PDA

View Full Version : nazi tourettes: glen beck

actsnoblemartin
07-03-2010, 06:30 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtlOBa6qa3o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtlOBa6qa3o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweetchuck
07-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Outstanding!

Lewis Black is fucking great. I don't laugh out loud often, but I was guffawing on this one.

SassyLady
07-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Sorry .... didn't find any of this to be humorous.

Sweetchuck
07-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Sorry .... didn't find any of this to be humorous.

How could anyone not think that's funny?

You don't kneel at the alter of Beck, do you?

SassyLady
07-05-2010, 12:19 AM
How could anyone not think that's funny?

You don't kneel at the alter of Beck, do you?

No...I'm just not into this type of humor...sarcasm .... and I'm also not into people starting a conversation by being condescending ...."kneel at the alter" sounds like you automatically have no respect for anyone who does watch Beck.

Sitarro
07-05-2010, 02:33 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtlOBa6qa3o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtlOBa6qa3o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lewis Black is an idiot playing to an audience of morons, works for him.

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
No...I'm just not into this type of humor...sarcasm .... and I'm also not into people starting a conversation by being condescending ...."kneel at the alter" sounds like you automatically have no respect for anyone who does watch Beck.

Hey - watch whatever the fuck you want, I have zero issue with that.

I do have a problem with how way, WAY too many people idolize political personalities. We have become a fucking mess of a society. Fat, lazy, gullible, impressionable. Nobody thinks for themselves, we're polarized and will take positions because they're pre-defined and not because they make sense (march in lockstep sort of thing)...

Beck is an entertainer. So is Rush. They sell advertisement space - and a lot of it which makes their shows virtually unlistenable.

The fact that someone might be offended because Beck was the butt of a very funny comedy routine says a lot.

Listening to Rush today, I caught the end of a segment, then commercials. Then he comes back, talks for a minute (ONE MINUTE), then commercials. Then comes back and talks for less than a minute. I'm not bullshitting - less than one minute.... then commercials.

Anyone who sits through all those commercials to catch a few seconds of actual talk show talk needs a fucking lobotomy.

I find myself agreeing with Rush half the time and the other half I find myself recognizing that he's just fluffing up the audience in one manner or another. Beck is a rhetoric recycler, he targets the especially dim and impressionable market apparently.

Too many people take these guys waaaaaaay too seriously and that's testament to what we have become as a society.

http://aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sheep_tagged.jpg

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Glen Beck is a sick one and his followers are even sicker. Even a casual listening to his hate, anger, paranoia and fearfulness is entirely revealing of his very sick mental state. Why would anyone want to follow the bullshit that he proposes and the ideologies that he embraces? It is genuine sickness.

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Sick? I don't think his message is sick. Freedom, responsibility, accountability? That's sick?

He's corny and an entertainer, that's my point - but his message is only sick to those who fear freedom, responsibility and accountability.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Beck is an entertainer. So is Rush. They sell advertisement space - and a lot of it which makes their shows virtually unlistenable.

The fact that someone might be offended because Beck was the butt of a very funny comedy routine says a lot.

Listening to Rush today, I caught the end of a segment, then commercials. Then he comes back, talks for a minute (ONE MINUTE), then commercials. Then comes back and talks for less than a minute. I'm not bullshitting - less than one minute.... then commercials.

Anyone who sits through all those commercials to catch a few seconds of actual talk show talk needs a fucking lobotomy.

Too many people take these guys waaaaaaay too seriously and that's testament to what we have become as a society.

Xm Satellite, ba-bay!

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Sick? I don't think his message is sick. Freedom, responsibility, accountability? That's sick?

He's corny and an entertainer, that's my point - but his message is only sick to those who fear freedom, responsibility and accountability.

I love and have gone to war to fight for freedom, responsibility and accountability. I doubt if Glen Beck has ever took a good shit thinking about these American responsibilities. You are correct. He is an entertainer and seriously I don't care for his humor as so many take it for some kind of wicked truth?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

American news seekers deserve better than his evil horseshit.

