PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank - Government Cannot Over Regulate

red states rule
06-24-2010, 06:23 PM
When liberals are in power, there is never enough power for them and the Federal government

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXsD0Hij4_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXsD0Hij4_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Insein
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
That man is the poster child for corruption. Stupid looking face that hides a vicious, evil mind behind it. He personally has more to do with the economic crisis we face in the WHOLE WORLD today than any other human being on this planet and yet he is still in a position to make policy and "fix" the problem.

red states rule
06-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Remember when Dems were warned about their regulations on banks and lending policies?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPSDnGMzIdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LPSDnGMzIdo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweetchuck
06-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Does anyone including liberals even take Frank seriously?

The guy sounds like a fucking retard. Elmer Fudd delivers a better speech.

bullypulpit
06-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Of course the government can over-regulate. But regulation of business activity is necessary, as the market melt-down fueled by unregulated derivatives, and the recent and ongoing disaster in the Gulf has shown us.

What most right wing water heads fail, or refuse, to understand is that <i>laissez-faire</i> capitalism presupposes a rational society...something which has yet to manifest itself anywhere in the world.

Sweetchuck
06-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Of course the government can over-regulate. But regulation of business activity is necessary, as the market melt-down fueled by unregulated derivatives, and the recent and ongoing disaster in the Gulf has shown us.

What most right wing water heads fail, or refuse, to understand is that <i>laissez-faire</i> capitalism presupposes a rational society...something which has yet to manifest itself anywhere in the world.

I don't know who's suggesting completely unregulated capitalism - clearly there needs to be regulation since corporations tend to act like people and will go beyond the threshold of ethical and responsible behavior, but the other end of the spectrum isn't the answer either.

Extremists suck.

Insein
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Laissez-faire capitalism was not the cause for the housing meltdown. Government intervention forcing banks to sell mortgages to people who couldn't afford them crashed the housing market which in turn destablized the rest of it. Barney Frank, the man who said Fannie and Freddie were perfectly fine, is now in charge of regulating the rest of the financial market. Yay! :rolleyes:

red states rule
06-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Dems, led by Barney frank, are going to "fix" the financial industry with their "financial reform bill"

This will do for the banks and the consumers what Obamacare is doing to the healthcare industry and our healthcare insurance plans

This is another massive tax bill on the customers of these banks

revelarts
06-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Barny Frank should have been in jail years ago. He's a living corrupt ROMAN style senator. He's a disgrace to the country. This is just another in the long line of ridiculous left totalitarian ideas he espouses and pushes.

bullypulpit
06-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Laissez-faire capitalism was not the cause for the housing meltdown. Government intervention forcing banks to sell mortgages to people who couldn't afford them crashed the housing market which in turn destablized the rest of it. Barney Frank, the man who said Fannie and Freddie were perfectly fine, is now in charge of regulating the rest of the financial market. Yay! :rolleyes:

Keep drinking the' kool-aid old son. Your wishing it were so will not make it so.

bullypulpit
06-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Dems, led by Barney frank, are going to "fix" the financial industry with their "financial reform bill"

This will do for the banks and the consumers what Obamacare is doing to the healthcare industry and our healthcare insurance plans

This is another massive tax bill on the customers of these banks

The only "fix" for the financial system is to reinstate all of the provisions of the Glass-Steagall Act and regulate derivatives. Neither of which this bill does.

red states rule
06-26-2010, 05:44 AM
The only "fix" for the financial system is to reinstate all of the provisions of the Glass-Steagall Act and regulate derivatives. Neither of which this bill does.

BP, part of me is happy with the liberals financial plan. I work for the worlds largest mortgage servicer and 3 months ago I was promoted to Written Correspondence - Default

Thanks to the "Obama Plan" foreclosures have gone thru the roof and they will go higher.

With Obama now going after the financial world in general, more people will see their incomes drop, if not lose their job. Which means more people will not be able to make their house payment - which means more letters for me to reply to

BTW, I have seen two letters where the customer actually wrote asking why we have started foreclosure proceedings since the customer sent his mortgage statement to the White House for payment

The other part of me sees the destruction libs are inflicting on the nation and the misery they are spreading around. Which is the usual result of liberal policies

If not for liberals wanting to make home owership a RIGHT and not something you have to work for - we would not be in the economic shape we are in

I notice you had no comment on the economic predicitions of Barney Frank - who had major input on this "financial reform bill"

Insein
06-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Keep drinking the' kool-aid old son. Your wishing it were so will not make it so.

That is your response to everything. "Keep drinking the kool aid." When will you wake up and see that this administration and especially this congress are leading us to ruin and people like you are cheering for them every step of the way because their name isn't Bush.

How can you deny the failures of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the assurances by people like Barnie Frank that we needed to keep pushing mortgages that people couldnt afford to pay despite the repeated warnings of an imminent collapse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

DragonStryk72
06-26-2010, 09:24 PM

what "unregulated derivatives"? You keep talking like we've been unregulated somewhere in the last 30 years, and we haven't. You even heard, right there in the OP, a republican calling for MORE regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, with the Dems blocking the regs. So again, what are the 'unregulated derivatives'?

In fact, even amongst Libertarians, banking regulations are considered a necessity, I mean, they're carrying our economy on their backs. No one is advocating total laisse-faire capitalism, but what was pointed out at the top is that there really IS someone sitting there saying the government can't over-regulate.

red states rule
06-28-2010, 04:16 AM
BP, part of me is happy with the liberals financial plan. I work for the worlds largest mortgage servicer and 3 months ago I was promoted to Written Correspondence - Default

Thanks to the "Obama Plan" foreclosures have gone thru the roof and they will go higher.

With Obama now going after the financial world in general, more people will see their incomes drop, if not lose their job. Which means more people will not be able to make their house payment - which means more letters for me to reply to

BTW, I have seen two letters where the customer actually wrote asking why we have started foreclosure proceedings since the customer sent his mortgage statement to the White House for payment

The other part of me sees the destruction libs are inflicting on the nation and the misery they are spreading around. Which is the usual result of liberal policies

If not for liberals wanting to make home owership a RIGHT and not something you have to work for - we would not be in the economic shape we are in

I notice you had no comment on the economic predicitions of Barney Frank - who had major input on this "financial reform bill"

***crickets chirping***

Gaffer
06-28-2010, 07:39 AM
You won't hear from bp other than to call you names and tell you your a right wing shill and only follow your talking points.

red states rule
06-28-2010, 06:24 PM

Looks like BP suddenly bcame "bored" and left another thread :laugh2: