PDA

View Full Version : SanFran falling into the sea!

gabosaurus
04-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, at least a small part of it. Unfortunately, the small but most vitally important part of S.F that affect those of us who cross the Bay on a daily basis.

http://www.sfgate.com/

I am blaming the 900-foot Jesus that used to hang out with Oral Roberts.

Pale Rider
04-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, at least a small part of it. Unfortunately, the small but most vitally important part of S.F that affect those of us who cross the Bay on a daily basis.

Just because you had to slap Jesus in the face for this less than interesting story, he'll smite you, and all of sanfranqueerco. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The whole city is damned to fall off into the ocean. You with it.

gabosaurus
04-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Not me. I am going back to Anaheim in a couple of weeks. :laugh2:

If God was really responsible, He would not have done it on a Sunday morning, thus causing my husband and I to miss our church services in Oakland.

Pale Rider
04-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Not me. I am going back to Anaheim in a couple of weeks. :laugh2:

If God was really responsible, He would not have done it on a Sunday morning, thus causing my husband and I to miss our church services in Oakland.

Wait a minute now.... I'm a little confused.... you take every opportunity available, and then some to bash Christianity, ANY YOU GO TO CHURCH? :eek: :confused:

gabosaurus
04-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Since when have I ever bashed Christianity? I am a Christian. I wasn't born into a Christian family or raised as one, but Jesus eventually found me. I was married in a church. We are members of a Full Gospel Church in Oakland.
Why are you surprised?

Pale Rider
04-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Since when have I ever bashed Christianity? I am a Christian. I wasn't born into a Christian family or raised as one, but Jesus eventually found me. I was married in a church. We are members of a Full Gospel Church in Oakland.
Why are you surprised?

You sure have a short memmory jihad.....

.... what was that?

gabosaurus
04-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Short memory? My God is the God of ALL people. God created the separate cultures and religions for a reason. Muslims worship God. He may have a different name, but Allah is still God. So is Buddha. Understanding different cultures and religions is a cornerstone towards loving your neighbor, which is one of the basic tenets of Christianity.

The second comment was a joke. Perhaps you do not have a sense of humor. You should develop one. :poke:

Are you a Christian, Pale?

Pale Rider
04-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Short memory? My God is the God of ALL people. God created the separate cultures and religions for a reason. Muslims worship God. He may have a different name, but Allah is still God. So is Buddha. Understanding different cultures and religions is a cornerstone towards loving your neighbor, which is one of the basic tenets of Christianity.

The second comment was a joke. Perhaps you do not have a sense of humor. You should develop one. :poke:

I knew it was a joke. I thought it was just bashing. I didn't know you were a Christian. That's good.

Yes, I'm a born again Christian. Not a very good one mind you, but Christian all the same.

Mr. P
04-29-2007, 02:55 PM
The San Andreas Fault will take care of everything. Just a matter of time.

Pale Rider
04-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Yup. I was just trying to make it sound more ominous... :D

But it WILL happen.

KitchenKitten99
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM

How would the liberal moonbats blame it on global warming...?

Mr. P
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM

Bush.

Dilloduck
04-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Stop Global Sinking !!!!

Mr. P
04-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Stop Global Sinking !!!!

Too much weight on the west coast to support! Fat bastards are sinkin the ship!! :laugh2:

Dilloduck
04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Too much weight on the west coast to support! Fat bastards are sinkin the ship!! :laugh2:

Manu is gonna kick your ass !:laugh2:

82Marine89
04-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm waiting for the conspiracy theorists to blame this on Bush. I would also like to see their explanation on the fuel melting steel girders.

Nuc
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
It is Bush's fault because of his opposition to gay marriage. Totally hypocritical considering that Rice and Cheney are gay.

Sitarro
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM

Funny, I don't believe my God advocates slowly slicing the heads off of other people with a dull knife while chanting his name just because they don't believe the same things you do. Allah is no God! Mohammed was a shit ass and Islam is a joke, a very bad joke! All religions are not equal.

Nuc
04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Short memory? My God is the God of ALL people. God created the separate cultures and religions for a reason. Muslims worship God. He may have a different name, but Allah is still God. So is Buddha.

Buddha most definitely is NOT God or a god. Where do you get this dumbass information from?

One of the main reasons Buddhism is superior to all other religions is because there is no god worship.

Trigg
04-30-2007, 10:07 AM

Huge loss, I'm sure we'll all miss the wackos who have dog psychologists :cuckoo:

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Funny, I don't believe my God advocates slowly slicing the heads off of other people with a dull knife while chanting his name just because they don't believe the same things you do. Allah is no God! Mohammed was a shit ass and Islam is a joke, a very bad joke! All religions are not equal.

Are you prepared to defend the actions of all Christian extremists? If so, then let's start with Phelps, Jim Jones and assorted abortion clinic bombers.

If not, then why should the Muslim religion have to defend the actions of all Muslim extremists?

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Huge loss, I'm sure we'll all miss the wackos who have dog psychologists :cuckoo:

Wow, such compassion Christian brother. :rolleyes:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Are you prepared to defend the actions of all Christian extremists? If so, then let's start with Phelps, Jim Jones and assorted abortion clinic bombers.

If not, then why should the Muslim religion have to defend the actions of all Muslim extremists?

no.....the shouldn't

manu1959
04-30-2007, 10:41 AM

Is compasion a requirement? or a choice?

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Is compasion a requirement? or a choice?

It's both if you claim to be a follower of Christ's teachings.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM

not possible to be a choice and a requirment....

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM

You can choose not to follow requirements genius.

shattered
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM

How technical do you want to be? IMO, you can CHOOSE to do something, which may have specific REQUIREMENTS... I know, I'm nitpicking..

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
You can REQUIRE me to wear shoes to Wal-Mart. That doesn't mean I will...or do :laugh:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 10:50 AM
You can REQUIRE me to wear shoes to Wal-Mart. That doesn't mean I will...or do

so it is a choice...and i don't have to be compasionate then....:fu:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
How technical do you want to be? IMO, you can CHOOSE to do something, which may have specific REQUIREMENTS... I know, I'm nitpicking..

where is OCA when i need him.....:poke:

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 10:52 AM
so it is a choice...and i don't have to be compasionate then....:fu:

You're right, you don't have to be compassionate. And God will send you to hell for being a selfish person.

shattered
04-30-2007, 10:52 AM
where is OCA when i need him.....:poke:

He's done for, and taking a nap to recover. :coffee: :poke:

-Cp
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Why are you surprised?

Being "born into a Christian family" or "being members of a church" doesn't make you a Christian anymore than walking into a McDonald's makes you a hamburger...

Additionally, your assertions that God created religions is absurd...

MAN created religions - God can't stand religions - do you know who Christ attacked the most during his 33-year tenure here on Earth? The RELIGIOUS...

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 11:15 AM
So, you are defining "religion" as any belief in a "God" or set of "gods" other than what you specifically believe?

Just wondering.

Here is how the dictionary defines religion:

re·li·gion (rĭ-lĭj'ən) Pronunciation Key
n.

A. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
B. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
So, you are defining "religion" as any belief in a "God" or set of "gods" other than what you specifically believe?

Just wondering.

Here is how the dictionary defines religion:

atheisim is #4

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
atheisim is #4

Let's put it to the test:

A. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

No.

No.

Self-referencing definition that will only work if atheism actually is a religon. Suspend this one until the other definitions are resolved, and then make a judgement.

3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

No.

You could make an argument for this one, I suppose, but I don't think it fits. You don't have to pursue it with zeal or conscientious devotion. So...No.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Let's put it to the test:

No.

No.

Self-referencing definition that will only work if atheism actually is a religon. Suspend this one until the other definitions are resolved, and then make a judgement.

No.

You could make an argument for this one, I suppose, but I don't think it fits. You don't have to pursue it with zeal or conscientious devotion. So...No.

you are self proclaimed aethist and you are certainly trying to disprove your zeal with great zeal.....so yes....

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 11:53 AM
you are self proclaimed aethist and you are certainly trying to disprove your zeal with great zeal.....so yes....

Heh, does one person define all of atheism? Yes, I express myself with great zeal...and I love a good philosophical or political debate...but great zeal is not a requirement for being an atheist.

Trigg
04-30-2007, 12:53 PM

1. I was joking

2. I don't have to have compassion for everyone.

You might want to lay off the caffein and relax

manu1959
04-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Heh, does one person define all of atheism? Yes, I express myself with great zeal...and I love a good philosophical or political debate...but great zeal is not a requirement for being an atheist.

no.....didn't say zeal was a requirement...pointed out that atheisim meets the definition of a religion...

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
no.....didn't say zeal was a requirement...pointed out that atheisim meets the definition of a religion...

By what definition? Obviously, the ones posted above from the dictionary don't fit...

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM

My first thought, "GOOD"

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
My first thought, "GOOD"

Why do you hate your fellow Americans and the beautiful city of SanFran so much?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM

As will the rising sea waters caused by the coming Climate Change... what's your elevation, P, maybe you'll have beach front property soon...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Yup. I was just trying to make it sound more ominous... :D

But it WILL happen.

and tornadoes, hurrrricanes, droughts and floods will rend and tear your neck o' the woods too, Pale... no matter in which ever neck of the woods you are in, Pale, cuz God'll find you... and he has a natural disaster just right for you...

so where are you?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Hey Fuzz ball, which of these men do you consider to be liberal moonbats? Any of them? All of them?

Top Brass Fear Climate Change
Retired military leaders warn of global instability
(http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/85/i17/8517notw3.html)

THREATS TO national security from climate change are large and should be considered an integral part of U.S. security and defense planning. Those are among the conclusions in a report released last week by a panel of 11 retired high-ranking admirals and generals.

The study, "National Security and the Threat of Climate Change," was organized by the nonprofit corporation CNA. Particularly for already fragile parts of the world, climate change is a "threat multiplier," the military leaders said in the report, which would exacerbate conditions that lead to failed states and create a breeding ground for extremists and terrorists.

They warned of extreme storms, drought and flooding, sea level rise, and a host of environmental calamities that, unless abated, would result in massive migrations of people, famine, greater border tensions, and conflicts over food and water.

Consequently, the U.S. should play a stronger national and international role to help stabilize climate change at levels necessary to avoid disruption to global security, the report said.

"There is a relationship between carbon emissions and our national security," said retired Gen. Gordon R. Sullivan, panel chairman and former Army chief of staff. The evidence is there, he continued, adding that "we have to start paying attention."

...snip

Climate Change doesn't need your permission to be.

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
As will the rising sea waters caused by the coming Climate Change... what's your elevation, P, maybe you'll have beach front property soon...

The climate change is a non-issue, IMO. What needs to be fixed NOW is this honey bee die off that threatens us now.

manu1959
and tornadoes, hurrrricanes, droughts and floods will rend and tear your neck o' the woods too, Pale... no matter in which ever neck of the woods you are in, Pale, cuz God'll find you... and he has a natural disaster just right for you...

so where are you?

you all are starting to sound like the end of the world christian moonbats

TheStripey1

Gab? The freeway fell IN Oakland... not in San Francisco... and it doesn't even affect the commute TO the city, just those that have to return home to CoCoCounty after working all day in SF... and of course, those that want to travel to the airport from Berzerkly and points east... they'll be adversely affected as well... but...

there are lots of alternative routes, it's just that everyone else knows about them too...

not a good scenario... and I'm sure glad I don't go to SF anymore... it's going to be screwed up for months...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
you all are starting to sound like the end of the world christian moonbats

2012 according to the Mayans... are you ready?

manu1959
04-30-2007, 02:45 PM
The climate change is a non-issue, IMO. What needs to be fixed NOW is this honey bee die off that threatens us now.

i had tons of bees in my yard this weekend..........

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

nope... it's a BIG issue, sticking your head in the sand about it won't make it go away... and yep, the demise of the honey bee will sure nuff alter our life, too...

we need more farmers to go organic... those that still get rain, that is... howzit in Georgia, P? getting any rain this year?

manu1959
04-30-2007, 02:46 PM
2012 according to the Mayans... are you ready?

2012 in the mayan calendar has come and gone

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM

You may have em all..The say 60% of the bees have died on the left coast, 70% in other parts of the Country.