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I love and have gone to war to fight for freedom, responsibility and accountability. I doubt if Glen Beck has ever took a good shit thinking about these American responsibilities. You are correct. He is an entertainer and seriously I don't care for his humor as so many take it for some kind of wicked truth?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

American news seekers deserve better than his evil horseshit.

Psychoblues

Thank you for serving.

What is "evil" about Beck's program? Give me an example.

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Thank you for serving.

What is "evil" about Beck's program? Give me an example.

Everything. Can we get back to the comedy of Lewis Black?

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Everything. Can we get back to the comedy of Lewis Black?

Psychoblues

Well, you changed the subject - at least in the direction it was currently taking.

But I'm curious. You made that statement, I was hoping you could back it up with objective examples.

I mean, I wouldn't want you to be considered a baseless rhetoric shit slinger or anything like that.

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Well, you changed the subject - at least in the direction it was currently taking.

But I'm curious. You made that statement, I was hoping you could back it up with objective examples.

I mean, I wouldn't want you to be considered a baseless rhetoric shit slinger or anything like that.

Oh,,,,,,do you mean like your entertainer, gb? Lord knows forever not!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh,,,,,,do you mean like your entertainer, gb? Lord knows forever not!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Pretty much what I expected.

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Pretty much what I expected.

Seriously? Do you like kissing his ignorant and hate mongering ass?

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Seriously? Do you like kissing his ignorant and hate mongering ass?

Psychoblues

Did you even read my comments on him earlier?

You made the statement that he was evil. I simply asked you to give an example of how he is evil. You have not so far.

What fucking planet are you from?

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Did you even read my comments on him earlier?

You made the statement that he was evil. I simply asked you to give an example of how he is evil. You have not so far.

What fucking planet are you from?

Earth. Are you that fucking stupid?

Just how long do you want to carry on this juvenile diatribe?

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Earth. Are you that fucking stupid?

Just how long do you want to carry on this juvenile diatribe?

Psychoblues

Not much longer at all. I have a rule of thumb to not get caught up in debates with idiots.

Thanks for playing.

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Not much longer at all. I have a rule of thumb to not get caught up in debates with idiots.

Thanks for playing.

I simply responded in kind to your bullshit. You want to carry on? No? Your weakness, not mine.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
07-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey - watch whatever the fuck you want, I have zero issue with that.

I do have a problem with how way, WAY too many people idolize political personalities. We have become a fucking mess of a society. Fat, lazy, gullible, impressionable. Nobody thinks for themselves, we're polarized and will take positions because they're pre-defined and not because they make sense (march in lockstep sort of thing)...

I find myself agreeing with Rush half the time and the other half I find myself recognizing that he's just fluffing up the audience in one manner or another. Beck is a rhetoric recycler, he targets the especially dim and impressionable market apparently.

http://aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sheep_tagged.jpg

And, I have no issue with people who watch Lewis Black or any comedian that makes their living putting other people down.....I think the way comedians personally attack public figures (in the name of humor) is what has led society to feel it's OK to be rude and personally attack and put down anyone they want to in ... including people they've never met.

I made an honest comment that I didn't find it funny and you took it personally, and then turned it into a personal attack on me and anyone else who might not like it. I didn't say the routine wasn't funny.....there are lots of people in the world who love sarcasm .... I said I didn't find it funny. Huge difference.

Psychoblues
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
And, I have no issue with people who watch Lewis Black or any comedian that makes their living putting other people down.....I think the way comedians personally attack public figures (in the name of humor) is what has led society to feel it's OK to be rude and personally attack and put down anyone they want to in ... including people they've never met.

I made an honest comment that I didn't find it funny and you took it personally, and then turned it into a personal attack on me and anyone else who might not like it. I didn't say the routine wasn't funny.....there are lots of people in the world who love sarcasm .... I said I didn't find it funny. Huge difference.

Could we absolve with the whining?

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 09:19 PM

And Beck doesn't put people down for a living?

You must not listen to his show much.

First, I didn't take anything personally. You are mistaken on that point. Second, I didn't turn anything into a personal attack on you. I'm not sure why you're on such a defensive. Got something to hide?

Third... eh, I better leave it at that, you might have a meltdown.

HogTrash
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Not funny at all...This is obviously nothing more than left-wing media hate propaganda loosely disguised as comedy.

Yes, I am a Glenn Beck fan...You know why?...Because I haven't bought into this "left-wing media hate propaganda".

SassyLady
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
And Beck doesn't put people down for a living?

You must not listen to his show much.

First, I didn't take anything personally. You are mistaken on that point. Second, I didn't turn anything into a personal attack on you. I'm not sure why you're on such a defensive. Got something to hide?

Third... eh, I better leave it at that, you might have a meltdown.

Sooooooooo.....clarifying a point makes a person defensive? Hmmm...that's a new one to me.

Something to hide? Seriously, this is a discussion about whether the routine Black did about Beck was funny ..... some people think it is and some don't. Why would you think anyone had anything to hide just because they posted their opinion about the subject?

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Sooooooooo.....clarifying a point makes a person defensive? Hmmm...that's a new one to me.

Something to hide? Seriously, this is a discussion about whether the routine Black did about Beck was funny ..... some people think it is and some don't. Why would you think anyone had anything to hide just because they posted their opinion about the subject?

English comprehension clearly isn't your strong point.

I asked if you had something to hide because you're clearly defensive on the subject. You're clearly defensive on the subject because you're wrongly accusing me of making personal attacks and taking your lack of a sense of humor personally.

Now re-read that slowly and try to connect the dots.

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Not funny at all...This is obviously nothing more than left-wing media hate propaganda loosely disguised as comedy.

Yes, I am a Glenn Beck fan...You know why?...Because I haven't bought into this "left-wing media hate propaganda".

It all makes sense now. Lewis Black is BO's propaganda czar and is covertly working to discredit the right wing media.

Brilliant!

HogTrash
07-05-2010, 10:02 PM
It all makes sense now. Lewis Black is BO's propaganda czar and is covertly working to discredit the right wing media.

Brilliant!Not quite, Lewis Black is a typical hollywood crowd insider and simply another liberal media flunky among many.

You aren't seriously implying that you're not aware that 99% of the entertainment industry is hardcore liberals?

SassyLady
07-05-2010, 10:10 PM

I asked if you had something to hide because you're clearly defensive on the subject. You're clearly defensive on the subject because you're wrongly accusing me of making personal attacks and taking your lack of a sense of humor personally.

Wow ..... personal attacks again.....why are you having such a problem with someone who clearly stated they didn't find the video funny? Either you agree or disagree....I disagreed and you came back with an attack ... accusing me of "kneeling at the alter" and then later making reference to "sheep" among others .... as a put down. And then you accuse me of being defensive because I chose to clarify something.

Methinks you are the one that has the issues. :coffee:

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Not quite, Lewis Black is a typical hollywood crowd insider and simply another liberal media flunky among many.

You aren't seriously implying that you're not aware that 99% of the entertainment industry is hardcore liberals?

Relax, I know the general consensus of the Hollywood stereotype, but when it comes to comedy, I don't give a shit. I like comedy, I like Lewis Black.

You do however prove one thing, and that's the polarization of our society. People are programmed to laugh at stuff that they politically agree with and refuse to acknowledge that otherwise funny stuff is funny if they don't.

It's all part of the de-evolution of our species. People cannot think for themselves any more, they're acting in lockstep to some ideology that's been forced into their minds. The majority of our society can no longer rationalize, responses and reactions are highly predictable. We see it in our culture, race relations, politics, news coverage, schools, workplace.

The art of rationalization has passed us by.

HogTrash
07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Relax, I know the general consensus of the Hollywood stereotype, but when it comes to comedy, I don't give a shit. I like comedy, I like Lewis Black.

You do however prove one thing, and that's the polarization of our society. People are programmed to laugh at stuff that they politically agree with and refuse to acknowledge that otherwise funny stuff is funny if they don't.

It's all part of the de-evolution of our species. People cannot think for themselves any more, they're acting in lockstep to some ideology that's been forced into their minds. The majority of our society can no longer rationalize, responses and reactions are highly predictable. We see it in our culture, race relations, politics, news coverage, schools, workplace.

The art of rationalization has passed us by.Normally I would agree, but the United States is in such a serious mess and much of it is due to the support given to far left politics by an extremely biased media, hollywood and press.

They are no longer entertainment and news, but self-avowed enemies of America and our way of life...I find it hard to laugh at those who work to destroy my childrens future.

actsnoblemartin
07-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I do think the glen beck piece was funny, but on the same token.

I like to laugh, I wish we had more conservative comedians that made fun of liberals

funny is funny to me, but you got a point

SassyLady
07-05-2010, 10:29 PM
I do think the glen beck piece was funny, but on the same token.

I like to laugh, I wish we had more conservative comedians that made fun of liberals

funny is funny to me, but you got a point

I think I'm too old to find humor when it's so brutal like it is today ... which is why I never liked Saturday Night Live.....my husband and kids love it, but I can't watch it.

And, guess what Noble....I still love my hubby and kids even though I don't like the same type of humor....and, I don't berate them or put them down for liking it.....just being honest about what I like and don't like. :cheers2:

Abbey Marie
07-06-2010, 01:02 AM

You are attacking the wrong person. You might want to read up on MKP's contributions and reconsider these insults. Just sayin'.

actsnoblemartin
07-06-2010, 01:15 AM
i didnt mean to berate or make you feel bad

:(

I think I'm too old to find humor when it's so brutal like it is today ... which is why I never liked Saturday Night Live.....my husband and kids love it, but I can't watch it.

And, guess what Noble....I still love my hubby and kids even though I don't like the same type of humor....and, I don't berate them or put them down for liking it.....just being honest about what I like and don't like. :cheers2:

Sweetchuck
07-06-2010, 04:10 PM
You are attacking the wrong person. You might want to read up on MKP's contributions and reconsider these insults. Just sayin'.

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm responding.

Sorry, but I don't suffer people well who can't carry on a simple conversation, so I stopped conversing with this guy.

SassyLady
07-06-2010, 04:51 PM
i didnt mean to berate or make you feel bad

:(

Of course you didn't Noble....what I was saying was that "I" wouldn't berate someone for liking a different kind of humor...that my own family and I don't agree on what is funny....so smile...you didn't make me feel bad at all.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not attacking anyone, I'm responding.

Sorry, but I don't suffer people well who can't carry on a simple conversation, so I stopped conversing with this guy.

I was referring to MrsKurtsprincess, who besides being far from a guy, can more than carry on a simple conversation. To whom were you referring?

Sweetchuck
07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I was referring to MrsKurtsprincess, who besides being far from a guy, can more than carry on a simple conversation. To whom were you referring?

That's the guy. Or gal.

If there's a trick to conversing with this... person, clue me in. I haven't had much success using english with her.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
That's the guy. Or gal.

If there's a trick to conversing with this... person, clue me in. I haven't had much success using english with her.

Aw, come on now, I was just starting to like you, too. Methinks you have judged MKP on one post, though I suggested that you read up on her before doing that.

She is intelligent, respectful, knowledgeable on many subjects, and I admire her (not that you care about a stranger's opinion, I'm sure). I think you will find that most people here feel the same about her.

Sweetchuck
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Aw, come on now, I was just starting to like you, too. Methinks you have judged MKP on one post, though I suggested that you read up on her before doing that.

She is intelligent, respectful, knowledgeable on many subjects, and I admire her (not that you care about a stranger's opinion, I'm sure). I think you will find that most people here feel the same about her.

Maybe you're right, I'll give her another shot.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Maybe you're right, I'll give her another shot.

:beer: