PDA

View Full Version : Obama Compares Oil Spill To 9-11

red states rule
06-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Obama is a desperate man. He sees his poll numbers sinking, the economy slipping further south, the anger of voters growing, and so he tires to compare an act of war that killed 3,000 people to try and save his political life.

Tonight in his speech to the nation, he will use this oil spill to push his tax and spend agenda and to expand the power and control of the Federal government

Sounding reflective as he heads into a bruising electoral season, President Barack Obama told POLITICO columnist Roger Simon that the Gulf disaster “echoes 9/11” because it will change the nation’s psyche for years to come.

Obama — facing mounting criticism of his handling of the BP gusher, even from longtime allies — vowed to make a “bold” push for a new energy law even as the calamity continues to unfold. And he said he will use the rest of his presidency to try to put the United States on a course toward a “new way of doing business when it comes to energy.”

“In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11,” the president said in an Oval Office interview on Friday, "I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come.”

Previewing his message for the midterm congressional elections in November, the president said: “[T]he Democrats in Congress have taken tougher votes, have worked harder under more stressful circumstances, than just about any Congress in our memory. And they’ve done a great job and deserve reelection.”

“So I’m going to be fighting on their behalf and doing everything I can and using my bully pulpit to communicate that fact to the American people,” he said. “I know there’s an anti-incumbent mood out there right now because … people are frustrated about the hit that the economy has taken. … But what I’m going to remind people of is we didn't create this mess. And this Congress responded forcefully at a time when this economy really could have fallen off a cliff.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38468.html

namvet
06-15-2010, 08:24 AM
that boy needs a keeper

red states rule
06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
After 9/11, libs lectured us not jump to conclusions, and not to blame all Muslims.

However now, those same libs are wanting to boycott BP, punish independent operators who had NOTHING to do with the

Has Obama - or any liberal - told us not to blame all oil companies for the actions of one?

Of course not. Libs see this as a way to ram thru Cap and Trade - and they will exploit this for all they can get

cat slave
06-15-2010, 11:18 AM
His pathology is showing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
His pathology is showing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question I am asking myself is - which is worse? The 4 years of Obama or 9/11?

First on his hit list - talk radio and Fox news. Then insurance companies. Then banks and Wall Street. Next was the Tea Party. Now, Oil companies.

Everyday there is a new "threat" to America and Obama

DragonStryk72
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Obama is a desperate man. He sees his poll numbers sinking, the economy slipping further south, the anger of voters growing, and so he tires to compare an act of war that killed 3,000 people to try and save his political life.

Tonight in his speech to the nation, he will use this oil spill to push his tax and spend agenda and to expand the power and control of the Federal government

Oh god, wait, he actually tried to compare the oil spill to the day I almost lost both my brother and my sister?

And really, the dems have been under tougher pressure than ever before, with a veto-proof majority, given that all they have to do is get a dem bill past a dem president? they have majorities in the house, the senate, and they have the Executive branch. How much more do they fucking need to pass bills? After this November they're gonna bitch cause they lost their lead, and oh how they can't get anything to pass, all the while skipping over the two year period where they did have everything.

red states rule
06-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh god, wait, he actually tried to compare the oil spill to the day I almost lost both my brother and my sister?

And really, the dems have been under tougher pressure than ever before, with a veto-proof majority, given that all they have to do is get a dem bill past a dem president? they have majorities in the house, the senate, and they have the Executive branch. How much more do they fucking need to pass bills? After this November they're gonna bitch cause they lost their lead, and oh how they can't get anything to pass, all the while skipping over the two year period where they did have everything.

The reson Obama did this is not that he believes what he says. It is to help him "sell" his Cap and trade bill. Like with Obamacare, Obama nd the left, will do anything and say anything, to get the mega tax bill passed

Even if they have to use 3,000 dead Americans to do it

red states rule
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Matt Nesto summed up perfectly how Obama deals with private companies that get in his way

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdaGZueuyt" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdaGZueuyt" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>