PDA

View Full Version : Liberals worried about Kagan's record

gabosaurus
06-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Some liberal groups are worried about Kagan's lack of a voting record on certain issues as the Supreme Court confirmation hearings open.

http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/06/kagan_special_report_a_viewers.html

Insein
06-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Makes sense. We know NOTHING about which way she will swing. I don't think you have someone like that become a Supreme Court justice.

hjmick
06-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Kagan is easily as qualified for the job as Harriet Meyers was.

Well, Meyers was actually more qualified...

Here's to hoping that Kagan receives the same consideration they gave Meyers.

PostmodernProphet
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I think conservatives are wasting their time on this.....she is certainly no more openly liberal than Alito was openly conservative....we have a liberal president, we're going to get a liberal SC nominee.....Shucks, he could have nominated one of the 9th circuit judges and gotten approval....we should be grateful for his restraint....

gabosaurus
06-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I think conservatives are wasting their time on this.....she is certainly no more openly liberal than Alito was openly conservative....we have a liberal president, we're going to get a liberal SC nominee.....Shucks, he could have nominated one of the 9th circuit judges and gotten approval....we should be grateful for his restraint....

Of course, no one sees this but you.
Bush appointed conservative justices, which were opposed by liberals and Dems.
Obama will appoint liberal justices. Why are ConReps up in arms. They should be fortunate that Kagan is fairly moderate.

PostmodernProphet
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Why are ConReps up in arms. They should be fortunate that Kagan is fairly moderate.
first of all, they're up in arms because they're still disappointed we have a jackass for a president.....secondly, it's ridiculous to pretend Kagan is a moderate.....we have a liberal president who nominated a liberal justice.....there's nothing even remotely moderate about either of them.....

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 03:21 AM
I think she swings both ways. I hear she smokes cigars, plays poker, drinks beer and can out fart anybody at the table!!!!!!!!

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues