PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Radio Address - It Is All The Republicans Fault

red states rule
06-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Once again Pres Obama played the blame game for his failed economic policies.

Dems failed to pass a bill sending even more money to states to keep government workers on the payroll - much like the "stimulus" bill did and we are back to square one

Also, Dems want to once again extend unemployment benefits - that will encourage people to go get a job right?

Even though some Dems did not support it since it would add to the growing deficit - Pres Obama whined how it was all the fualt of the minority Republicans

Obama devotes weekly address to criticism of Congress
By Scott Wilson
A frustrated President Obama assailed congressional Republicans on Saturday for holding up legislation he said is important to the country's economic recovery, and he called for up-or-down votes on the measure and on scores of his nominees in the Senate as soon as possible.

"I was disappointed this week to see a dreary and familiar politics get in the way of our ability to move forward on a series of critical issues that have a direct impact on people's lives," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address.

Obama has often sprinkled criticism of Washington's partisan culture - a target of his 2008 campaign - throughout his weekly addresses. But he has rarely devoted the entire speech to the subject, and his doing so Saturday was a sign of his exasperation and concern that a failure to push through measures to benefit the staggering economy could hurt his party in the November elections.

The bills before the Senate include one that would extend unemployment benefits and provide federal aid to states struggling with grave fiscal problems. It failed to win enough support in the Senate this week to come to the floor for a vote.

Another measure Obama cited would lift the $75 million cap on damages that oil companies must pay to those affected by oil spills. A number of Democratic senators have pushed to raise the limit, now two decades old, in light of the Gulf oil spill. It, too, is stalled.

Obama also said 136 of his nominees for federal posts are awaiting a confirmation vote in the Senate. He said "all are highly qualified, very few are controversial."

"The vast majority already have support from both parties," Obama said. "But most of them are seeing their nominations intentionally delayed by Republican leaders, or even blocked altogether."

Senate Republicans have argued against some of the measures, particularly those requiring more spending at a time of projected budget deficits that Obama himself has called "unsustainable."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/06/obama-devotes-weekly-address-t.html

DragonStryk72
06-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Um, don't they have a veto proof majority going over there right now? I mean, they don't have the 60 votes it would take to stop a filibuster, but I mean, come on, really? He can't pass a single thing?

The Republicans are not going to stop every single piece of legislation with a filibuster just for shits and giggles. At least some of it would get through if the Dems would start actually working as a team, but it's not happening.

HogTrash
06-20-2010, 09:39 PM
For someone always claiming "the buck stops here" Obama sure does seem to always be blaming someone else for every bad decision he makes. :dunno: :confused:

stephanie
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
WHINER in Chief.

what did you expect from a person who was a thuggish Community Agitator for most of his adult life.

red states rule
06-21-2010, 04:47 AM
Um, don't they have a veto proof majority going over there right now? I mean, they don't have the 60 votes it would take to stop a filibuster, but I mean, come on, really? He can't pass a single thing?

The Republicans are not going to stop every single piece of legislation with a filibuster just for shits and giggles. At least some of it would get through if the Dems would start actually working as a team, but it's not happening.

Harry Reid had a temper tantrum after the bill failed to pass last week and whined how it was defeated by the Republicans.

He failed to mention - as did the liberal media - some Dems also voted against it

Can't have facts get in the way when Dems vote against a Dem sponsored bill (like they did for awhile with Obamacare until the birbes were handed out to secure Dem votes)

I guess that will be next to pass Cap and Tax

red states rule
06-21-2010, 04:48 AM
WHINER in Chief.

what did you expect from a person who was a thuggish Community Agitator for most of his adult life.

Obama will be whining much more and much louder after the November election :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
06-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Harry Reid had a temper tantrum after the bill failed to pass last week and whined how it was defeated by the Republicans.

He failed to mention - as did the liberal media - some Dems also voted against it

Can't have facts get in the way when Dems vote against a Dem sponsored bill (like they did for awhile with Obamacare until the birbes were handed out to secure Dem votes)

I guess that will be next to pass Cap and Tax

I swear to god that Congress is starting to sound more and more like a bad little league team.

red states rule
06-21-2010, 05:32 AM
I swear to god that Congress is starting to sound more and more like a bad little league team.

Obama needs to face the fact that his party runs Congress. That could very well change come November and start in Jan 2011

THEN he can correctly gripe about Republicans blocking his wishlist

DragonStryk72
06-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Obama needs to face the fact that his party runs Congress. That could very well change come November and start in Jan 2011

THEN he can correctly gripe about Republicans blocking his wishlist

So you're hoping he keeps on screwing it up then?

red states rule
06-21-2010, 05:45 AM
So you're hoping he keeps on screwing it up then?

Given his policies how could he do otherwise? Tax and spend liberalism has never succeeded

His solution to everything is to raise taxes, throw more money at the problem, and more government regulation

Binky
06-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I sure am tired of the powers that be blaming this, that or whatever on others. It seems to be the first thing out of their mouths when they awaken and the last thing coming out of them when going to bed...

A great bunch of role models for our young. If something doesn't go the way you think it should, whine, piss and moan and then blame it on someone else.......:bang3:

And how dare anyone even own up to their own inadequacies. Much easier to toss around the blame than to look within oneself and discover that you actually didn't have what it took to pull the country out of the mess they had all gotten it in......

Insein
06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
For someone always claiming "the buck stops here" Obama sure does seem to always be blaming someone else for every bad decision he makes. :dunno: :confused:

Which for all his faults, Bush NEVER blamed anyone else.

red states rule
06-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Which for all his faults, Bush NEVER blamed anyone else.

Nor did he tell people not to watch MSNBC or Air America

Of course most people do not watch MSNBC and many did not listen to Air America without being told