PDA

View Full Version : Dying Lockerbie bomber 'could survive for 10 years or more'

red states rule
07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Libs fell for another sob story and show once again why they cannot be trusted when it comes to deafting terrorists

I wish Noir was still around - he was saying how this was a good thing since the poor guy was going to die

I wonder if Noir would admit he fell for a "pity the terrorst sob story" hook, line, and sinker?

Professor Karol Sikora, who assessed Abdelbaset Ali Mohmet al-Megrahi for the Libyan authorities almost a year ago, told The Sunday Times it was "embarrassing" the bomber had outlived his three-month prognosis.

Megrahi, 58, is the only person convicted of the 1988 bombing of a US Pan Am jumbo jet over Lockerbie, which left 270 dead.

The Scottish government provoked outrage from the United States when it released him from prison in August 2009 on compassionate grounds because he dying of metastatic prostate cancer.

In Scotland, prisoners are eligible for release on compassionate grounds if they have fewer than three months to live.

A report in the Sunday Times said Libyan authorities, keen to secure Megrahi’s release, asked several experts to put a three-month estimate on the bomber’s life but Professor Sikora was the only one to agree.

Professor Sikora, the dean of medicine at Buckingham University and medical director of CancerPartnersUK in London, was paid for his medical assessment of Megrahi at Greenock prison on July last year.

He told the newspaper: “There was always a chance he could live for 10 years, 20 years ... But it's very unusual.

"It was clear that three months was what they were aiming for. Three months was the critical point.

"On the balance of probabilities, I felt I could sort of justify [that]."

He denied he came any under pressure, but admitted: "It is embarrassing that he's gone on for so long."

"There was a 50 per cent chance that he would die in three months, but there was also a 50 per cent chance that he would live longer."

Saif Gaddafi, eldest son of leader Colonel Gaddafi, said in May that Megrahi was still "very sick" with cancer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/7871234/Dying-Lockerbie-bomber-could-survive-for-10-years-or-more.html

Gaffer
07-05-2010, 07:29 AM
A little bribe money goes a long way. That doctor was bought and paid for. Another islamist goes unpunished and a western government is made to look foolish. The dark lord is probably going to have him over for dinner.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 07:32 AM
A little bribe money goes a long way. That doctor was bought and paid for. Another islamist goes unpunished and a western government is made to look foolish. The dark lord is probably going to have him over for dinner.

and a sob story goes even further with liberals. I am no longer surprised to watch liberals demand mercy for terrorist bastards like this guy - while openly wishing for the death of their political opponents in America

Gaffer
07-05-2010, 08:03 AM
This guys now a poster boy for islamic recruiters. A captured terrorist is just changing jobs. Instead of being active in combat he's now a recruiter.

I do hope when the big mass killing happens that it's a real liberal city.

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
It's a fucking miracle!!!

Praise Allah!!!

I mean really, did anyone really think this guy was released for humanitarian purposes?

red states rule
07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
It's a fucking miracle!!!

Praise Allah!!!

I mean really, did anyone really think this guy was released for humanitarian purposes?

Alot of liberals did

Our member Noir did - but he no longer posts here

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Alot of liberals did

Our member Noir did - but he no longer posts here

I'm sure, I was being sarcastic.

There was a deal made. What it was I'm not sure, but rest assured it's there.

red states rule
07-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm sure, I was being sarcastic.

There was a deal made. What it was I'm not sure, but rest assured it's there.

The liberal suckers will say that NOW he is getting good medical care and that is why is going to live longer

Sweetchuck
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
The liberal suckers will say that NOW he is getting good medical care and that is why is going to live longer

We should model our healthcare system after Libya's then.

:laugh2:

red states rule
07-06-2010, 06:08 AM
We should model our healthcare system after Libya's then.

:laugh2:

Well, when the libs attempt to model our helathcare system after the UK fails - they might try that

revelarts
07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
So um since he's outlived his prognosis, and has had his expected several months of "mercy" then I'd say
weeelll it looks like it's time to go pick him up and put him back in jail to complete the rest of his life sentence.