PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic Car Decorations

5stringJeff
01-18-2007, 11:46 AM
In the same vein as the "commercials you love to hate" thread... there are two things on cars that make me think the owner is a complete and total idiot.

First are those "In loving memory of..." stickers. If I die, please don't eulogize me on the back window of your car, which you're just going to sell in a few years anyway.

Second are people who buy plastic testicles for their trucks/SUVs. People who do that must not have a sack of their own, or else they wouldn't have to buy a pair.

darin
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Off the top of my head.....Things which bother me on OTHER people's cars/things I'd never do to MY car(s):

Large Rear-Wings.

ANYTHING somebody puts on an Automatic Transmission Honda Accord or Civic to fool us into thinking the car is fast.

Stickers. Sticker for car-parts makers who are not paying the car-owner for his endorsements.

Brush Guards. Chrome and Plastic type. On a truck w/ factory wheels and tires, especially.

Bumper-stickers of any kind. (Present company excluded, Jeff). :)

"Powered By _____" stickers. Ya know, if your car IS a toyota, I'm pretty sure nobody CARES that it remains "Powered by Toyota!". Now, if your car is a FORD with a MAZDA engine, I'd make an allowance for "Powered by Mazda".

Mirror-Tint.

Body kits which are not painted/finished. Yes, I know you saved long and hard to earn the money for your car's Body Kit. But do us ALL a favor and resist installing until you can afford to have it painted, too.

Jesus Fish.

Darwin Legged-Fish.

KitchenKitten99
01-18-2007, 12:46 PM
oh, man, I think my list is endless...

Not so much a decoration, as an annoyance: Fart-can exhaust. mufflers that make your car sound sick, like it has a manifold problem isn't cool! It's just loud, obnoxious, and pointless. 4cyl cars aren't fast, and aren't meant to be. I had a truck that had a crack in the manifold, and sounded like those cars that are made to intentionally sound like that.

paint jobs that look like House of Kolor paint factory exploded nearby

the single wiper conversion

the chicken wire in the gaps of your body kit

engine parts that the makers of those parts want you to think actually do something when they're just there for looks

giant honda logo (the big H) in your rear window. when I see that, I don't think Honda, I think Homo...

any and all neon lights

"celebrate diversity" stickers, those rainbow stripes and other shapes that gay people put on their cars...

spinner rims on minivans, or any vehicle for that matter

trucks lowered to car level

and, i am embarrassed that this woman is local (for me anyway):

darin
01-18-2007, 12:52 PM
4cyl cars aren't fast, and aren't meant to be.

I beg to differ. 4cyl cars can be VERY VERY fast. At least Pretty-damn-quick.

See: Honda S2000, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Mistubishi Lancer EVO, and others.

KitchenKitten99
01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I beg to differ. 4cyl cars can be VERY VERY fast. At least Pretty-damn-quick.

See: Honda S2000, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Mistubishi Lancer EVO, and others.

what, 0-60 in 3.5 years? :laugh:

darin
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
what, 0-60 in 3.5 years? :laugh:

Actually,

Car: time in seconds to 60mph from standing start.

S2000 (2.2L Inline 4): 5.4
Lotus Exige (1.8L Inline 4): 4.1
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (2.5L Flat 4): 4.9
Mistubishi Lancer EVO (2.0L Inline 4): 4.8

Compare those with:

Mustang GT (4.6L V8): 5.3
Corvette (6.0L V8): 4.5

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Things on cars that make me think the owner is an idiot.

1. Any Bumper sticker
2. Anything spelled out on the rear window except college stuff
3. Any window decal (except college stuff)
4. Beads hanging from the rearview mirror
5. Dealer stickers on the trunk or bumper
6. $2000 tires
7. $1000 wheels
8. Some paint jobs, you know, flames an stuff

Exceptions to the above:
1. The yellow ribbon or Support our Troops stickers

That is all. :)

darin
01-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Are those amounts for all four tires and wheels?

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Are those amounts for all four tires and wheels?

No, just tires wheels separate. I was buying tires one day and just looking around while waiting. I saw these real thin tires, just curious I asked who bought them as they didn't look very functional. The sales person didn't really say who bought them but did say they are $500 per tire and wear out in 20,000 miles.

Gotta be pretty much an idiot to put those on a car, no matter how cool. IMO

The ClayTaurus
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Actually,

Car: time in seconds to 60mph from standing start.

S2000 (2.2L Inline 4): 5.4
Lotus Exige (1.8L Inline 4): 4.1
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (2.5L Flat 4): 4.9
Mistubishi Lancer EVO (2.0L Inline 4): 4.8

Compare those with:

Mustang GT (4.6L V8): 5.3
Corvette (6.0L V8): 4.5The new Saturn Sky Red Line is 5.5, I believe, as well.

The ClayTaurus
01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
No, just tires wheels separate. I was buying tires one day and just looking around while waiting. I saw these real thin tires, just curious I asked who bought them as they didn't look very functional. The sales person didn't really say who bought them but did say they are $500 per tire and wear out in 20,000 miles.

Gotta be pretty much an idiot to put those on a car, no matter how cool. IMOUnless you want them for the performance...

darin
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Unless you want them for the performance...

Righto - or own a corvette. :(

My tires - which I think are the best-performing tire of my car's wheel-size, were only $150 each though. I'll feel VERY lucky if I get 20K miles out of them.

:)
http://www.stopandgotires.com/models/Azenis-RT-615.jpg

The rims I want are something like $1500 EACH - those Magneseum Mazdaspeed wheels. :)

The ClayTaurus
01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Things I hate:

Religious bumper stickers
Bumper stickers in general on "nice" cars like Lexii and Audis and Beamers
Giant wings, particularly unpainted aluminum ones
Unpainted body kit components
Curb detectors (learn how to park your car)
Most graphics
Dirty front rims, particularly on "nice" cars
Stock tires on the new mustang
Dealer license plate holders or stickers/decals/badges on the trunk

Things I love:

Spinners on minivans. Especially the really cheap walmart ones that don't all spin at the same speed. Amazing.
I also like the Darwin fish eating the Jesus fish (because it's funny) and the Jesus fish eating the Darwin fish (because it's ironic)
In general, a modified car who's owner maximizes the effectiveness of "less is more"

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Unless you want them for the performance...

Performance is different than flash..these tires were plane flash the cool look..I've seen em around. I sure wouldn't call them perfomance tires.

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Righto - or own a corvette. :(

My tires - which I think are the best-performing tire of my car's wheel-size, were only $150 each though. I'll feel VERY lucky if I get 20K miles out of them.

:)
http://www.stopandgotires.com/models/Azenis-RT-615.jpg

The rims I want are something like $1500 EACH - those Magneseum Mazdaspeed wheels. :)

LOL I'll put you my list for the wheels/rims if you ever buy them.

dan
01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I like truck nuts. They make me laugh, especially when they're on very lame cars.

Some bumper stickers are funny. However, all the college crap gets old. I don't give a damn about any of it.

This is probably not an issue most of you other than Mr. P have to face, but can people stop putting GIT-R-DUN! across their windshield? It was fairly annoying the first time I heard it three years ago, now it's just sad.

Plus, all those fast and furious type cars look ridiculous. Great, your car goes fast. You're still a douchebag driving a Civic.

KitchenKitten99
01-18-2007, 02:56 PM
2. Anything spelled out on the rear window except college stuff
3. Any window decal (except college stuff)

I guess I'm an idiot then...

:dunno:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/P1180039.jpg

darin
01-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Don't take any of this personal, Kitten. :)

The ClayTaurus
01-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't take any of this personal, Kitten. :)Oh boo. Taking things personally results in so much more fireworks!

jackass
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Anyone who quotes books or movies on the rear window!!

Just kidding Fuzzy!!

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 03:41 PM

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/P1180039.jpg

Yeah think? :D

KarlMarx
01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I have a long list... but the ones that I hate the worst are the rainbow stickers that gay people put on their cars....

because....

1. I don't care that you're gay
2. I don't want to know that you're gay
3. If you have a compulsion to tell everyone in the world you're gay, I think you have a problem. If you want people to "stay out of the bedroom" when it comes to issues of your sexual orientation then don't make it everyone's business by parading it in front of everyone's nose.
4. Some people have little kids who aren't ready to understand issues of homosexuality and putting that sort of thing on your bumper sticker is well, pretty self centered and classless.

jillian
01-18-2007, 03:58 PM
I hate the ones that say "my child is an honor student at..... " cause I don't understand people who have to live that vicarioiusly through their children.

dirt mcgirt
01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
This is pretty gay...

http://home.woh.rr.com/drimages/2003/ghetto-bus.jpg

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
I hate the ones that say "my child is an honor student at..... " cause I don't understand people who have to live that vicarioiusly through their children.

Not only that, but what the hell is an 'honor' student these days, straight C's?:D

darin
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Not only that, but what the hell is an 'honor' student these days, straight C's?:D

C'mon now...you wouldn't want to HURT THE PRECIOUS FEEWINGS of a kid who is to lazy to earn A's, would you? Make them ALL Honor Students! :)

:vomit:

:D

jackass
01-18-2007, 04:26 PM

I disagree with this one. My daughter came home and had that sticker and wanted me to put it on my car. What am I supposed to say? No? She was so excited to get it I had to put it on.
By the way..she got all A's and B's.

I must say though...I love those "My child beat up your honor student stickers"

Mr. P
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I disagree with this one. My daughter came home and had that sticker and wanted me to put it on my car. What am I supposed to say? No? She was so excited to get it I had to put it on.

Me too, those damn rednecks! They say the funniest things sometimes. :laugh:

jillian
01-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Ah.... hadn't thought of it that way. Fair enough. I don't put any bumper stickers on my car, but I can definitely see where you'd want to please your daughter. And good for her getting good grades!!

lol... yeah the "my child beat up...... " ones are funny. :p