PDA

View Full Version : Myers-Briggs - took today

darin
06-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Years ago I took the Myers-Briggs analysis of my personality type. Today I re-took it; don't recall my previous results, but here's what it shows today:

Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
You are:
slightly expressed extravert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I think it's very accurate. Yesterday I sat at a bar, after work, with my boss' boss. He's a GS15-level Army Civilian employee. GS15 doesn't equate to a 'rank', but if it did, Colonel would be close. That's fairly 'senior' outside the Pentagon (where Colonels are action officers). After he and I discussed an upcoming project, we started chatting about life-work. He asked me about a few things in my work-experience. He mentioned the importance of being true to one's 'style'. I told him I wasn't exactly aware of my style. He gave me an off-the-cuff personality/leadershpi style assessment. He saw me as a decision-maker type; one who would trust his employees/advisors without requiring them to present all the details behind their opinions. For instance, if we had to build a building in one of two locations, I'd prefer my advisors just tell me what their gut says; tell me their views. That's opposed to requiring them to present all their data to me which lead them to their conclusions (which is how I believe President Obama operates - he can't make a decision until he has every possible fact or data point shown to him. He doesn't seem to be able to quickly process situations and make prompt decisions). My boss' boss said my 'style' doesn't mesh well with my job description. I work doing a lot of analysis - by my job description. Yet, those projects where I shine are those not under the 'analysis' duties, but those under the 'operator' duties. I can facilitate meetings, draft agendas, plan and execute projects. Those are my strengths. I believe the Personality test reflects those things.

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
you're just like Phil Donahue and Bill Moyer?......scary company.......not sure I trust you any more....

Abbey Marie
06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
And I am the analyst type, not the action type. I love to analyze things. I need all the facts, and I am not a particularly brave decision-maker.

http://www.b2bagri.com/uploadFiles/2006-04/1145936095484.jpg

darin
06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
:D

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
hmm....I'm Immanual Kant, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Beethoven, Pearl Buck, Arthur C. Clark.....
lol...

Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers

double lol....one of my recommended careers is religious education.....

SassyLady
06-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Today I am - INFP - Idealist Healer

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=healer

I've taken this test many times over the years for various reasons (school, work, fun) and I've always scored in the Idealist category .... depending on what phase of my life I'm going through it seems I bounce back and forth between the Healer and the Counselor.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2010, 01:53 AM
I've always come up INTJ.

Mr. P
06-17-2010, 01:54 AM
1. You are almost never late for your appointments
YES NO

I hate these tests. How do you answer if yer ALWAYS early? No? How is 'No' scored, + or - ?
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

*but I will say these tests have always nailed me to a T.* :laugh2:

chloe
06-18-2010, 07:29 AM
INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves

INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations.

The INFP often lets others get the best of them. The INFP doesn’t believe in ‘rocking the boat’ and that can frustrate friends who wait for the INFP to take action. There is almost nothing the INFP will do in order to avoid conflict.

In a love relationship the INFP feels more than they express. This is a double-edged sword because they never fully explain what bothers them and therefore never really solve a problem. They live by a code that calls for harmony but are often caught in between the desired harmony and the inability to express their frustrations.
If the family is jovial and getting along the INFP is extremely happy but the second things get unpleasant the INFP is out the door.

http://www.knowyourtype.com/infp.html

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

Every time I take it I am an INFP.

chloe
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
bump

Little-Acorn
08-31-2011, 07:03 PM
My sister was into Myers-Briggs bigtime. She loved the way it helped her put people into categories.

I figure that's because it helped her believe that people COULD be put into categories, even though they can't be.

If I wanted to insult somebody to the point of telling him that his reactions were 90% predictable even when different from other people's reactions, I'd give him a Myers-Briggs test.

But I don't think that badly of anyone, nor have I in my lifetime. Ever.

J.T
08-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Your Type is
INTJ

You are:

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency -- any waste of human and material resources -- they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them.
http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.
INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this

http://typelogic.com/intj.html

chloe
08-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Gaffer is an INTJ too;)

J.T
08-31-2011, 08:01 PM
My sister was into Myers-Briggs bigtime. She loved the way it helped her put people into categories.

I figure that's because it helped her believe that people COULD be put into categories, even though they can't be..

If that were true, Bernays et al wouldn't have been able to engineer the rise of the consumerist culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPzGUsYyKM

KartRacerBoy
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
INTJ here. My wife would like to note my lack of respect for authority, especially hers.