PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater/Xe Commits Treason, Gets Paid Big Bucks for It

-Cp
06-25-2010, 05:05 PM
The LA Times reports that the "contractors" (i.e., mercenaries) paid multi-billions of dollars to fight the war in Afghanistan so that the military can keep its casualty figures down (deaths of "contractors" are not reported), are apparently such a bunch of pussies that, rather than fight the Taliban, they pay them millions of dollars a week to keep the supply lines clear.

Private security contractors protecting the convoys that supply U.S. military bases in Afghanistan are paying millions of dollars a week in “passage bribes” to the Taliban and other insurgent groups to travel along Afghan roads, a congressional investigation released Monday has found.

How is this not treason?

Blackwater and the other "contractors" are providing direct material aid to the enemy during a time of war. That is the definition of treason. It's also fraud and incompetence. Why is the American taxpayer footing such a large bill (said to be in the neighborhood of $2 billion a month) for such negligence? Why is the American taxpayer paying money to the Taliban through Blackwater? The government could just hand the Taliban the money directly and cut out Blackwater, probably saving a billion a month.

http://dumbass.charliehiphop.com/blackwater-xe-treason-paying-taliban

darin
06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
dude - don't drink the koolaide

Kathianne
06-25-2010, 06:00 PM
dude - don't drink the koolaide

He's your brother, so you can say that. :thumb:

DragonStryk72
06-25-2010, 06:24 PM
The LA Times reports that the "contractors" (i.e., mercenaries) paid multi-billions of dollars to fight the war in Afghanistan so that the military can keep its casualty figures down (deaths of "contractors" are not reported), are apparently such a bunch of pussies that, rather than fight the Taliban, they pay them millions of dollars a week to keep the supply lines clear.

Private security contractors protecting the convoys that supply U.S. military bases in Afghanistan are paying millions of dollars a week in “passage bribes” to the Taliban and other insurgent groups to travel along Afghan roads, a congressional investigation released Monday has found.

How is this not treason?

Blackwater and the other "contractors" are providing direct material aid to the enemy during a time of war. That is the definition of treason. It's also fraud and incompetence. Why is the American taxpayer footing such a large bill (said to be in the neighborhood of $2 billion a month) for such negligence? Why is the American taxpayer paying money to the Taliban through Blackwater? The government could just hand the Taliban the money directly and cut out Blackwater, probably saving a billion a month.

http://dumbass.charliehiphop.com/blackwater-xe-treason-paying-taliban

I actually agree here. I mean, how does millions of dollars in cash being handed them not end up improving things for their side? I mean, even if AK-47s are costing them 10k per gun right now, for every million they're handing off, the enemy has 100 brand new guns. Of course, I don't think the guns are that expensive, and you usually don't get much break down on AKs.
I mean, that's money for their food, medical supplies, and other support functions. Not to mention the rather obvious point that they were paid to fight the Taliban, not paid to avoid fighting the Taliban. If there are guys trying to jack them on the highways, aren't they supposed to, I don't know, maybe fire a bullet or two in their direction?

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Oh no, not BLACKWATER again....

EEEYYYYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!