View Full Version : The Truth about Msg and Aspartame

actsnoblemartin
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
http://www.aspartamekills.com/

www.msgtruth.com

www.truthinlabeling.org

Luna Tick
06-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I HATE all artificial sweeteners. They taste fake and leave a bitter aftertaste. And they're horrible for your health.

DragonStryk72
06-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I don't trust any food that's spent more time in a lab than a kitchen.

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't consume a lot of MSG (knowingly), but my wife has a recipe for cole slaw that her grandmother used to make and it's one of the few slaws that I really like. There's a lot of MSG in it and it has that odd MSG taste to it, but it's really fantastic. We don't make it often so I guess a little MSG slaw every now and then isn't a bad thing.

Now artificial sweeteners - I like diet soda. Not because I'm dieting but I don't like the heavy sugary taste in regular sodas. Diet sodas are crisper, cleaner and taste better IMO. I drink a LOT of diet soda.

Yeah, I know - I should be drinking water, but it's the fizz, man. Gotta have the fizz.

DragonStryk72
06-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't consume a lot of MSG (knowingly), but my wife has a recipe for cole slaw that her grandmother used to make and it's one of the few slaws that I really like. There's a lot of MSG in it and it has that odd MSG taste to it, but it's really fantastic. We don't make it often so I guess a little MSG slaw every now and then isn't a bad thing.

Now artificial sweeteners - I like diet soda. Not because I'm dieting but I don't like the heavy sugary taste in regular sodas. Diet sodas are crisper, cleaner and taste better IMO. I drink a LOT of diet soda.

Yeah, I know - I should be drinking water, but it's the fizz, man. Gotta have the fizz.

I know how you feel, I'm a caffeine person myself. I love soda, and while I have a sweet tooth a mile wide, that fizziness in soda is a big plus for me as well.

You might actually look at things such as Coke Zero, which lacks the artificial sweetner aspect of diet soda.

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I know how you feel, I'm a caffeine person myself. I love soda, and while I have a sweet tooth a mile wide, that fizziness in soda is a big plus for me as well.

You might actually look at things such as Coke Zero, which lacks the artificial sweetner aspect of diet soda.

I don't care for the diet Cokes - they have a sort of malted texture to them which makes them hard to drink.

I've been getting acid reflux in my... ahem, advancing years and I've been leaning toward non-carbonated soft drinks lately. I might have to bite the bullet and start drinking more water. I'm a night-time drinker, I need to have a bottle of some soft drink on my nightstand, maybe I'll start working water into that mix.

DragonStryk72
06-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't care for the diet Cokes - they have a sort of malted texture to them which makes them hard to drink.

I've been getting acid reflux in my... ahem, advancing years and I've been leaning toward non-carbonated soft drinks lately. I might have to bite the bullet and start drinking more water. I'm a night-time drinker, I need to have a bottle of some soft drink on my nightstand, maybe I'll start working water into that mix.

Try out some vitamin water, or Sobe Life Water, both are a good crossover. Aside from that, root beer has lower acidity than most other sodas.

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Try out some vitamin water, or Sobe Life Water, both are a good crossover. Aside from that, root beer has lower acidity than most other sodas.

Yeah, I was on a Sobe kick a couple years ago. Might go back to it.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2010, 08:46 AM

Have you tried seltzer or sparkling water? I'm a big fan of both. They both have fizz, and no bad stuff.
Seltzer being much cheaper.

Sweetchuck
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Have you tried seltzer or sparkling water? I'm a big fan of both. They both have fizz, and no bad stuff.
Seltzer being much cheaper.

I have, but seltzer has kind of an odd taste, or texture maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

pete311
07-28-2010, 02:08 AM
http://www.aspartamekills.com/

www.msgtruth.com

www.truthinlabeling.org

this is how people become dumber. posting three biased websites that look like they were made in the 90s by some 8 year old in his parents basement. how about you post some actual research studies from credible institutions.