PDA

View Full Version : Road Built By Stimulus Money Named "Barack Obama Parkway"

red states rule
06-22-2010, 05:38 AM
OMG, the kool aid is flowing in FL.

ORLANDO - Orlando leaders made President Barack Obama Parkway the first road under construction in the nation named after our 44th president, and surely one of the few in history to be named after a sitting president in his first term.

However, Commissioner Samuel Ings, who came up with the name for the road, knows what he'd like to see.

"One of my dreams would be when we get ready to cut the ribbon that our president, presidential limo and seal would be the first to travel along Presidential Barack Obama Parkway," Ings said.

for the article and video

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/21/road_built_by_stimulus_money_named_barack_obama_pa rkway.html

CSM
06-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Hmmm...maybe the road leads to nowhere and is full of blind alleys, u-turns and sink holes all paid for by exhorbitant tolls. Then the name would make sense.

HogTrash
06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Hmmm...maybe the road leads to nowhere and is full of blind alleys, u-turns and sink holes all paid for by exhorbitant tolls. Then the name would make sense.Maybe only the rich people will have to pay tolls. :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
However, Commissioner Samuel Ings, who came up with the name for the road, knows what he'd like to see.

"One of my dreams would be when we get ready to cut the ribbon that our president, presidential limo and seal would be the first to travel along Presidential Barack Obama Parkway," Ings said.

Could well happen. And I agree that it would be a very classy touch.

But considering that it might take longer than 2 years to complete the construction, it's unlikely that Obama will be the President riding in the limo when they cut the ribbon.

Kathianne
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Maybe only the rich people will have to pay tolls. :laugh2:

Got a point. Perhaps everyone should put the GAI on the windshield, I've a feeling both 'poor' and 'rich' are going to shortly be redefined.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Maybe only the rich people will have to pay tolls. :laugh2:

:laugh2: Would be even funnier if it wasn't all too possible.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Alternate name: The "God-Damn Amerikkka Higway"?

:mad:

Binky
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Could that be the road to Hell?:laugh2::laugh2:

Binky
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Hmmm...maybe the road leads to nowhere and is full of blind alleys, u-turns and sink holes all paid for by exhorbitant tolls. Then the name would make sense.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Yeah, tolls we hand over to some other country.....:laugh2:

Binky
06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
And why would he want to travel that road when he travels the road to the White House daily? Rather pointless. He's already on the most famous road in the country. Traveling that one would be a step backwards, or downwards.....:laugh2:

KarlMarx
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Got a point. Perhaps everyone should put the GAI on the windshield, I've a feeling both 'poor' and 'rich' are going to shortly be redefined.

As I said after Barak Obama's election.. there's good news and there's bad news now that Barak O-dummy is president....

1. The good news is that we're all going to be rich
2. The bad news is ... remember that tax cut for the rich?.......

Gaffer
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Could that be the road to Hell?:laugh2::laugh2:

My thoughts exactly.

Kathianne
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
As I said after Barak Obama's election.. there's good news and there's bad news now that Barak O-dummy is president....

1. The good news is that we're all going to be rich
2. The bad news is ... remember that tax cut for the rich?.......

I think you missed his effect on the job market. Too many are unemployed. The results are obvious on the stats of employment and housing.

Missileman
06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
OMG, the kool aid is flowing in FL.

I swear when I first saw the thread title I thought it said Porkway...I thought it was a humor thing...:laugh2:

Gaffer
06-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I swear when I first saw the thread title I thought it said Porkway...I thought it was a humor thing...:laugh2:

It has a name now. :lol:

red states rule
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
The road takes you drectly to the unemployment office and next door is the welfare office