PDA

View Full Version : 1 Person Killed, 23 People Wounded

crin63
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
When we have a massive attack like this something has to be done.

By Mark Geary, Reporter
By Richard Pratt

Story Created: Jul 4, 2010 at 12:11 PM CDT

Story Updated: Jul 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM CDT
BELLEVUE, Iowa — The Des Moines Register is reporting this morning that 60-year-old Janet Steines of Springbrook has died from her injuries and 23 others were injured after two horses broke loose at a Fourth of July “Heritage Day Parade” in Bellevue and charged down the street for six blocks.

Police in Bellevue say that a 60-year-old woman has died of injuries she sustained in the accident. The Register identified the woman as Steines, citing a death notice posted on the Web site of Hachmann Funeral Home and Cremation Service. Twenty-three people were injured, including at least two children who were in critical condition, police and hospital officials said.

The horses took off after one rubbed its head against the other, removing that horse’s bridle, police said. The horses, with a wagon in tow, galloped for several blocks, running over children and adults who sat and stood along the streets watching the parade in Bellevue. At one point, the wagon flipped, ejecting two people in it, police said.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/97767114.html

I guess its time to register horses, run background checks on the owners, and make the owners pass a written exam in order to own a horse.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to those injured or the lady who was killed.

However I do mean to mock and disrespect anti-gun Liberals!

jon_forward
07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
By all means yes, we must be protected from ourselfs at all cost!!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sweetchuck
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
They should run background checks, license and make owners of any animal pass a written exam because everyone who is an irresponsible asshole idiot who has lack of concern and simple consideration for anyone around them owns a dog that they can't take care of and/or cause a general nuisance by owning something viscous where kids are around, letting them shit anywhere they want and leave them chained up in the yard barking all day (and on weekend), let them jump all over and sniff your balls or your wife's twat when you walk into their house.

I don't think every animal owner is an irresponsible jerk, just - oh, maybe 75% of them.

revelarts
07-07-2010, 02:49 AM
who made the wagon they obviously are have some responsibility in this.
Is the Horses mother still alive. It should not have any more colts or be more strictly regulated. Did you no that most Colts in the world are born in the U.S. for the world wide illegal Horse market.

Don't get me started on Cars...