PDA

View Full Version : The Obama Effect

red states rule
06-18-2010, 04:57 AM
This poll should come as no shock to Scott Brown, Chris Christie. and Bob McDonnell.

Obama's endorsement turns off a majority of voters

Lets hope Obama travels the country between now and November, and stumps for Democrats

Democrats are going to have to think really carefully about how they deploy Barack Obama for campaigning this fall. Polls we've conducted nationally and in several different states over the last few weeks have found that a candidate being endorsed by Obama is much more likely to elicit a negative response from Republican voters than a positive one from Democrats.

PPP's most recent national survey found that while Obama had a positive approval rating at 48/47, only 33% of voters were more likely to vote for a candidate endorsed by him while 48% said support from Obama would make them less likely to vote for someone. That's because only 64% of voters who approve of the President say his endorsement would make them more inclined to vote for a candidate, but 91% who disapprove say Obama's support makes it less likely they would vote for one of his preferred candidates.

To put into perspective the perils of having Obama out on the campaign trail, consider the numbers in his home state of Illinois. Even there just 26% of voters say they'd be more inclined to back an Obama endorsed candidate while 40% say his support would be more likely to turn them against a candidate. It's another example where the intensity of feeling about Obama is much stronger on the GOP side- 80% of Republicans say they're less likely to vote for someone with the President's support while only 49% of Democrats say they're more likely to. If Obama's support isn't a net positive in Illinois it's hard to know where he should be deployed.

Whether Cal Cunningham or Elaine Marshall wins the Democratic Senate runoff in North Carolina next week neither is likely to get much benefit from Obama campaigning for them. 47% of voters in the state say they'd be less inclined to vote for someone he supported to only 30% who say his support would have a positive impact on their vote.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/obama-effect.html

KarlMarx
06-18-2010, 05:59 AM
The Obama Effect is high unemployment, a long term feeling of despair, poverty, and the wholesale destruction of small communities.

Obama's policies have hurt more blacks, more seriously, than anything that the KKK could have dreamt up.

My 18 month year old nephew likes to pretend he's driving my brother's SUV sometimes. That is just what Obama is doing. He's pretending he's a president. The man is the un-President, he is totally unfit for the job. He has about as much understanding of what it takes to be president as an amoeba has about quantum physics.

He has no understanding of the issues that confront him each day.

On the economic front, his policies, like Obama-care and cap and trade, will suck what little life our economy has out of it.

In the Gulf of Mexico, he does little else than shake down BP, sips on Bushwackers, and utters unpresidential remarks like "kick their ass" (for which, if I said this as a kid, I'd promptly be shown the backside of my mom or dad's hand).

He's the man of inaction, or misdirection.
He's the 11th plague
He's the worst president in living memory, if not longer.

Meanwhile, we in small town America are trying to make ends meet and wonder when, not if, we'll be losing our jobs.

red states rule
06-18-2010, 06:03 AM
The Obama Effect is high unemployment, a long term feeling of despair, poverty, and the wholesale destruction of small communities.

Obama's policies have hurt more blacks, more seriously, than anything that the KKK could have dreamt up.

My 18 month year old nephew likes to pretend he's driving my brother's SUV sometimes. That is just what Obama is doing. He's pretending he's a president. The man is the un-President, he is totally unfit for the job. He has about as much understanding of what it takes to be president as an amoeba has about quantum physics.

He has no understanding of the issues that confront him each day.

On the economic front, his policies, like Obama-care and cap and trade, will suck what little life our economy has out of it.

In the Gulf of Mexico, he does little else than shake down BP, sips on Bushwackers, and utters unpresidential remarks like "kick their ass" (for which, if I said this as a kid, I'd promptly be shown the backside of my mom or dad's hand).

He's the man of inaction, or misdirection.
He's the 11th plague
He's the worst president in living memory, if not longer.

Meanwhile, we in small town America are trying to make ends meet and wonder when, not if, we'll be losing our jobs.

You nailed it. As I said before Obama was elected - we are now enjoying Jimmy Carter's second term

Things can change greatly between now and November - but it looks like Obama is leading the Dem party into a massacre on Election Day

I only hope conservatives win big and repeal what they can of Obama's "accomplishments" of his first two years - and pass huge spending and tax cuts to get the economy moving in the right direction

KarlMarx
06-18-2010, 08:48 AM
You nailed it. As I said before Obama was elected - we are now enjoying Jimmy Carter's second term

Things can change greatly between now and November - but it looks like Obama is leading the Dem party into a massacre on Election Day

I only hope conservatives win big and repeal what they can of Obama's "accomplishments" of his first two years - and pass huge spending and tax cuts to get the economy moving in the right direction
If the next Congress does not overturn the legislation of this Congress, I'm afraid of what will happen next. We will either have another recession or worse. It is possible that our bond rating will be downgraded.

Defense spending is a lost cause. It will not turn around until 2013.

red states rule
06-21-2010, 06:40 PM
If the next Congress does not overturn the legislation of this Congress, I'm afraid of what will happen next. We will either have another recession or worse. It is possible that our bond rating will be downgraded.

Defense spending is a lost cause. It will not turn around until 2013.

http://patriotupdate.com/cartoonfiles/the-disaster-continues.jpg