PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month

sybarite
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
The House Speaker's district office in the new federal building in San Francisco costs a whopping $18,736 a month -- the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House. The rental price was reported by Roll Call on Monday.

The Democratic congresswoman moved last fall from her old office in the Burton Federal Building, which she occupied for 20 years, to a "greener" space in the city's new federal building -- a move and a high price that her spokesman, Drew Hammill, says was amply justified.

Hammill cited the new building's increased security measures and the new office's larger size as reasons for the move -- and the expense. "The new office space is 3,075 square feet, nearly a third larger than the old space, which was of inadequate size," he told FoxNews.com.

Roll Call reported Monday that Pelosi's new office space costs almost double that of the next-highest rental office held by a House member. Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., reportedly pays just under $10,600 a month for his office in New York's Soho neighborhood.

Queen Pelosi has spoken and her bidding will be done!

SpidermanTUba
06-15-2010, 12:14 AM
The House Speaker's district office in the new federal building in San Francisco costs a whopping $18,736 a month -- the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House. The rental price was reported by Roll Call on Monday.

I'm certain the fact its in SAN FRANCISCO has nothing to do with the high rent.

red states rule
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
and lets not forget other expenses the US taxpayer is paying so Ms pelosi can live the good life

Taxpayers' $101,000 includes Pelosi's in-flight 'food, booze'
Speaker's trips 'are more about partying than anything else'

It reads like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey … and Corona beer.

But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. That's almost $1,000 per week.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=123472

and

Nancy Pelosi spends $2,993 on flowers

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) spent $2,993 in taxpayer money on flowers between June and October. House Majority Whip James Clyburn has a thing for Chantilly Donuts, spending about $265 at the Virginia shop in the past quarter. And Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), a fiscal conservative, decided to give about $2,000 in unused office funds back to the government to help reduce the deficit.

These expenditures – culled from thousands of line items released Monday by the Chief Administrative Officer of the House – are just a fraction of the $300 million spent last quarter by House offices. But while the bulk of congressional office spending goes to salaries and routine office expenses, some of the line items offer a window into the personalities and priorities of each congressional office.

Pelosi, who has come under fire in the past for spending on flowers, also spent roughly $30,610 in food and beverage and about $2,740 on bottled water, contributing to the nearly $120,531 total from all congressional leadership accounts. Her offices defended the charges, saying the Speaker’s office holds more ceremonial events with visiting dignitaries than other congressional offices. They also use a local florist, and about a third of her flower expenses this quarter were for Jack Kemp’s funeral.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/30013.html

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm certain the fact its in SAN FRANCISCO has nothing to do with the high rent.

true....this site indicates that the cost of Class A office space is very high, around $3 per square foot...(I assume that's per month, because we can get $3 per annum here in Holland Michigan

http://www.rofo.com/CA/San-Francisco[/quote

of course I see Nancy is paying either $75 per annum or around $6 per month or twice the going rate.....I assume that's to ensure the growth of the local economy.....

red states rule
06-15-2010, 07:28 AM
When someone else is paying bill, there is nothing to good for our elected liberals who run on efficent government and higher taxes to pay for iy

Other expenses in Pelosi’s office include:

• A $10,000 contract to former Clinton White House speechwriter Heather Hurlburt to write the speech Pelosi delivered to the Israeli Knesset.

• Nearly $20,000 to Washington attorney Richard Meltzer to help with Pelosi’s transition. “Just like a presidential transition, Richard Meltzer was hired to oversee the historic changeover of Congress,” Elshami said.

• More than $2,400 to hire a makeup artist for the week of her swearing in. Pelosi later reimbursed the entire cost from her personal funds…

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/nancy-pelosi-spent-16k-on-flowers

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
More than $2,400 to hire a makeup artist for the week of her swearing in. Pelosi later reimbursed the entire cost from her personal funds…
I can't fault this one......if you want miracles you're going to have to pay for it.....

red states rule
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't fault this one......if you want miracles you're going to have to pay for it.....

What did she (and we) get for the money? I can't see any improvement at all. Do you?

Kathianne
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
What did she (and we) get for the money? I can't see any improvement at all. Do you?

I think PMP is insinuating she would be a hell of a lot scarier without the $2k in make-up. ;)

red states rule
06-15-2010, 11:05 AM
I think PMP is insinuating she would be a hell of a lot scarier without the $2k in make-up. ;)

Two grand and she still looks the way she does?

Kat, I can say Pelosi is not two faced

If she was, she would wear the other one

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2010, 12:53 PM

yes, in the original story, everyone who gazed upon her was turned to stone....

red states rule
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
yes, in the original story, everyone who gazed upon her was turned to stone....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBtAO4dYL98&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBtAO4dYL98&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

sybarite
06-15-2010, 02:43 PM

I can give her a bag to put over her head for free....and I'll even throw in a roll of duct tape for her mouth.