PDA

View Full Version : Obama's race-rant Rev. rages on

red states rule
06-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Who would pay money to here this racist idiot?

CHICAGO -- He's been keeping such a low profile since nearly derailing Barack Obama's campaign for president in 2008 -- is it possible that the controversial Rev. Jeremiah Wright has mellowed?

Hardly.

During a five-day seminar Wright taught last week in Chicago, he was back at it, claiming that whites and Jews are controlling the flow of worldwide information and oppressing blacks in Israel and America.

"White folk done took this country," Wright said. "You're in their home, and they're gonna let you know it."

The course, advertised as focusing on politics and public policy in South Africa and America, was taught in a small, ground-floor room at the Chicago Theological Seminary, where Wright's voice echoed out an open window. The class was composed of about 15 to 20 students, mainly older African-American women who would arrive early and giddily linger during lunch breaks and after class, looking for the reverend's attention. (The course cost a little over $1,000 if taken for college credit and $300 if taken without.)

The absence of young people was telling: The lectures seemed ossified, relics of a pre-civil-rights America -- a point that Obama himself made during his famous speech on race in March 2008, prompted by the incendiary comments ("God damn America!") made by his former pastor and mentor.

"Not once in my conversations with him have I heard him talk about any ethnic group in derogatory terms, or treat whites with whom he interacted with anything but courtesy and respect," Obama said.

Yet during this course -- which was described as asking, "What is the response and public witness of persons of faith to ongoing developments in both countries?" -- Wright made many statements about what he believes are the true aims of whites and Jews.

"You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk," he said. "And if you do not realize that, you are in serious trouble."

He cited the writings of Bill Jones -- author of the book "Is God a White Racist?" -- as proof that white people cannot be trusted. "Bill said, 'They just killed four of their own at Kent State. They'll step on you like a cockroach and keep on movin', cause you not a brother to them.' "

Wright referred to Italians as "Mamma Luigi" and "pizzeria." He said the educational system in America is designed by whites to miseducate blacks "not by benign neglect but by malignant intent."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/white_folk_done_took_this_country_hWlQbwxvMbnYdkYw VZwSWJ

HogTrash
06-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Recently at a Black Seminar...

Rev. Wright: Civil Rights Movement About 'Becoming White'

Published June 28, 2010
| FOXNews.com

Rev. Jeremiah Wright unleashed a slew of racially charged proclamations at a seminar in Chicago last week, reportedly comparing the United States with apartheid South Africa and claiming the civil rights movement was about "becoming white."

The comments were reported by the New York Post, which provided details about a five-day class President Obama's former pastor taught at the Chicago Theological Seminary.

In the seminar, Wright reportedly told those in the class they will never "be a brother to white folk," describing racial divisions in the country as entrenched -- as he did as pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ.

The civil rights movement "was always about becoming white," Wright said at the seminar.

At another point, he said: "White folk done took this country. You're in their home and they're going to let you know it."

According to the New York Post, Wright also alleged that the American education system is built to poorly educate black students "by malignant intent" and criticized civil rights leader Martin Luther King for advocating nonviolence.

"We probably have more African-Americans who've been brainwashed than we have South Africans who've been brainwashed," he said.

Obama left Wright's church during the 2008 presidential campaign, after his fiery sermons shook up the Democratic primary race and compelled Obama to distance himself from the pastor.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/28/rev-wright-civil-rights-movement-white/

The Trinity United Church of Christ is the largest most prominent "black" church in Chicago.

Barack Obama and his family regularly attended services there for 20 years, and proclaims the Reverend of this church, Jeremiah Wright, as his mentor and spiritual leader.

This was the church of Barack Hussein Obama, who is so mainstream that he was not only elected as an Illinois State Senator, but also to the Presidency Of The United States.

This church's beliefs and opinions represents the black mainstream mentality in America...If it diid not, Jerimiah Wright would not have been the pastor for 36 years.[1972-2008]

Black mainstream mentality means that 96% of black Americans agree with Rev Wrights recent statements:

Blacks will never "be a brother to white folk" describing racial divisions in the country as entrenched.

The civil rights movement "was always about becoming white"

"White folk done took this country. You're in their home
and they're going to let you know it."

"Whites and Jews are controlling the flow of worldwide information and oppressing blacks in Israel and America."

"You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk," he said. "And if you do not realize that, you are in serious trouble."

He cited the writings of Bill Jones -- author of the book "Is God a White Racist?" -- as proof that white people cannot be trusted. "Bill said, 'They just killed four of their own at Kent State. They'll step on you like a cockroach and keep on movin', cause you not a brother to them.' "

"We probably have more African-Americans who've been brainwashed than we have South Africans who've been brainwashed,"

In March, Wright told The Washington Post that he expects to speak to Obama again, when "he is out of the White House." Last June, he told a Virginia newspaper that the only reason he and the president were not speaking at the moment is that "them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me."

Don't kid yourself, this is the black mainstream mentality in America.

^

darin
06-30-2010, 05:19 AM
I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwhUR5RnMYI)

Kathianne
06-30-2010, 05:56 AM
I agree with HT's perspective on Wright and what he implies about Obama. I do think that Obama's chose Trinity because of the audience that was at the church. Wright embodies the elitist, radical black thinking in Chicago.

It is in Beverly, a predominately Black area of Chicago. Black, but wealthy in the main. While there are now more than two wealthy, black enclaves in Chicago, the oldest are Beverly and Pill Hill. Both have been 'home' to black doctors, lawyers, and professors from before the 1920's.

Trinity United is an influential church in the Beverly area, though 'most influential' would certainly be hyperbole. Most influential black church in Chicago? Hardly.

There certainly is plenty that Wright gives to make political hay out of, to tie his rantings to 'Chicago Blacks' in general? Way off base. United Church of Christ is but a blip on the screen for Chicago Blacks, most that are Christian tend towards Black Baptist churches, not the elitism of UCC.

HogTrash
06-30-2010, 07:52 AM
I agree with HT's perspective on Wright and what he implies about Obama. I do think that Obama's chose Trinity because of the audience that was at the church. Wright embodies the elitist, radical black thinking in Chicago.

It is in Beverly, a predominately Black area of Chicago. Black, but wealthy in the main. While there are now more than two wealthy, black enclaves in Chicago, the oldest are Beverly and Pill Hill. Both have been 'home' to black doctors, lawyers, and professors from before the 1920's.

Trinity United is an influential church in the Beverly area, though 'most influential' would certainly be hyperbole. Most influential black church in Chicago? Hardly.

There certainly is plenty that Wright gives to make political hay out of, to tie his rantings to 'Chicago Blacks' in general? Way off base. United Church of Christ is but a blip on the screen for Chicago Blacks, most that are Christian tend towards Black Baptist churches, not the elitism of UCC.The Trinity Church and Rev Wright may have "embodied the elitist, radical black thinking in Chicago," but to be politically successful, Obama had to gain the support of the average black working class/ghetto voters.

One reason Obama attended the Trinity United church was to rally political support from the black community, not just the wealthy/middle class that attended the church, but Chicago's black community as a whole.

He seemed to believe that this church gave him the best platform for exposure to suit his political ambitions...The church not only provided financial support, but ballot support from the black community as well.

Obama chose what he was told the most influencial church in Chicago to suit his political ambitions...I don't see how in the world you can rationally deny the powerful enfluence of this church.

Regardless of what denomination of christianity a black church may be, they all for the most part believe the same things that were preached and taught in the church of Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

Don't you think it's a bit odd that you believe the wealthy/middle class blacks are more radical and racist in their beliefs, than the ones who are struggling to survive in a "white mans world"?

Kathianne
06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
The Trinity Church and Rev Wright may have "embodied the elitist, radical black thinking in Chicago," but to be politically successful, Obama had to gain the support of the average black working class/ghetto voters.

One reason Obama attended the Trinity United church was to rally political support from the black community, not just the wealthy/middle class that attended the church, but Chicago's black community as a whole.

He seemed to believe that this church gave him the best platform for exposure to suit his political ambitions...The church not only provided financial support, but ballot support from the black community as well.

Obama chose what he was told the most influencial church in Chicago to suite his political ambitions...I don't see how in the world you can rationally deny the powerful enfluence of this church.

Regardless of what denomination of christianity a black church may be, they all for the most part believe the same things that were preached and taught in the church of Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

Don't you think it's a bit odd that you believe the wealthy/middle class blacks are more radical and racist in their beliefs, than the ones who are struggling to survive in a "white mans world"?

I doubt that you can understand Chicago politics, much less the black community in Chicago. That's not an insult, it's just that much of an anomaly to the social/political structure of the country.

One, there is no 'black community' per se. In this most segregated of cities, blacks have always faced both great discrimination and great opportunities. As stated in earlier post, both Beverly and Pill Hill have long histories of very successful blacks, both are elitist, both have been influential in bridging blacks and the political machine. All significant black leaders in Chicago have ties to one of these communities.

Obama lived in Hyde Park, a long time diverse community. Remember, Bill Ayers, (a really white guy), was a neighbor. Hyde Park has a long history of electing black representatives, however it is an intellectual haven, (University of Chicago is the dominant force), not a political one. Not being a native to Chicago, he found that all his community activism wouldn't get him elected without influence in Beverly or Pill Hill, he also needed to be 'religious' to gain black votes en mass. Thus he joined Trinity-in Beverly.

As for this,
...Don't you think it's a bit odd that you believe the wealthy/middle class blacks are more radical and racist in their beliefs, than the ones who are struggling to survive in a [I]"white mans world"

No, like most struggling whites, hispanics, whatever, these folks do not really pay attention to politics. Dopers don't pay attention to anything, but getting their next fix, (just putting that one away.)

Now if you are asking me did huge numbers of the poor/lower middle class blacks turn out and vote for Obama as President, the answer would be yes. Just as we spoke about eons ago, that poor/lower middle class Catholics turned out to vote for JFK, people who hadn't voted before or after.

HogTrash
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I have family and friends in Chicago and have spent quite a bit of time there, mostly during the 90's.

Even though I've eaten some damn good pizza in Brooklyn, I'll take Chicago style over New York any day. ;)

Kathianne
06-30-2010, 09:32 AM
I have family and friends in Chicago and have spent quite a bit of time there, mostly during the 90's.

Even though I've eaten some damn good pizza in Brooklyn, I'll take Chicago style over New York any day. ;)

and some of my relatives are racists, they live down South. Still doesn't make for understanding. The Gumbo is great though!

namvet
06-30-2010, 09:47 AM
http://cdn.videos.wordpress.com/lA1A4Bu4/newsalert-white-folks-will-riot-pastor-manning_std.original.jpg

love to get my hands on that N*****s throat

Insein
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
One thing I agree with Rev Wright about but probably for different reasons.

He said the educational system in America is designed by whites to miseducate blacks "not by benign neglect but by malignant intent."

I agree 100%.

Kathianne
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
One thing I agree with Rev Wright about but probably for different reasons.

I agree 100%.

I think that was true about LBJ when integrating schools. He encouraged the new schools to have all black teachers, which overwhelmingly meant new teachers. Teachers inexperienced in behavior management and without mentors.

Today I think it's just unions and school boards being idiots.

revelarts
06-30-2010, 11:17 AM
the education system has been used to control everyone.
it's a hard pill to swallow but it really seems to be true.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8cr0p9HaG8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C8cr0p9HaG8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_mD8GKn4ls&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_mD8GKn4ls&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Feeling a little like Alice going done the rabbit hole?

revelarts
06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Charlotte Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration, where she first blew the whistle on a major technology initiative which would control curriculum in America's classrooms.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDyDtYy2I0M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDyDtYy2I0M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Binky
06-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Well, I've said all along that teachers and board members have their agendas to spiel such garbage to our young. God only knows what all is being touted today.....

gabosaurus
06-30-2010, 02:01 PM
When was the last time Obama attended or contributed to Wright's church?

Sweetchuck
06-30-2010, 04:20 PM

He stopped when it became an issue that might damage his POTUS campaign.

The substantive question is - how many times has he attended services performed by this racist idiot?

red states rule
06-30-2010, 07:25 PM

The point is he attended Wrights "church" for 20 years, and listened to his racist rants from the pulpit

It ia amazing how liberals who claim to want to wipe out racism wherever they find it, will overlook Wrights hate for whites and Jews because he is fellow liberal