PDA

View Full Version : Art Teacher Draws Satanic Picture of Pres. Bush

stephanie
04-28-2007, 02:52 PM
(04/27/07 -- FAYETTEVILLE) - A Harnett County mother wants an elementary school art teacher fired. She says the teacher drew a satanic picture of President Bush on a classroom chalkboard as part of an art project. The teacher called it a joke, but the mother doesn't think it's funny.

Sara Fox, 11, drew a picture based on the one she said her art teacher drew on the classroom chalkboard.

"He cut out the face of George Bush and drew the body and then drew a tail and horns and flames around the body," said Sara.

She said in the background there was a picture of the devil with the caption "well done my son."

The child's mother, Kimmie Fox, said when she heard about the picture, she was livid.

"What angers me the most is the lack of judgment this educator used," said Kimmie.

The incident happened at the South Harnett Elementary School. Kimmie said the art instructor T.J. Hill was teaching the students how to make a collage.

Sara said after Hill drew the picture, he told the students not to tell. "All the kids said it would be bad if Mrs. McNeil walked in, and he said, 'I think Mrs. McNeil would enjoy this type of picture.'"

Eyewitness News was unable to interview Principal Nina McNeil.

Kimmie said many of her daughter's friends and classmates have military parents.

"It was not appropriate on a political level," she said. "It was not appropriate on a religious level. It was totally inappropriate and then to tell the children don't tell anyone I drew this picture completely obliterates the trust I have as a parent in him."

Eyewitness News talked with Harnett County School Superintendent Dan Honeycutt by phone earlier Friday. He said he was aware of the incident, and he said from what he knows, he feels the art teacher's actions were inappropriate.

He also said he would investigate the issue further on Monday.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=5253049

Hagbard Celine
04-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Get a sense of humor lady. Geez.

Mr. P
04-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Humor? Here's humor, FIRE THE MORON!

04-28-2007, 04:30 PM
was that drawing supposed to be the picture she drew? If so the teacher should be fired.. cause fact is she cant draw.