PDA

View Full Version : Ya know...

bullypulpit
07-02-2010, 04:51 AM
After reading the news from a variety of sources, and reading quality...more appropriately, lack thereof...of the right wing-nuts posting here, I have come to a conclusion. That being, that the human race is due for a major, and well deserved, die-back.

CSM
07-02-2010, 06:12 AM
After reading the news from a variety of sources, and reading quality...more appropriately, lack thereof...of the right wing-nuts posting here, I have come to a conclusion. That being, that the human race is due for a major, and well deserved, die-back.

OK ... you first!

Insein
07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Quality Troll there bully.

revelarts
07-02-2010, 11:09 AM
What sources do you look at over all bully? do mainly read hard left and then look at the worse of the right or what?

seriously.
I mean what do you go for to get a bigger pic of the news left right center up down?

(as an aside I'll mention I get that your making a joke about die off BUT, when someone makes a similar joke, like Pat Robertson did about the the people in the state dept., "HE's NUTS!, he wants to nuke the state dept!" . Can the right makes jokes about -killing off- groups of people that don't agree with them or is it just the left? Or did you really mean it? )

Sweetchuck
07-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Once healthcare reform starts kicking in, you'll probably get your wish.

KarlMarx
07-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Gee, BP, sorry to hear that you've decided to kill yourself. We'll miss you.... Thanks in advance for your efforts to improve the human condition.

actsnoblemartin
07-02-2010, 09:30 PM
I understand that those of us who are conservative may be a bit passionate, even over passionate to be polite, at times

but why must we be nuts?

should I say aw those liberals, theyre all a bunch of fill in the blanks

I dont challenge liberal sincerity, I challenge whether their ideas are helpful or not.

I dont know bully, I like ya, but how does a 13 trillion debt, help america?

Is george bush responsible for even our current presidents choices, including fiscal irresponsibility and more change from 1 trillion dollars of debt to 13?

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 06:23 AM
I understand that those of us who are conservative may be a bit passionate, even over passionate to be polite, at times

but why must we be nuts?

I dont challenge liberal sincerity, I challenge whether their ideas are helpful or not.

Is george bush responsible for even our current presidents choices, including fiscal irresponsibility and more change from 1 trillion dollars of debt to 13?

Absolutely.

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Bill maher had a great video on this very issue of cutting spending, which is something you would like my friend

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/if88PgI-vfU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/if88PgI-vfU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Absolutely.

Psychoblues

KarlMarx
07-03-2010, 06:52 AM

but why must we be nuts?

I wish I could rep you... hit the nail right on the head.

KarlMarx
07-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Bill Maher greatly simplifies the problem and takes pot shots at the favorite scape goat of liberals... defense spending.

In fact, there are other huge components in the federal budget that will soon, if not already, eclipse defense spending.

1. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and interest on the debt, if put together will take up 1.5 trillion dollars, which is 50% of the budget. Defense spending is the 2nd largest single item at $600 billion

2. What Maher doesn't know, or at least does not acknowledge, is that SecDef Gates is already taking very aggressive steps to not only curtail spending but reduce it to the tune of about $500 billion over the next 5-10 years. He is cancelling programs, he is delaying the award of others, and he is stretching out even more.

3. Cutting defense spending when your enemies are increasing theirs is not generally a good idea. We need "space lasers" (i.e. missile defense) not to shoot down the Taliban, but to neutralize the threat of nuclear missiles aimed at us and our allies by the likes of China, Russia, and now, thanks to the efforts of the current and past administrations and the UN, Iran.

4. China is increasing spending of its defense by double digits each and every year. They are getting close to, if do not already have, a 600 ship navy. Ours on the other hand is being cut, being left to decay and not much is being done to increase it. We do not have a 600 ship navy, not even close.

5. Bill Maher demonstrates his lack of knowledge when he poo-poos submarines. Submarines are the backbone of our defense strategy. Submarines carry nuclear missiles, sweetheart, the kind that level cities. Submarines cannot be detected very easily except by very sophisticated and very classified technology that costs a lot of money because of research.

6. We are now enjoying a hegemony in a technology that is saving lives. Especially, the lives of our troops. It allows our fighters and bombers to infiltrate enemy territory without being detected. It is the reason why the 1st and 2nd Gulf Wars had low casualty rates. That technology is "stealth". As in Stealth Fighter, Stealth Bomber, the JSF, and F-22. But stealth technology is very expensive to implement and to develop.

7. Another technology, and I'll stop here, that saves lives is the unmanned remote control drones that fire missiles, run surveillance missions, delivers cargo, and soon a host of other things as well. Also very expensive to develop and maintain....

People like Bill Maher will be the first to complain when soldiers come home in a box because of needless casualties. If lives of our soldiers are so precious, then I'm afraid we'll have to pay for more research and development for more technologies like Stealth and remote control aircraft in order to ensure that our soldiers are not killed needlessly.

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Bill maher had a great video on this very issue of cutting spending, which is something you would like my friend

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/if88PgI-vfU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/if88PgI-vfU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My, my. You're a sporting one as well, my friend!

Psychoblues

stephanie
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM

very ugly stuff.