PDA

View Full Version : Granny Basher caught

Trigg
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Finally!!! Although they state even if they charge him with a felony, he'd only get 4 yrs.

UPDATE: A suspect in the mugging last month of a 101-year-old woman with a walker was arrested on Friday on drug charges, said Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Kelly said Jack Rhodes, 44, had been wanted for questioning in the vicious attack - captured on a surveillance tape that outraged New Yorkers - and another robbery of an 85-year-old woman. Rhodes is suspected of punching and robbing a woman on Dec. 30, 2006, at 7:30 a.m. in Jamaica - a robbery eerily similar to the ones committed on March 4 in Queens on two senior citizens.

In the December attack, Rhodes allegedly approached a woman near the entrance to her basement apartment in Jamaica, punched her in the face and grabbed her handbag, police said.

Rhodes - who also uses the aliases "Jack Roads" and "James Gray" - fled on foot, authorities said.

NYPD officials said they would also like to question Rhodes about the assault and robbery on the two elderly women - one of which was caught on surveillance video - since it is so similar to the December attack.

On the video, a man is seen punching 101-year-old Rose Morat in the face as she stands in the vestibule of her Jamaica Estates apartment building.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04272007/news/regionalnews/granny_basher_regionalnews_murray_weiss__erika_mar tinez_and_clemente_lisi.htm

krisy
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
If it is him,he ought to have the book thrown at him. That video of him beating that woman enraged me. What a puss.

Gaffer
04-27-2007, 08:00 PM
All they have to do is tell the inmates he's housed with what he did and things will be taken care of there.

diuretic
04-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Good work by the cops on that one. Stuff him in a hole somewhere.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Poor guy is no doubt mentally ill. We should put up a memorial to him right now.

Hugh Lincoln
04-28-2007, 10:14 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04272007/photos/news007b.jpg

I'd say what comes to mind when I see this, but I don't want to offend Al Sharpton.

More I think of it, I think white granny here owes the black community an apology. By resisting the attack, she showed clear disrespect to the dignity and honor of the black man.