PDA

View Full Version : NBC Poll - More Bad News For Obama

red states rule
07-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Another poll shows America is losing confidence in Obama and the Dems.

Friday's tepid employment report imperils Democrats who insist their recovery initiatives are on the right track, but also could pose a challenge for Republicans, who risk looking like they favor legislative inaction in the face of continued suffering.

The stubbornly high joblessness ignited another round of debate over the Democrats' current push to extend unemployment benefits and continue stimulus spending, an argument whose outcome could determine the results of the November elections.

"People have lost confidence in what the Democrats are doing," said Republican strategist David Winston. "But that is not enough of a reason to vote for Republicans. Republicans still have to answer the question, 'Why us?' "

Democrats have dubbed this "Recovery Summer," with President Barack Obama traveling the country to highlight economic-stimulus spending. On Friday, Mr. Obama announced a push to bring broadband service to 66 communities, which he said would create 5,000 jobs.

"We're moving forward," Mr. Obama said. "To every American who is looking for work, I promise you we are going to keep on doing everything that we can."

But such claims may resonate less amid fears that the recovery is slowing. In a recent Wall Street Journal/ NBC News poll, 50% of voters disapproved of Mr. Obama's handling of the economy, while 46% approved.

"The Democrats' so-called 'Recovery Summer' is just an empty marketing slogan," said Rep. Tom Price (R., Ga.).

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that nonfarm payrolls fell by 125,000 in June, partly due to the winding down of 225,000 temporary Census jobs. Private businesses created 83,000 jobs, less than many economists expected.

Since Mr. Obama took office, Democrats and Republicans have engaged in a broad debate over the best way to reignite the economy. Democrats have pushed to spend money on job creation and aid to the unemployed, while Republicans have argued for cutting the deficit and reducing regulations.

Republicans seem to be winning the argument for the moment, at least as far as the public is concerned. In the Journal/NBC poll, 63% of voters said lawmakers should worry more about keeping the deficit down, while 34% said they should worry more about boosting the economy.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704699604575343320597880474.html

KarlMarx
07-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Why should anybody be surprised now? The Democrats are long on talk and short on results. Because of their refusal to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, they are at least partly responsible for the financial mess that we're in and they will not acknowledge it. Furthermore, their answer to the problems that we face is more of the same that got us into the mess that we're in.

Furthermore, their leader is someone who was abandoned by both his mother and his father, thus making him a control freak. And what or who does he want to control? All of us! He wants to dictate to us which insurance plan we should have, he wants to dictate to us how we will transact our business with our banks, he wants to dictate to us how much money we can keep for ourselves, and the list goes on.

Now, if I remember my history, another control freak named King George III was oppressing the 13 colonies and they revolted. And from what I've read, his level of control was much less than the Blunderer-in-Chief's. I look forward to November when we, as a nation, can give the Democrats a big black eye and a sucker punch to the gut. That's what they deserve for getting us into this mess, that's what they deserve for doing nothing about it, that's what they deserve for making things worse.

As far as I'm concerned, Democrats can screw up a one car funeral on a one way street. They do nothing well unless if, of course, you consider making a total mess of things something desirable.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/165544.JPG

Gaffer
07-05-2010, 08:07 AM
That's a great sign.

namvet
07-05-2010, 09:23 AM
and the tea party is on the March to pour salt on these leech's

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
"Queeny"

:lol::lol::lol:

red states rule
07-05-2010, 02:35 PM
"Queeny"

:lol::lol::lol:

Damn I am looking forward to November. If I am breathing I am voting. I will climb over 4 foot snow drifts to get to the polls and vote against every Democrat running

A Senate seat pickup in PA for the Republicans is looking good

Gaffer
07-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Damn I am looking forward to November. If I am breathing I am voting. I will climb over 4 foot snow drifts to get to the polls and vote against every Democrat running

A Senate seat pickup in PA for the Republicans is looking good

If your not breathing you'll be voting democrat. :poke:

red states rule
07-06-2010, 04:56 AM
If your not breathing you'll be voting democrat. :poke:

It is impresssive how in every election Dems get 100% of the cemetery vote. I can see an ACRON rep walkng thru a cemetery and filling out voter registration forms right now