PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the summer?

chloe
06-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyone got big trips planned? I will be off for a bit but hopefully not too long:cool:

Mr. P
06-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I plan to stay away from the gulf coast.

SassyLady
06-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Going to Cleveland this weekend, back on Monday.

Daughter and grandkids coming for the month of July and after that I have nothing planned. Maybe a couple of camping trips. Used to go to Mexico to all inclusive resorts at least once a year but we know that isn't happening for a while!!

red states rule
06-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Already had my vacation. I will work and save my time off until Thanksgiving and Christmas

chloe
06-23-2010, 06:51 AM
My mom and kids will go to Delaware next month, then they are going to virginia, north & south carolina and then tenessee. My trip is planned in september to Kentucky but could change to another location :cool:

Kathianne
06-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Just doing the work of finding work. If any out of state applications come through, might have to do a road trip. ;)

chloe
06-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Just doing the work of finding work. If any out of state applications come through, might have to do a road trip. ;)

cool it will be fun to see what manifests for you.:cool:

Abbey Marie
06-23-2010, 09:39 AM
My mom and kids will go to Delaware next month, then they are going to virginia, north & south carolina and then tenessee. My trip is planned in september to Kentucky but could change to another location :cool:

Welcome to Delaware, Chloe's mom & kids! Do you have relatives here?

Prayers for you, Kath! This could be the start of an exciting adventure.

Just our annual trip to my husband's ancestors' village in Maine. We stay on a lake and make side trips to do Maine-y stuff like whale-watching and eating lots of lobster.

HogTrash
06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
To incite as much hate and discontent for Obama and the Democrat Party as humanly possible by November. :salute:

Binky
06-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Just our annual trip to my husband's ancestors' village in Maine. We stay on a lake and make side trips to do Maine-y stuff like whale-watching and eating lots of lobster.

That sounds so very nice and restful. The oceans are gorgeous. And so are the great lakes. I've never been in that direction of the country....

To incite as much hate and discontent for Obama and the Democrat Party as humanly possible by November. :salute:

Well, you will have a full summer then Hog....Your bullpucky will leave skid marks across the land.....:laugh2:

We're not taking any trips this summer. Hubs and I were discussing heading north of here to spend a couple of days at a fishing resort and just go out on the lake and fish until our hearts are contented.

I learned early on in life to bait my own hooks and clean fish, so I'm good with it all. And sometimes I just use a lure. Sometimes the fish bite. Sometimes they don't. Either way, it's a great way to sit back and relax......with my mp3 player shoved in my ear......Tunes, fishing, snacks, bottled water and a gorgeous day..................Ahhhhh..........what more could one ask for....?

red states rule
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Going to anywhere near Virgil?

red states rule
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM

I hope things work out for you Kat. You are in my thoughts and prayers as always

chloe
06-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Welcome to Delaware, Chloe's mom & kids! Do you have relatives here?

Yeah my aunt and cousins live in Delaware, and Pa and vineland new jersey:cool:

Abbey Marie
06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Going to anywhere near Virgil?

PM me :salute:

gabosaurus
06-24-2010, 10:04 PM
We're going on vacation at the end of July. We're going to Phoenix and Tucson for a while, then up to Albuquerque and Santa Fe, then over to the Dallas area. Where we are going to visit relatives and I am going to be in my friend Katie's wedding.

chloe
06-25-2010, 02:20 PM
We're going on vacation at the end of July. We're going to Phoenix and Tucson for a while, then up to Albuquerque and Santa Fe, then over to the Dallas area. Where we are going to visit relatives and I am going to be in my friend Katie's wedding.

sounds fun

chloe
07-26-2010, 11:52 AM
My Company has had Mandatory overtime for nearly 2 months now. My Vacation starts Sept 28th, I have 2 weeks off paid. I am going to Kentucky to see if its an area I would like to move to. I am looking forward to meeting up with Gaffer & Trinity at that time should be fun !!!!:salute:

Gaffer
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
My Company has had Mandatory overtime for nearly 2 months now. My Vacation starts Sept 28th, I have 2 weeks off paid. I am going to Kentucky to see if its an area I would like to move to. I am looking forward to meeting up with Gaffer & Trinity at that time should be fun !!!!:salute:

That will be so cool. Looking forward to it. Gives me an excuse to explore Kentucky as well.

Mandatory overtime sucks and you'll be ready for some time off by then.

chloe
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
That will be so cool. Looking forward to it. Gives me an excuse to explore Kentucky as well.

Mandatory overtime sucks and you'll be ready for some time off by then.

There is alot to see out there, I just hope there are Job opportunities as well, at any rate we will all have fun sightseeing.

Gaffer
07-26-2010, 12:29 PM
yeah we will. I somewhat familiar with the northern Kentucky area but the farther south and west we go the less I know about it.

I'll keep an eye out on the job market in the area though.

Trigg
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Our only family trip this summer was down to Gatlinburg, that is a beautiful state.:salute:

My daughter spent 2 weeks in Finland/Sweden with her Great Aunt and Aunt.

Other than that, a few more camping trips ahead of us before starting school, but those will be very close to home.

Trigg
07-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Love Kentucky, hubby has extended family there.

Kathianne
07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Love Kentucky, hubby has extended family there.

I must say that I loved Kentucky too, the time I spent there at my uncle's summer home. It was in Paducah, right on Kentucky Lake. About 20 minutes to Paris Landing, TN state park, one of the prettiest I've ever been too.