PDA

View Full Version : Democrats "deem" faux $1.12 trillion Budget to be passed... without even writing one!

Little-Acorn
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.gop.gov/bill/111/2/hr4899amendmentstothesenatebill

I am left speechless by this one.

That's very rare, for me.

When I first heard about it, I thought it was a joke - something printed in The Onion. I thought it was a pretty good one, too.

Then I found the link below. Apparently, the Democrats actually did it.

Instead of writing the Federal budget for the fiscal year 2011, Democrats have simply added an amendment to another bill, saying that a budget is "deemed to have passed". The amendment passed the House 215-210. No Republicans voted in favor, and 38 Democrats voted against.

Apparently this allows Democrats to go on spending Federal money, without the pesky restraint of having to write - or stick to - an actual budget.

I'm curious about something.

If, next week, the Democrats pass some sort of bill saying that the elections of November 2010 and 2012 are "deemed to have taken place", and that Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Franks, Schumer etc. are the winners.....

....how is that substantively different from what they have just done here?

Kathianne
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Should be interesting, this was in the news just days ago:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/gao-finds-irs-failures-in-accounting-irs-responds-that-congress-passed-a-budget-late-97509624.html

GAO finds IRS failures in accounting, IRS responds that Congress passed a budget late
By: J.P. FREIRE
Associate Commentary Editor
06/30/10 1:05 PM PDT

Congressional Democrats’ decision not to pass a budget has a significance greater than the political talking point it creates for Republicans. Apparently, such a failure can also cause havoc for federal agencies like the Internal Revenue Service. When the agency was found to be in violation of “requirements in its annual appropriations act” by the Government Accountability Office earlier this week, the IRS defended itself, saying that it couldn’t anticipate how much money it would be getting from Congress because last year it passed a budget late in the year:...

...In other words: If Congress doesn’t pass a budget, it’s hard for agencies to estimate how much funding to dedicate to particular areas — and beyond that, they frequently don’t have the ability to do so because they rely on Congress to tell them how to spend the money. As a consequence, money isn’t spent where it should be.

Gaffer
07-02-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.gop.gov/bill/111/2/hr4899amendmentstothesenatebill

I am left speechless by this one.

That's very rare, for me.

When I first heard about it, I thought it was a joke - something printed in The Onion. I thought it was a pretty good one, too.

Then I found the link below. Apparently, the Democrats actually did it.

Instead of writing the Federal budget for the fiscal year 2011, Democrats have simply added an amendment to another bill, saying that a budget is "deemed to have passed". The amendment passed the House 215-210. No Republicans voted in favor, and 38 Democrats voted against.

Apparently this allows Democrats to go on spending Federal money, without the pesky restraint of having to write - or stick to - an actual budget.

If, next week, the Democrats pass some sort of bill saying that the elections of November 2010 and 2012 are "deemed to have taken place", and that Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Franks, Schumer etc. are the winners.....

I said before to watch for the corruption and voter fraud this Nov. This is a part of what I'm talking about. Too many of the dems are arrogant and cocky about the coming election and act like there's nothing to be concerned about. Somethings in the works and they expect big wins.

namvet
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
just like Hitler. no opposition full speed ahead

Sweetchuck
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Fail!

The people should be outraged.

I am.

namvet
07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Fail!

The people should be outraged.

I am.

Id say we've seen enough

Little-Acorn
07-02-2010, 05:36 PM

If the Democrats are this easy about "deeming" one Constitutional requirement as "done" when it hasn't even been started, why not another?

What reason would they have NOT to do it to an entire election - just "deem" it already held, with themselves as the winners?

Once you throw out the Constitution as the limiting factor on what government can do, you are left with NO limits on what government can do.

Insein
07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
If the Democrats are this easy about "deeming" one Constitutional requirement as "done" when it hasn't even been started, why not another?

What reason would they have NOT to do it to an entire election - just "deem" it already held, with themselves as the winners?

Once you throw out the Constitution as the limiting factor on what government can do, you are left with NO limits on what government can do.

This goes back to my argument for the Chicago Gun ban. If the SCOTUS says you can't do it, then whats to stop a government entity from passing a new law that says you can and use it until SCOTUS says you can't do it again in 5-10 years when they see the case?

DragonStryk72
07-02-2010, 10:08 PM
notice how we aren't ever hearing from our left-leaning contingent during all this?