PDA

View Full Version : Family Vacation!

krisy
06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm happy to say that we are taking our first family vacation ever! It's only 3 nights and 4 days down in Kentucky,but I can't wait!

We were trying to scrape the money together to go and my mom decided to pay for a couple nights for us because I'm taking care of her cat that she can't board at our kennel because it has feline aids. The dogs will go to the kennel where I work. It's not much work or anything,but I have to go over three times a day because the cat has to eat a certain way and so many times and she said she appreciated it a lot.

Anyway,my kids are 9 and 15 and I'm so glad we are able to go. I haven't had a week off work in 6 years!

gabosaurus
06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Anyway,my kids are 9 and 15 and I'm so glad we are able to go. I haven't had a week off work in 6 years!

That's almost criminal! Vacations are very important to your mental health and to family relationships. You see a lot of relationships dissolve when partners don't take the time to relax with themselves and their families.

We could easily fly from Los Angeles to Dallas. My husband and I decided to drive because we want to show our daughter how beautiful this country is. So we are taking a couple of weeks to do that at the end of July.

Have fun on your vacation! NO CELL PHONES! Or at least block your work number. :p

krisy
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
That's almost criminal! Vacations are very important to your mental health and to family relationships. You see a lot of relationships dissolve when partners don't take the time to relax with themselves and their families.

We could easily fly from Los Angeles to Dallas. My husband and I decided to drive because we want to show our daughter how beautiful this country is. So we are taking a couple of weeks to do that at the end of July.

Have fun on your vacation! NO CELL PHONES! Or at least block your work number. :p

Thank you gabs! You're right,time off is very important. Paychecks are starting to look better again so I was determined we would go somewhere. We may be going to Gatlinburg next spring too. My goal for a big vacation is Florida. We went several years ago when my dad and stepmom were married and loved it. I think the same as you,in that I want my kids to see somewhere besides Cincinnati,Ohio!

The only thing I'm nervous about is boarding my dogs....the ironic thing is,they will be where I work!!! I know my buds at work will take good care,I'm just afraid they will get bloat or something. They will be the only thing I worry about at home!!!

darin
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Central? Mammoth Cave area is beautiful!

gabosaurus
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Have you been to Mammoth Cave? I would love to take my daughter there. I heard it was beautiful.

krisy
06-29-2010, 09:39 PM

We are going to General Butler State Park. A friend from work said it was nice and mom said my grandparents used to go there and loved it. I have been to mammoth cave when I was little and it was a lot of fun. Kentucky is a beautiful state.

I was reading comments from people that had been to General Butler and one lady said she frequently traveled to state parks. I think that would be a lot of fun to travel all over and do that.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Have fun, Krisy! :salute: