:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Is the paranoia that deep?

Psychoblues

Yes it is

Liberals are reading polls, seeing the economy continue to tank, more people are loing their jobs and homes, the debt is soaring, and Obama's approval numbers sinking - all while libs are running things

Yea, they know they are in for a severe loss at the polls in November

But I would not call it paranoia PB - I would call it reality

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:26 AM
my two cents.

I believe americans are paranoid.

all the way back to the 50's when school children hid under their desks to the ozone going to kill us till today

americans have always needed some doom and gloom to help them hold on to their paranoia

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:28 AM
if the republicans win in november, they better dam well do something other then say how bad the democrats are.

They will have their hands full, but they can do it.

my example: california, run by, guess who red.

not happy, with it.

Yes it is

Liberals are reading polls, seeing the economy continue to tank, more people are loing their jobs and homes, the debt is soaring, and Obama's approval numbers sinking - all while libs are running things

Yea, they know they are in for a severe loss at the polls in November

But I would not call it paranoia PB - I would call it reality

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:31 AM
my two cents.

all the way back to the 50's when school children hid under their desks to the ozone going to kill us till today

americans have always needed some doom and gloom to help them hold on to their paranoia

It is not doom and gloom Martine - people are worried if they will have a job to go to next week

They are worried if they can make their next house payment

They are worried about their kids future given the spending spree Obama is on and leaving the bill for their kids to pay

They are worried about illegals flooding in and living off US taxpayers

They are worried about their government ordering them to buy products and services

They are worried about their government taking more of the money they earn and leaving them to decide what bill they wil not pay until their next pay check

Maybe some here dismiss this as paranoia - I call it reality thanks to hope and change

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:33 AM
if the republicans win in november, they better dam well do something other then say how bad the democrats are.

not happy, with it.

Last I checked Martin libs hold the power in your state

Arnold is a RINO and you know it

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 05:34 AM

not happy, with it.

The republicans, in their present positions, cannot possibly win in November, marteen. Seriously,,,,,,,,they are FOOLS!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:35 AM
I am not meaning to dismiss anything.

two things: their is a thin line between paranoia and worry

example: oh my god im worried ill lose my job so ill obsess over something I cant control, and make myself sick to the point i cant work

Genuine fear: oh my, I might not have a job next week

Obama may have inherited this, but taking it from 1 to 13 trillion is gonna fix it how? :poke:

we're gonna have to look at cutting spending even on defense, entitlements, etc.

were just gonna have to ... suffer for a bit.

It is not doom and gloom Martine - people are worried if they will have a job to go to next week

They are worried if they can make their next house payment

They are worried about their kids future given the spending spree Obama is on and leaving the bill for their kids to pay

They are worried about illegals flooding in and living off US taxpayers

They are worried about their government ordering them to buy products and services

They are worried about their government taking more of the money they earn and leaving them to decide what bill they wil not pay until their next pay check

Maybe some here dismiss this as paranoia - I call it reality thanks to hope and change

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:35 AM
The republicans, in their present positions, cannot possibly win in November, marteen. Seriously,,,,,,,,they are FOOLS!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yea, right :laugh2:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/july_2010/obama_approval_index_july_02_2010/328080-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_july_02_2010.jpg

and the GOP is +6 for the Seante and damn near have the number to take the House

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:37 AM
its possible.

it comes down to two schools of thought

#1 the democrats need more time, to fix the mess were in.

or

#2 They have made things worse, lets ship um out

hate to be simplistic, but the voters may decide its time for more incumbents to get the boot.

I think the democrats better do a better job of conveying why they need more time , or their out

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:38 AM
I would like to hear what the gop has up its sleeve to create jobs, because if the economy continues to recover this slowly, without jobs.

well, it wont be a good day for donkeys

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:40 AM
if democrats want to win, cut spending, and create some meaning new jobs or convince the american people they have stopped the oil spill of job loss, and need more time to fix the underlying causes of companies as comfortable as two teenagers on a first date, to create jobs

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:40 AM
its possible.

or

hate to be simplistic, but the voters may decide its time for more incumbents to get the boot.

I think the democrats better do a better job of conveying why they need more time , or their out

Martin they had 17 months. they had unchecked power until the MA election and we see what they have accomplished

Obama is Carter's second term - and Dems will lose badly because of it

PB lives in his bubble where liberalism never fails, and Obama is perfect. A dose of reality is coming his way in November

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 05:42 AM
its possible.

or

gwb got us into this mess. President Barack Hussein Obama is doing his best to get us out of it.

Psychoblues

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:44 AM
gwb got us into this mess. President Barack Hussein Obama is doing his best to get us out of it.

Psychoblues

The blame Bush excuse no longer works PB. A REAL leader does not pass the buck when he is in charge

He got his stimulus, he got his jobs bill, he got Obamacare - and things are only getting worse. If this is Obama's "best" we are really screwed

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Just to play devils advocate :coffee:

because its fun.

the american people will decide if the democrats have had enough time.

bush had 8 years, the gop had twelve years. so 17 months, not a ton of time

but certainly enough time to paint a picture to sell, lets see if the american people buy it.

I believe what will happen is, without a stunning job creation turn around.

The dems are going to go down in november like the titanic, and their is precident for this, usually if a dem is office, gop gains in mid term and visa versa

why? americans need someone to hold accountable, whether its bush or cartel, the buck has to stop somewhere. and americans are most concerned about jobs.

im interested to see what pb thinks the dems need to do to win in november and what you think the gop needs to do to win in november

red states rule
07-03-2010, 05:46 AM

because its fun.

but certainly enough time to paint a picture to sell, lets see if the american people buy it.

The dems are going to go down in november like the titanic, and their is precident for this, usually if a dem is office, gop gains in mid term and visa versa

why? americans need someone to hold accountable, whether its bush or cartel, the buck has to stop somewhere. and americans are most concerned about jobs.

im interested to see what pb thinks the dems need to do to win in november and what you think the gop needs to do to win in november

No Martin Dems will go down because they made promises to get elected - and then forgot all about them

They have been to busy with a social agenda and not working on encouraging the private sector to hire and expand

It is simple as that

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:48 AM
if the dems manage to hold on their majority, the american people will not be as patient with our president if the economy doesnt rebound within 6-12 months after the mid terms, and could make him a one term president.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:51 AM
listen obamacare might sink obama.

he put a lot of political capitol into that.

I am very non-trusting of government.

and what happens in washington, screws us royally (usually)

but barrack was right about one thing, we need to stop insurance companies from denying people coverage because of a pre existing condition

now, if we could get him to see the light on interstate commerce with insurance, i.e. buying across state lines

that would be great

No Martin Dems will go down because they made promises to get elected - and then forgot all about them

They have been to busy with a social agenda and not working on encouraging the private sector to hire and expand

It is simple as that

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:52 AM
I think the dems will lose some seats in the midterm because of the economy, and barrack will get re-elected unless the republicans do a better job of saying what their for, and how their going to achieve it, rather then just barrack bashing

it kinda goes with the territory though, bush bashing, clinton bashing

we all bash presidents :coffee:

It is simple as that

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 05:53 AM

because its fun.

The dems are trying to attract good paying and otherwise substantial jobs. The republicans are trying to kick everyone back to minimum wage gigs. There ain't no secret about that.

Advertisements are important. I hope the truth will prevail.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:54 AM
the democrats may and i think likely will lose in september because america is impatient, and barrack does struck himself by spending 700 billion dollars, and not getting companies to hire

remember, the economy is non partisan, it sank the first bush in 92

It is simple as that

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:57 AM
It might very well be that its not completely the democrats fault that more jobs havent been created.

The economic mess did start under bush, and was pretty bad.

But the pres, cannot fall back on bush anymore.

After 17 months, he needs a different plan to create jobs because so far, the stimulus has not created jobs, atleast to my knowledge

and hey, congress has some power to help small business, but ultimately its small business that has to say, we wanna hire, and the climate sucks right now.

The dems are trying to attract good paying and otherwise substantial jobs. The republicans are trying to kick everyone back to minimum wage gigs. There ain't no secret about that.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 05:59 AM
the the democrats better spell out to the american people, what their plans are, assuming they want a 2nd stimules if the first one didnt create jobs, why is a 2nd one any better.

we gotta be tough but fair with our president.

I was unhappy with the republican incumbents in 2006, but its now 2010, and what have the new incumbents done for us?

its all about what have you done for me lately in politics, atleast how i see it

:coffee:

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:00 AM
I know in california, our so called republican piece of poo, is trying to get some or all state workers to minimum wage

the legislature here and the senate are a joke though

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:02 AM
why isnt the obama administration lowering the corporate tax rate like ireland has it?

lower taxes for small business = more jobs created?, because they have more money to spend right?

oh crap, :slap: will someone please educate my dumb ass on economics

It is simple as that

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 06:04 AM
the democrats may and i think likely will lose in september because america is impatient, and barrack does struck himself by spending 700 billion dollars, and not getting companies to hire

remember, the economy is non partisan, it sank the first bush in 92

I love you, marteen, but I think you are extremely misguided. There may be reichwing advances in November but I don't believe we have any fear of their governmental takeover. The idiocies of the reichwingers is now well known to the American peoples.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:06 AM
well im trying to be tough but fair, but clearly i'm in over my head here.

I know nothing about economics

but im open to what people got to say on it.

I think people have a genuine fear of government not allowing them to protect themselves with a fire arm, but an unrealistic fear that the gov is going to raid everyone's house and take their guns.

am i wrong?

we should fear government, but not too much

I love you, marteen, but I think you are extremely misguided. There may be reichwing advances in November but I don't believe we have any fear of their governmental takeover. The idiocies of the reichwingers is now well known to the American peoples.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:08 AM
one thing, im very consistent on though, and let me be clear. Government, whether its controlled by the donkeys or the elephants, must be held accountable for their performances.

if the american people arent happy, someone's head or job will roll.

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:10 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/business/economy/03jobs.html

Jobs Report Highlights Shaky U.S. Recovery

After several months in which the American economy flashed tentative signs of improvement, a sobering report on the national job market released on Friday amplified worries that a lengthy period of lean times lay ahead.

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:12 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

plus good news for obama and the dems?

http://politifi.com/news/Consumer-Spending-Job-Creation-Near-17Month-Highs-782637.html

Consumer Spending, Job Creation Near 17-Month Highs

Princeton, NJ -- Americans reported Spending an average of $80 a day last week, the highest such weekly Spending average in more than 17 months, and Gallup's Job Creation Index, at +8 last week, continues to reflect the recent pattern of more positive reports of hiring at Americans' places of employment. These two positive economic trends have occurred despite a slight erosion of Americans' expressed confidence in the U.S. economy in the last several weeks. The accompanying graph...

and what about the stock market, does it play either way?

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/02/markets/markets_newyork/

plus interesting site on job creation

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/

plus

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 06:15 AM
one thing, im very consistent on though, and let me be clear. Government, whether its controlled by the donkeys or the elephants, must be held accountable for their performances.

if the american people arent happy, someone's head or job will roll.

We simply must have government to survive as a civilization. The pukes hate government. Holy Moly, WTF? Why do they insist on running it?

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:21 AM
well we have seen republicans go to washington and turn into big spenders, and we have what to show for 1994-2006 republican controlled congress?

a war in iraq?

so government, retardacrat or douchican :). I like making fun of them both, are still not that great.

we do need government, id like to see it be more efficient and ethical

this is not a partisan issue for me

We simply must have government to survive as a civilization. The pukes hate government. Holy Moly, WTF? Why do they insist on running it?

Psychoblues

red states rule
07-03-2010, 06:49 AM

Psychoblues

How are they doing that PB? By taxing companies? By imposing Obamacre on them and increasing the cost of hiring and keeping people on the payroll? By pushing thru more government regulation? By publicly attacking near evey industry in America as evil and greedy?

So go ahead PB the floor is yours

Lord knows you have spent enough time passed out on it

red states rule
07-03-2010, 06:51 AM

Psychoblues

So when you have no facts to bring to the table it is back to the Nazi BS again?

Damn I pity your liberal ass in these midterms PB :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-03-2010, 09:37 AM
well we have seen republicans go to washington and turn into big spenders, and we have what to show for 1994-2006 republican controlled congress?

a war in iraq?

so government, retardacrat or douchican :). I like making fun of them both, are still not that great.

we do need government, id like to see it be more efficient and ethical

this is not a partisan issue for me

I think you are missing my point, marteen. I am not at all opposed to a fair critisism of the government. I am, however, opposed to individuals that claim to hate the government yet seek to employ themselves within it. Are they liars are just dumbasses? Either way, they are not friends of the American way of life.

Psychoblues

namvet
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Is the paranoia that deep?

Psychoblues

hey i saw you on another forum. but you got banned. what happened????

red states rule
07-03-2010, 01:35 PM
hey i saw you on another forum. but you got banned. what happened????

Give him time NV - I am sure the results will be similiar here as well

red states rule
07-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I think you are missing my point, marteen. I am not at all opposed to a fair critisism of the government. I am, however, opposed to individuals that claim to hate the government yet seek to employ themselves within it. Are they liars are just dumbasses? Either way, they are not friends of the American way of life.

Psychoblues

You mean you are not opposed to criticism of Republicans - and opposed to anyone that speak ill of Obama and liberals

You know if you ever sober up, answer direct questions, and carry on a civil discussion - I am going to dump my Molson Coors stock

namvet
07-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Give him time NV - I am sure the results will be similiar here as well

awww right.............T stands for terminate !!!!!:coffee:

Missileman
07-03-2010, 07:30 PM
listen obamacare might sink obama.

he put a lot of political capitol into that.

I am very non-trusting of government.

and what happens in washington, screws us royally (usually)

but barrack was right about one thing, we need to stop insurance companies from denying people coverage because of a pre existing condition

now, if we could get him to see the light on interstate commerce with insurance, i.e. buying across state lines

that would be great

Maybe we need to apply that pre-existing condition policy to auto insurance too...make it legal to go buy a scrap car from a junk yard and make the insurance company pay to fix it.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 04:19 AM
Maybe we need to apply that pre-existing condition policy to auto insurance too...make it legal to go buy a scrap car from a junk yard and make the insurance company pay to fix it.

Yea, you buy your house house from Obama Savings and Loan

Your car from Obama Motors

then all your insurance from Obama Insurarne Company

You drive around without coverage - have a wreck - then take out coverage to cover the wreck

Makes perfect sense - if you are a liberal

I

Missileman
07-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Yea, you buy your house house from Obama Savings and Loan

Your car from Obama Motors

then all your insurance from Obama Insurarne Company

You drive around without coverage - have a wreck - then take out coverage to cover the wreck

Makes perfect sense - if you are a liberal

I

The solution for the pre-existing condition thing is easy too. It's called health screening. Get an exam before buying coverage that the insurance company has to honor. The other half of the solution is to dissociate health coverage and employment. What was supposed to be a benefit has in too many cases become a detriment.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 07:19 AM
The solution for the pre-existing condition thing is easy too. It's called health screening. Get an exam before buying coverage that the insurance company has to honor. The other half of the solution is to dissociate health coverage and employment. What was supposed to be a benefit has in too many cases become a detriment.

I have this post on another thread - but it allies to your post

Democrats, according to Nancy Pelosi, had to pass health care reform in order for us to find out what's in it. So they passed Obamacare; people are now finding what's in it.

Now, one of the Democrats' original big selling points was their claim that uninsured "children" up to age 26 would immediately be put on their parents' insurance plans, and life would be beautiful.

In reality, it's not working as planned. While insurance companies were strong-armed into promising to comply immediately, nobody talked to the employers: they're the ones who actually decide what kind of health plans are offered to their employees. And most companies will not comply any earlier than they're required to -- as late as next May. In fact, a recent survey of businesses found that 76 percent say they're "not very likely" or "not at all likely" to comply with Obamacare early.

Young people who assumed Obama would wave his magic wand and they'd be covered at no cost, might be surprised to learn that their parents' employers are not so generous. Or stupid. In fact, companies are already trying to figure out how they're going to pass along the added costs to those who are responsible for the costs -- namely you, the employees.

Oh. And military families are discovering that they were left out of the plan altogether... by accident or by design.

So as time goes by, you will find out more of what's in it, and I can promise, you will not like it. (And yes, I'm saying that with a smile.)

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_062810/content/01125101.member.html

Sitarro
07-05-2010, 01:03 PM
my two cents.

Actually the threat of nuclear holocaust was very real in those days and I don't think it is just Americans that are paranoid or fat or stupid or etc. etc........ Asians do really stupid things like the Chinese and Indians and their ridiculous populations. I have seen plenty of fat Euro trash and ultra fat people from Latin America. I get really tired of America bashing from around the world but it has been epidemic from leftist twats.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
The blame Bush excuse no longer works PB. A REAL leader does not pass the buck when he is in charge

He got his stimulus, he got his jobs bill, he got Obamacare - and things are only getting worse. If this is Obama's "best" we are really screwed

Not holding the Dems responsible for the state of our country when they hold the White House, and both houses of Congress (with a strong majority no less), is a JOKE. Not to mention that Barney Frank's mortgage lending policies got this whole mess started in the first place. It's either total stupidity or total deception to do so.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 02:43 PM
It's either total stupidity or total deception to do so.

It is both Trigg

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
My, oh my. Some of these ridiculous responses truly advertise the attitudes of the idiots that desire to eliminate Americans that don't think like they do. Fuck 'em. They are not the Americans I went to war to fight for.

Psychoblues

red states rule
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
My, oh my. Some of these ridiculous responses truly advertise the attitudes of the idiots that desire to eliminate Americans that don't think like they do. Fuck 'em. They are not the Americans I went to war to fight for.

Psychoblues

Sober up and come back when you can tell us how Obama's polices are working

Otherwise you are just trolling as usual

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Not holding the Dems responsible for the state of our country when they hold the White House, and both houses of Congress (with a strong majority no less), is a JOKE. Not to mention that Barney Frank's mortgage lending policies got this whole mess started in the first place. It's either total stupidity or total deception to do so.

Just where are your points of contention, abbey? Do you think this administration can immediately correct the misguided and generally accepted as idiotic of the last 12 years of a repuplican congress?

We will continue to see the uprising of idiocies of the gwb administration for at least 20 years.

Please share with me your absolutes?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Missileman
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Just where are your points of contention, abbey? Do you think this administration can immediately correct the misguided and generally accepted as idiotic of the last 12 years of a repuplican congress?

We will continue to see the uprising of idiocies of the gwb administration for at least 20 years.

Psychoblues

So for the next 20 years, anything negative that happens in the country is Bush's fault and anything positive that happens can be credited to Obama and the Dems...you're absolutely a fucking idiot!

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
So for the next 20 years, anything negative that happens in the country is Bush's fault and anything positive that happens can be credited to Obama and the Dems...you're absolutely a fucking idiot!

I think that gwb was and is a negative impact on American life. I continue to see hope and change in the Obama administration. Disagree if you like. Time will tell whether you are a "fucking idiot" or that I am?!?!???!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM

Psychoblues

What is it about Barney Frank's (D-MA) mortgage policies do you think is not responsible for the start of our economic downturn and eventual disaster?

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
What is it about Barney Frank's (D-MA) mortgage policies do you think is not responsible for the start of our economic downturn and eventual disaster?

Do you refer to the sanitized version or the truth? Deregulation of our financial industries caused the second depression in the last hundred years. Some of the idiots aren't seeing that yet.

Barney Frank remains a good man in my book.

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Do you refer to the sanitized version or the truth? Deregulation of our financial industries caused the second depression in the last hundred years. Some of the idiots aren't seeing that yet.

Psychoblues

I'd like an answer. The truth would be nice.

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I'd like an answer. The truth would be nice.

I belatedly repeat? What are your specific points of contention? Or are you satisfied to just throw out accusations and contemplate complete agreement?

I hope you're not a courtroom lawyer!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
dems have been in charge of both houses since 2006, time they start taking responsibility for this country

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
dems have been in charge of both houses since 2006, time they start taking responsibility for this country

I am sorry for you, marteen. That is not exactly true. How is it now that even with close to a super majority the Democrats are still faced with ridiculous and unprecedented filibusters by the party of "No, No, Hell No" bitch's that continue to use arcane senate rules to dismiss the work of the people and instead continue the idiocies of the last administration? We've already seen their chops. Ain't nothing pretty or harmonious about them.

Psychoblues

Missileman
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I am sorry for you, marteen. That is not exactly true. How is it now that even with close to a super majority the Democrats are still faced with ridiculous and unprecedented filibusters by the party of "No, No, Hell No" bitch's that continue to use arcane senate rules to dismiss the work of the people and instead continue the idiocies of the last administration? We've already seen their chops. Ain't nothing pretty or harmonious about them.

Psychoblues

They had an UNSTOPPABLE majority for the first year plus of Obama's presidency...you need to wake up or sober up and stop blaiming the GOP for the failings of YOUR party.

Missileman
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM

Psychoblues

The meltdown was precipitated by the trading of toxic mortgages that wouldn't have existed if not for the unwise lending policies put in place by Frank and Co.

SassyLady
07-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Psychoblues

Unprecedented filibusters? Can you tell when the last one was used and what it was used for?

Abbey Marie
07-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I belatedly repeat? What are your specific points of contention? Or are you satisfied to just throw out accusations and contemplate complete agreement?

I hope you're not a courtroom lawyer!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I made the statement- you disagreed. Tell me what you disagree with.