PDA

View Full Version : Sotu 2006

grunt
04-28-2007, 10:57 PM
(Yet) there is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success, and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom. And second-guessing is not a strategy.
President Bush, 2006 SOTU speech

diuretic
04-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Funny how words come back to bite you on the arse isn't it?

04-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Funny how words come back to bite you on the arse isn't it?

How exactly is this biting anyone?

Dilloduck
04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
How exactly is this biting anyone?

It's not----it's another one of those hyper-partisan remarks that has no basis in reality. Typical knee jerk response by Bush haters.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
His empty words are haunting him.

04-29-2007, 08:54 PM
His empty words are haunting him.

In what possible way are they haunting him???

His statement is true today as it was when he said it. Sadly the Libs havent learned that.

diuretic
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
(Yet) there is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success, and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom. And second-guessing is not a strategy.
President Bush, 2006 SOTU speech

Let me see.

difference between - responsible criticism that aims for success

defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure.

Meaningless phrases, meaningless.

Using the word "responsible" and placing it there with "criticism" is a weak effort. It wants the reader to believe that "criticism" has as moral nature, it can be "responsible" or "irresponsible" (apparently). I suppose he reserves to himself the right to say which is which.

Defeatism. Defeatism means exactly what? Is pointing out a failure defeatism? Or is it "responsible criticism"?

See what I mean, meaningless words.

"Hindsight alone is not wisdom". Well. Okay George, we're walking along a bush track (yes, I meant it) and we find we're lost. What do we use to work out how we got lost? Hindsight. What does hindsight give us? A chance to go back and find out where we went wrong. Where we went wrong.

"Second-guessing" is not a strategy. No, it's called "responsible criticism that aims for success". :lol:

What a mess of junk those words are.

Come on then, give me your best shot.

diuretic
05-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I got a best shot! It came with a red tag :lol: