PDA

View Full Version : Why Obamcare Is Getting More Unpopular

red states rule
06-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Pelosi was right, Obamacare did have to be passed so we could find out what ws in it

And the more we find out what is in it, the more we do not like it. Even liberals who fell for the sales pitch the Dems giving them

Democrats, according to Nancy Pelosi, had to pass health care reform in order for us to find out what's in it. So they passed Obamacare; people are now finding what's in it.

Now, one of the Democrats' original big selling points was their claim that uninsured "children" up to age 26 would immediately be put on their parents' insurance plans, and life would be beautiful.

In reality, it's not working as planned. While insurance companies were strong-armed into promising to comply immediately, nobody talked to the employers: they're the ones who actually decide what kind of health plans are offered to their employees. And most companies will not comply any earlier than they're required to -- as late as next May. In fact, a recent survey of businesses found that 76 percent say they're "not very likely" or "not at all likely" to comply with Obamacare early.

Young people who assumed Obama would wave his magic wand and they'd be covered at no cost, might be surprised to learn that their parents' employers are not so generous. Or stupid. In fact, companies are already trying to figure out how they're going to pass along the added costs to those who are responsible for the costs -- namely you, the employees.

Oh. And military families are discovering that they were left out of the plan altogether... by accident or by design.

So as time goes by, you will find out more of what's in it, and I can promise, you will not like it. (And yes, I'm saying that with a smile.)

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_062810/content/01125101.member.html

Kathianne
06-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Last Sunday was my grandnephew's Christening. It was lovely. All my kids and my brother's kids were there, along with spouses and partners where applicable. Between the two of us, that made 11 'kids' under 30, but over 20. 9 of them had been pro-Obama for the election and all of them voted.

As of Sunday, only 1 still supported him-all were unhappy with the direction of the country and they blame him and the Congress in particular. Not one said, 'but he inherited...'

red states rule
06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Last Sunday was my grandnephew's Christening. It was lovely. All my kids and my brother's kids were there, along with spouses and partners where applicable. Between the two of us, that made 11 'kids' under 30, but over 20. 9 of them had been pro-Obama for the election and all of them voted.

As of Sunday, only 1 still supported him-all were unhappy with the direction of the country and they blame him and the Congress in particular. Not one said, 'but he inherited...'

At work, the liberals have become more and more silent. I no longer here how Obama will restore America's economic power and make things more fair for the working class

For the most part, they no longer want to discuss politics, and cringe when I talk about the poll numbers for the November elections

The hope and change express has derailed off the tracks, and is the cleaning up process of the train wreck in the cleanup stage

cat slave
06-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Just wait till OsamaCare kicks in.....just wait!

red states rule
07-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Just wait till OsamaCare kicks in.....just wait!

Just wait until liberals at their places of employment open the letter from HR and read how their employer is dumping their employee health care plan and then the liberal is thrown into the Obamacare plan they said was such a great health insurance plan

Those liberals will be pissing their pants

"But it was great for the poor, the illegals, the unwashed masses - but NOT ME" they will be screaming

Insein
07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
We still need to make sure we have candidates that WILL repeal this thing. We can't just vote R because its not D. We need people who will vote conservative and repeal this god awful mess.

Kathianne
07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
We still need to make sure we have candidates that WILL repeal this thing. We can't just vote R because its not D. We need people who will vote conservative and repeal this god awful mess.

Are you able to name one entitlement program that has ever been repealed? I can't.

DragonStryk72
07-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Are you able to name one entitlement program that has ever been repealed? I can't.

Some of that is that we haven't had the right people in office to do it. I mean, even when Bush had the majority share of the Congress with him, he was such a big spender himself that he eclipsed every other president that came before him. It does seem, though, like Obama's trying to one-up him.

red states rule
07-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Some of that is that we haven't had the right people in office to do it. I mean, even when Bush had the majority share of the Congress with him, he was such a big spender himself that he eclipsed every other president that came before him. It does seem, though, like Obama's trying to one-up him.

Seems to be trying to one-up Bush?

Obama has taken the annual deficit from $500 billion to about $1.6 TRILLION

Obama makes Bush look like Mr Scrooge