PDA

View Full Version : Old Earth "Scientists"

-Cp
04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Ya know recently, there was someone on a message board (Board name hidden to protect this persons identity) I post on that started saying how he and his new girlfriend both believe the earth is old, and that anyone (Young Earth Science (http://www.answersingenesis.com)) who challenges that must be somehow using "Junk Science".

Seems sad that folks like that will automatically dismiss solid evidence (after all - both sides of the argument all have the same evidence to work with) because it helps prove the Biblical account of Creation.

I can't help but think they widely accept Old Earth because anything to help further their own misguided beliefs into "no God" or a humanistic theology helps them feel better about their own inability to decide whether or not there really is a God who DID create them, loves them and longs to have a relationship with them.

Missileman
04-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Seems sad that folks like that will automatically dismiss solid evidence (after all - both sides of the argument all have the same evidence to work with) because it helps prove the Biblical account of Creation.

Explain how rocks and fossils dating millions of years old helps prove the Biblical account of creation... more specifically, the young earth theory.

Hagbard Celine
04-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Ya know recently, there was someone on a message board (Board name hidden to protect this persons identity) I post on that started saying how he and his new girlfriend both believe the earth is old, and that anyone (Young Earth Science (http://www.answersingenesis.com)) who challenges that must be somehow using "Junk Science".

I can't help but think they widely accept Old Earth because anything to help further their own misguided beliefs into "no God" or a humanistic theology helps them feel better about their own inability to decide whether or not there really is a God who DID create them, loves them and longs to have a relationship with them.

Uh, what "solid evidence" are you talking about?

-Cp
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Explain how rocks and fossils dating millions of years old helps prove the Biblical account of creation... more specifically, the young earth theory.

I will just as soon as you explain why someone as Godless as yourself is posting the the "Religion" forum.... :P

Dilloduck
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Either way I've started a campaign to stop global aging--please contribute before its too late !!!!!! :coffee:

Missileman
04-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I will just as soon as you explain why someone as Godless as yourself is posting the the "Religion" forum.... :P

Right after that, maybe you can explain why you would post an opinion about the godless in the religion forum. :poke:

And THEN, explain why you started a thread about scientists in the religion forum.

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Just how good are those young earth arguemnts?

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hovind/howgood.html

5stringJeff
05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Not all who believe in an old earth are atheists, humanists, etc. Some of us are Bible-believing Christians.

LOki
05-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Seems sad that folks like that will automatically dismiss solid evidence ... because it helps prove the Biblical account of Creation.^^ The presumptive, strawman assertion at the core of denial of the consistently verifiable evidence against a young earth.

badger
05-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I believe in:

young Earth
flat Earth
cold fusion
water witching
creationism
chain letters
Nostradamus
UFOs
Bermuda Triangle
Nancy Pelosi
sasquatch

Doniston
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Explain how rocks and fossils dating millions of years old helps prove the Biblical account of creation... more specifically, the young earth theory. A bunch of years ago, I was told of a theory that the earth was indeed only six thousand years old, but the reason for old dino bones was that the earth was peiced together from huge amounts of space objects and the the dinos were part of some world which had blown appart and later became part of earth. When the party was asked how the old dstroyed world occurred they had no answer ----small wonder.

Doniston
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I believe in:

young Earth
flat Earth
cold fusion
water witching
creationism
chain letters
Nostradamus
UFOs
Bermuda Triangle
Nancy Pelosi
sasquatch I would agree with

Cold fusion -- Possible, and proven
Waterwitching--- seen it proven time and time again
Nostra the old man Namus---- a seer of sorts, but based on logic, not magic.
UFOs---- Seen evidence of them.
Bermuda Triangle,---- maybe do to strange phenoms.
Saquatch --- even wrote about him as the abondable snowman.

nevadamedic
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Right after that, maybe you can explain why you would post an opinion about the godless in the religion forum. :poke:

And THEN, explain why you started a thread about scientists in the religion forum.

:clap: :laugh2:

manu1959
05-20-2007, 07:16 PM

one does not necessarily preclude the other....