PDA

View Full Version : My husband had a reality check today....

Trinity
06-18-2010, 06:16 PM
He just bought a motorcycle back in Feb. he has been wanting one for numerous years now and he finally got the one he wanted. He's been riding off and on for about 6 years now but this is his first bike.

I give the man props he is very cautious and very much about safety.......

However on his way home from work today he was driving the car, but came upon a motorcycle accident not far from our house and he said it tore him up seeing the guy laying on the side of the road and his bike mangled almost beyond recognition.....the guy had no helmet on.

My husband was damn near in tears telling me about it and his stomach he said was in knots for a good hour after he saw the accident.

I have no idea how the guy is doing or if he even made it......I keep checking the news but no info yet.

So if you ride wear your helmet and riding gear....and if you don't ride check, double check, and triple check!!!

Mr. P
06-18-2010, 11:45 PM
No helmet = No brains ! In more ways than one.

Binky
06-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Hubby and I used to ride years ago. Just too damn many fruity drivers now that don't give a crapola as to how they drive.... No thanks.... That's a been there, done that moment....

KitchenKitten99
06-19-2010, 10:50 PM
If you do ride though, make yourself visible and always assume the cars and trucks around you, cannot see you.

Telling other vehicles to watch for you, instead of you making sure they can see you, is like a mouse telling an elephant to watch where he steps.

darin
06-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Little "Skull cap" type helmet guys on Harley's wear? Yeah - no brains.

Wearing thin leather 'chaps' and a 'tough-looking' biker-group jacket? Yeah - no brains.

Wearing work-boots instead of proper riding boots? Yeah - no brains.

When one buys a motorcycle, they should budget $1500 for proper gear.

Trinity
06-20-2010, 12:22 PM
If you do ride though, make yourself visible and always assume the cars and trucks around you, cannot see you.

Telling other vehicles to watch for you, instead of you making sure they can see you, is like a mouse telling an elephant to watch where he steps.

Right....We were out on the bike yesterday and had two incidents on the same stretch of road but in opposite directions.

The road is 4 lanes, 2 one way and 2 the other, some asshole not paying attention was on our left and locked up his brakes to keep from slamming into the suv in front of him cause the light had changed, his ass end swung over to our side and then he swerved over in front of us to stop yeah he got cussed at along with a few middle fingers.

second one was on our way back home, same road, but we had other riders with us....some dumb bitch cuts over in front of us no turn signal but has a baby on board sign swinging in the back of her suv and a car seat in the back.... when we hit the light I told my husband pull up as close as you can to her window....I yelled hey dumbass were not mind readers thats what turn signals are for use them!!!! :slap:

I think we scared the shit out of her!!