PDA

View Full Version : Drano Bomb warning !!

namvet
06-20-2010, 06:04 PM
got this in an email. i always "snope" it first. appears to be legit

“Works bomb” no hoax: a hazard warning to all…especially li’l ones

It appears the Drano bomb aka Works bomb may be the stupid prank du jour. In my day, it was dry Drano, water and an aluminum 35mm film cannister which, in a matter of 30 seconds, would “pop” the lid off or burst the can’s skin. Stupid as the stunt was, it was reasonably safe compared to the 2 liter plastic bottle version.

Because of the volume and elasticity of the plastic bottles, it is not unheard of for a bomb to stand for an extended period as the pressure of the explosive gas finds equilibrium. Then, should someone pick it up, kick it or be simply be nearby by when sunlight or wind throws that equilibrium off…

Bear in mind, as with any explosive, these devices may be wrapped in shrapnel. So, these bombs have the potential to kill as well as maim. Whether or not the prank takes off again out here, best warn warn those you love.

http://www.pacovilla.com/?p=37439

includes vid

Mr. P
06-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Reminds me of my youth and some of the stupid shit I did. :laugh2: Nothing this stupid though...ahhh well, now that I think about it.....cooking a volatile mixture in yer apartment kitchen instead of outside is pretty stupid.

YES we had ONE ignition in the house before we learned that lesson.
We used the mixture to make smoke grenades.

namvet
06-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Reminds me of my youth and some of the stupid shit I did. :laugh2: Nothing this stupid though...ahhh well, now that I think about it.....cooking a volatile mixture in yer apartment kitchen instead of outside is pretty stupid.

YES we had ONE ignition in the house before we learned that lesson.
We used the mixture to make smoke grenades.

same here. but fireworks was the thing when i was a kid. we tried to blow up everything we could find. including my hand !!!! it had a short fuse and went off before i could throw it. damned that hurt !!!! my hand was black and numb for hours :laugh2: