PDA

View Full Version : update

actsnoblemartin
06-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Here is the speech edited by my mother along with my proposals for sponsorship, both submitted to the lady at san diego autism society.

your thoughts?

Hello, My name is Martin Barken and I’m the organizer of the meet up group named the 20/30 Club, a social club for young adults with Asperger’s Syndrome. I want to create a safe and welcoming environment for Aspies to have a fun time and to socialize. I want to make it more than a meet up, I want to make it a 2nd family, because as people with Asperger’s we generally have a tough time, making and keeping friends, and I want to change that.

I hope, through your support, to put on the best events possible. With the support of the San Diego Autism Society, I hope to make this the best club it can be.

Thank You again, to Kay for inviting me here, and I will be happy to answer any comments, questions, or concerns you might have.

Here is the sponsorship form, with a little help in editing by my great mother

20/30 club sponsorship form

What is 20/30 Club?
20/30 Club is a young adults social club for people with Asperger’s Syndrome.

Why you should sponsor 20/30 Club?
The 20/30 Club will provide a safe, welcoming atmosphere for members to socialize.
The 20/30 Club will provide the opportunity to form lifelong friendships.
The 20/30 Club will nourish and expand current social skills as well as learning new ones.
The 20/30 Club will provide entertaining, fun meet ups.

Proposals A and B:

Proposal A: Financial Support to Pay Meet up Administrative Fees.
For only $72 every 6 months, you can eliminate per event fees to cover administrative costs.

Proposal B: Event Costs
We are requesting financial support to help subsidize 50% of event costs. This will allow more people to participate in more of the events.