PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Americans too stupid to comprehend Obama’s genius

red states rule
06-18-2010, 04:52 AM
Given Obama's sinking poll numbers, and the voter anger over his incompetence - CNN is now offering this excuse on behalf of the Chosen One

You are too stupid to get superior intelligence

But Obama's speech may have gone over the heads of many in his audience, according to an analysis of the 18-minute talk released Wednesday by Paul J.J. Payack, president of Global Language Monitor.

Tuesday night's speech from the Oval Office of the White House was written to a 9.8 grade level, said Payack, who gave Obama a "solid B." His Austin, Texas-based company analyzes and catalogues trends in word usage and word choice and their impact on culture.

He singled out this sentence from Obama as unfortunate: "That is why just after the rig sank, I assembled a team of our nation's best scientists and engineers to tackle this challenge -- a team led by Dr. Steven Chu, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist and our nation's secretary of energy."

"A little less professorial, less academic and more ordinary," Payack recommended. "That's the type of phraseology that makes you [appear] aloof and out of touch."

Yaros disagreed, supporting the quality of the president's explanation for spelling out the efforts under way, even if they have not succeeded in ending the flow.

"He's just trying to be transparent," Yaros said. "We can't cure cancer, but I'm comforted to know that the best researchers in the nation are devoted to finding a cure."

Payack found these three sentences insensitive: "Already, this oil spill is the worst environmental disaster America has ever faced. And unlike an earthquake or a hurricane, it is not a single event that does its damage in a matter of minutes or days. The millions of gallons of oil that have spilled into the Gulf of Mexico are more like an epidemic, one that we will be fighting for months and even years."

"You shouldn't be saying that in Katrina-land," said Payack, referring to the 2005 hurricane that devastated the Gulf Coast. "New Orleans lost a third of its population [to evacuees who did not return]; it's still recovering."

But he praised Obama's phrase "oil began spewing" as active and graphic.

Obama's nearly 10th-grade-level rating was the highest of any of his major speeches and well above the grade 7.4 of his 2008 "Yes, we can" victory speech, which many consider his best effort, Payack said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/16/obama.speech.analysis/index.html?hpt=C1

darin
06-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Considering the majority of americans elected this president, I believe the guy is on to something.

Most people are sheep. 80% of folk simply don't get it.

red states rule
06-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Considering the majority of americans elected this president, I believe the guy is on to something.

Most people are sheep. 80% of folk simply don't get it.

Not to fast DMP

People are starting to get it. While I am surprised he has a 43% approval rating

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

This says alot

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/june_2010/obama_approval_index_june_17_2010/323736-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_june_17_2010.jpg

darin
06-18-2010, 05:16 AM
There are still a LOT of stupid people. MOST people I meet don't have a clue. You have to know that.

red states rule
06-18-2010, 05:19 AM
There are still a LOT of stupid people. MOST people I meet don't have a clue. You have to know that.

I work with liberals, and I come to face to face with their stupidity everyday. The excuses they are coming with for Obama is amazing

But, there are some who are starting to get it DMP

Obama is converting some of them, and that may be good news for the country come November