PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

red states rule
07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
No wonder the economy is tanking with logic like this

Obama's shitload of economic experience must have rubbed off on Pelosi

Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs
Published July 01, 2010 FoxNews.com

Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday.

Talking to reporters, the House speaker was defending a jobless benefits extension against those who say it gives recipients little incentive to work. By her reasoning, those checks are helping give somebody a job.

"It injects demand into the economy," Pelosi said, arguing that when families have money to spend it keeps the economy churning. "It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."

Pelosi said the aid has the "double benefit" of helping those who lost their jobs and acting as a "job creator" on the side.

"It's impossible to think of a situation where we would have a country that would say we're not going to have unemployment benefits," Pelosi said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/01/pelosi-unemployment-checks-best-way-create-jobs/

Kathianne
07-01-2010, 06:29 PM

What a tool! I'm on unemployment now, trust me, my spending is cut by more than 1/2. I won't use credit, until I have a job. My income is less than 1/2 it was a month ago. Stimulating? Not so. Most obviously. Hard though for a millionaire to understand I guess.

red states rule
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
What a tool! I'm on unemployment now, trust me, my spending is cut by more than 1/2. I won't use credit, until I have a job. My income is less than 1/2 it was a month ago. Stimulating? Not so. Most obviously. Hard though for a millionaire to understand I guess.

It is called Obamanomics

If unemployment checks will turn the economy around, why don't we just tell everyone to stop working so Obamanomics will make sure we all get the unemployment checks and the economy will really take off

namvet
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
they're in deep shit and they know if they have to resort to this.

namvet
07-01-2010, 07:29 PM
oE-z38pXUAo

Little-Acorn
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
"It injects demand into the economy," Pelosi said,
Demand for what?

This is bizarre.

Insein
07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
How the hell does a person so completely idiotic and ignorant to how economics work have one of the most powerful positions in our nation at controlling the economy? My God? Everytime this woman speaks, I feel the doosmday clock grows shorter by a day.

I feel like I'm on crazy pills seeing this shit everyday. Unemployment checks create jobs?! Are you fucking serious Nancy?

Gaffer
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
My disability check must being doing wonders in the creation of jobs. And as an added incentive I didn't get a cost of living increase this year. The jobs and economy are just soaring out there...and ah helped.

red states rule
07-02-2010, 04:51 AM
What is also sad about Pelosi's insane comment is that not one "journalist" called her on her comment

They all let it go without a challenging her on it

CSM
07-02-2010, 06:31 AM
How can anyone possibly take this woman seriously?

Little-Acorn
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
How can anyone possibly take this woman seriously?

This is who is third in line of succession to the Presidency.

SassyLady
07-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Anyone else think they are in the middle of the newest "nightmare on elm street" sequel?

DragonStryk72
07-03-2010, 12:08 AM

I think that's a central point of the problem, actually. Most of our politicians have lost touch with what it actually means to be poor, to actually have to work hard to get by. Personally, I believe that we need to revers the act 40 years ago that started paying Congressmen.

Things would be markedly different in our government if politicians had to maintain their own businesses back home like they used to. For one, you'd see a pretty much immediate drop in the business taxes from both dems and Republicans. "career" politicians would disappear overnight, because if they are only able to function as politicians it'll show pretty quickly when they are can't use that to pay the bills any longer.

red states rule
07-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Anyone else think they are in the middle of the newest "nightmare on elm street" sequel?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2698342867_59dd16ffc7_m.jpg

namvet
07-03-2010, 08:02 AM

http://www.monsterzine.com/pd/images/wolfman.jpg

yeah im loading silver bullets

KarlMarx
07-03-2010, 08:12 PM

In another country, useful idiots like Nancy Pelosi would be marched out against a wall and a bullet put in the back of their skulls............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

sorry, I was just relishing the thought of it

Silver
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM
How the hell does a person so completely idiotic and ignorant to how economics work have one of the most powerful positions in our nation at controlling the economy? My God? Everytime this woman speaks, I feel the doosmday clock grows shorter by a day.

I feel like I'm on crazy pills seeing this shit everyday. Unemployment checks create jobs?! Are you fucking serious Nancy?

The idiocy of Madam Speaker is astounding....
the only thing more incredibly stupid are the brain-dead assholes that vote for her and her party comrades.......

Gaffer
07-04-2010, 08:11 AM
In another country, useful idiots like Nancy Pelosi would be marched out against a wall and a bullet put in the back of their skulls............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

sorry, I was just relishing the thought of it

I have the same thoughts. :salute:

Binky
07-04-2010, 10:39 AM
It is called Obamanomics

If unemployment checks will turn the economy around, why don't we just tell everyone to stop working so Obamanomics will make sure we all get the unemployment checks and the economy will really take off

I can't believe these are the morons that are ruining our country.....ooops, pardon me, I meant running our country......:eek: Oh yeah, now I remember, when morons are in control, they also ruin.....

red states rule
07-05-2010, 04:27 AM
I can't believe these are the morons that are ruining our country.....ooops, pardon me, I meant running our country......:eek: Oh yeah, now I remember, when morons are in control, they also ruin.....

I wonder how many people who fell for the hope and change scam not regret voting for Obama, and will voet against the Dems this November?

DragonStryk72
07-05-2010, 05:12 AM
The thing that gets me here is that she actually believes this. That unemployment checks, which can only be gotten when employment is lost, are somehow creating more jobs, even though anyone who is on unemployment is consequently making only a portion of what they were making before.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Now the liberal media tries to make Obama look good by lowering the standards of what "normal" unemployment is

Job market not growing fast enough for big rebound

snip

Unemployment is expected to stay above 9 percent through the midterm elections in November. And the Fed predicts joblessness could still be as high as 7.5 percent two years from now. Normal is considered closer to 6 percent, and economists say it will probably take until the middle of this decade to achieve that.

The jobless rate did come down in June from 9.7 percent the month before. But that was mainly because 652,000 people abandoned their job searches.

Even among Americans with secure jobs, confidence is fading. One gauge of consumer confidence fell in June to about 53, down nearly 10 points in a single month. And it's well below the reading of 90 typically seen in a healthy economy.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT