PDA

View Full Version : we are in trouble....

Silver
06-29-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSoWGlyugTo

Kagan Declines To Say Gov't Has No Power to Tell Americans What To Eat

And liberal dumb-ass Democrats have the freakin' balls to think this clown is fit for the Supreme Court of the United States...

God fuckin' help us....

krisy
06-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Good luck to the jackasses that would try to enforce that law,if it were real.:laugh2:

Seriously,I don't think most people in their wildest dreams ever thought that the American people would be taxed(punished) for eating junk food,that McDonalds would be made out to be a criminal for giving children toys,and that a Supreme Court nominee would stumble over a question about the freedom to stuff you face with whatever the heck you want to.

I can't believe they are actually going after what we eat. This, to me is one of the worst most personal intrusions possible.

Gaffer
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
She's not exactly a model of nourishment. She must have put away a lot of fast food in her day.

CSM
06-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Hmmm...first it was booze (remember Prohibition) then smoking and now fast food. Wont be long before they institute mandatory sleep hours and on what kind of mattress!

07-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Government tells us what we can put in our body all the time. Why would would stop them from doing this when we haven't stopped them before?

Binky
07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Hmmm...first it was booze (remember Prohibition) then smoking and now fast food. Wont be long before they institute mandatory sleep hours and on what kind of mattress!

Or they will make it mandatory for each household to put in an operating camera where they can watch to see how many times we have sex and then tax us accordingly.....:eek:

Binky
07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Good luck to the jackasses that would try to enforce that law,if it were real.:laugh2:

Seriously,I don't think most people in their wildest dreams ever thought that the American people would be taxed(punished) for eating junk food,that McDonalds would be made out to be a criminal for giving children toys,and that a Supreme Court nominee would stumble over a question about the freedom to stuff you face with whatever the heck you want to.

I can't believe they are actually going after what we eat. This, to me is one of the worst most personal intrusions possible.

They prob'ly will go after it if they aren't already because they think most Americans are too damn fat. And the excuse they use is that there is far too much medical expense with fat people. You know, diabetes, heart desease etc....in millions of cases they are related to being obese. And along many other deseases as well. It's about the money. They really don't give a crapola about what we eat, where we eat or how we eat. It's a control factor attached to money......

Little-Acorn
07-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Actually it wouldn't be that difficult. You don't have to tell PEOPLE. Just tell the food producers.

Make a law saying that foods sold at retail must have no more than XXX calories per ounce, or per serving, or etc. Or no more than YYY trans-fats, or whatever thing you want to regulate.

People wouldn't know the laws had even been passed, because no cops would come to their door, or check what was in their shopping back on the way out of the store. A few might notice that Chicken McNuggets were missing from the menu at the local Macs. And a VERY few might ask why they were gone at the counter, only to get a blank look from the min-wage worker who had no clue. And even the manager would just say they weren't availabel from the distributor any more.

Same deal for Twinkies at Safeway, or Super Double Mocha Lattes at Starbucks. They just quietly wouldn't be there any more.

Easy.

I can't believe they are actually going after what we eat.
They aren't. Yet.

They (in particular, soon-to-be-USSC-Justice Elana Kagan) are simply saying they see no reason why such a move would be unconstitutional.

(The amount of unconstitutional things they don't see, would fill volumes.)

This, to me is one of the worst most personal intrusions possible.
Is it?

Try China's "One-Child Policy" sometime. Or a ruling (coming soon, to a government health care system near you) that your 90-year-old Grandmother's gall bladder operation was denied because it wasn't cost effective - it wouldn't extend her life vey much anyway.

You'll wish they had gone back to just regulating Twinkies.

krisy
07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Actually it wouldn't be that difficult. You don't have to tell PEOPLE. Just tell the food producers.

Make a law saying that foods sold at retail must have no more than XXX calories per ounce, or per serving, or etc. Or no more than YYY trans-fats, or whatever thing you want to regulate.

People wouldn't know the laws had even been passed, because no cops would come to their door, or check what was in their shopping back on the way out of the store. A few might notice that Chicken McNuggets were missing from the menu at the local Macs. And a VERY few might ask why they were gone at the counter, only to get a blank look from the min-wage worker who had no clue. And even the manager would just say they weren't availabel from the distributor any more.

Same deal for Twinkies at Safeway, or Super Double Mocha Lattes at Starbucks. They just quietly wouldn't be there any more.

Easy.

They aren't. Yet.

They (in particular, soon-to-be-USSC-Justice Elana Kagan) are simply saying they see no reason why such a move would be unconstitutional.

(The amount of unconstitutional things they don't see, would fill volumes.)

Is it?

Try China's "One-Child Policy" sometime. Or a ruling (coming soon, to a government health care system near you) that your 90-year-old Grandmother's gall bladder operation was denied because it wasn't cost effective - it wouldn't extend her life vey much anyway.

You'll wish they had gone back to just regulating Twinkies.

All I know is,this stuff shouldn't be on the list of government business. Who would think they have the time? Of course,I'm sure there are plenty of tax dollars to be made by juicing up the junk food.

HogTrash
07-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Been there, done that...All that health food hype is a lot of bullshit that doesn't work.

I've been guzzlin lite beer like a fish for the last 2 years, and haven't lost a single pound.

It appears the old 6-pack has been permanently replaced by a 12-pack with a belly button.

:alcoholic: