PDA

View Full Version : Ya think......

Trinity
06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
well considering I deal with this every day.....and most if not all of these computers are running IE6 which has been outdated for at least 5 years...........hell even the IT person doesn't have a clue. :eek:

Report: Gov't Can't Protect Its Computers

Federal Agency Lacks Ability To React To Threats, Internal Report Says

WASHINGTON -- The federal agency in charge of securing the government's computer systems is unable to monitor the networks or analyze threats in real time, and it lacks the authority and staff it needs to do its job, according to an internal report.
The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team must share information about threats and trends more quickly and in greater detail with other federal departments so they can better protect themselves, the audit said.
Issued Wednesday by the Homeland Security Department's inspector general, the report lays out criticism that long has been aired by U.S. officials and outside experts who say the government's computer systems are vulnerable to attacks, are persistently probed, and lack the needed management and security standards.
And it highlights many of the problems Congress is trying to address in a number of bills aimed at creating a more effective government structure to improve and enforce security standards.

http://www.wlwt.com/politics/23925805/detail.html

HogTrash
06-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I have heard that a sophisticated cyber-attack on the US could be absolutely devastating.

It is believed that China is constantly looking for a chink in our cyber-armor...Imagine that?

Insein
06-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I have heard that a sophisticated cyber-attack on the US could be absolutely devastating.

It is believed that China is constantly looking for a chink in our cyber-armor...Imagine that?

ME too in Die Hard 4.

Gaffer
06-18-2010, 11:10 AM

Was that pun intended?

HogTrash
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Was that pun intended?What pun? :D

KarlMarx
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Most spam that corporate America has to filter out came from China. Not hackers, but the People's Liberation Army. They target corporations e.g. Lockheed and others that are crucial to our defense. I once heard that each corporation is attacked on the order of several million times each day. That's right.. several million times each day.

We are in the midst of a cyber-war with China, North Korea (as in MyDoom virus, and others), and other nations. It's like the Battle of the Atlantic during World War II. It is being fought in command and control centers and most of the population isn't aware of it being waged at all.