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM

that's nice... here too... and they weren't in the least bit affected by the freeway collapse...

manu1959
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
that's nice... here too... and they weren't in the least bit affected by the freeway collapse...

i know .... and they said fire can't melt steel....fyi moved to the other side of the tunnel....:cheers2:

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
i know .... and they said fire can't melt steel....fyi moved to the other side of the tunnel....:cheers2:

Fire didn't do it...BUSH DID! Geeezzzzzz

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 02:53 PM

Nobody ever says this. Where does this nonsense come from? Do you want somebody to blame Bush?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
2012 in the mayan calendar has come and gone

I guess you're safe then...

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Nobody ever says this. Where does this nonsense come from? Do you want somebody to blame Bush?

WTT 9/11 fire couldn't weaken the steel, blah,blah...BUSH did it. Did you forget?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM

wellll... now that you mention it...

:dance:

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
WTT 9/11 fire couldn't weaken the steel, blah,blah...BUSH did it. Did you forget?

Nope... but I'm surprized you remembered... must be the ginko...

laffs...

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM

What are you blathering about? How do you think steel is forged? With ice? What level of special education do you have? Half of your above post isn't even legible. Geez.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
What are you blathering about? How do you think steel is forged? With ice? What level of special education do you have? Half of your above post isn't even legible. Geez.

well actually yes....some steel is forged with ice water....

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:02 PM

during the quenching part of the process... which usually comes after the part where the steel is dare I say it... fired...

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Apparently more than you. :laugh2:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
during the quenching part of the process... which usually comes after the part where the steel is dare I say it... fired...

fired = melted no?

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:05 PM

So now "you" are saying what a Christian must and must not do? How do "you" know these things? Please show me where "you" learned this.

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Back to the topic... the Cal Trans talking heads say that one of the sticking points in how fast it is repaired may be getting steel fabricated for the project... that there is a shortage of steel...

Now that's really ironic because just to the east of the freeway collapse sits a huge mall... where many, many years ago, a large steel mill used to be...

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:06 PM
You're right, you don't have to be compassionate. And God will send you to hell for being a selfish person.

No, he won't.

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 03:06 PM

You mean it's cooled with ice water. It's forged with heat.

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 03:07 PM
So now "you" are saying what a Christian must and must not do? How do "you" know these things? Please show me where "you" learned this.

Bump you. Say please.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Back to the topic... the Cal Trans talking heads say that one of the sticking points in how fast it is repaired may be getting steel fabricated for the project... that there is a shortage of steel...

Now that's really ironic because just to the east of the freeway collapse sits a huge mall... where many, many years ago, a large steel mill used to be...

yes ikea is there now....did you hear watenburg this morning talking about the railroad car infill system he devised back in 89 for just this type of thing....it is sitting in a cal trans yard in the southbay

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:10 PM

No, but narcissism is. You're too wraped up in yourself to believe in a God, and you don't have the will to have something like God to put constraints on your life.

You a queer?

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
You mean it's cooled with ice water. It's forged with heat.

forging is the entire process...cooling it or quenching it is one step in the process....

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
forging is the entire process...cooling it or quenching it is one step in the process....

ok fine you win

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM

so where are you?

:lmao: You try to sound all bad ass about something happening where I'm at, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS... :lmao:

Try looking in the upper right hand corner of this post genious.

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
:lmao: You try to sound all bad ass about something happening where I'm at, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS... :lmao:

Mars attacks. I distinctly remember martian invaders targeting Las Vegas in particular in that movie. Only Tom Jones was man enough to save the kooky cast.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Mars attacks. I distinctly remember martian invaders targeting Las Vegas in particular in that movie. Only Tom Jones was man enough to save the kooky cast.

psssssssst las vegas is in souther nevada

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Actually, cooling hot metal can be done in many different ways, and with different things, such as water or oil. This proccess is called tempering. If molten/hot metal is allowed to cool all by itself, it won't have a temper.

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
No, but narcissism is. You're too wraped up in yourself to believe in a God, and you don't have the will to have something like God to put constraints on your life.

You a queer?

First, Narcissism is not a requirement for being an atheist. The atheist isn't the one that believes a supreme being created the world for their benefit. The atheist isn't the one that believes that there is a "divine plan" behind everything. That there is a personal "God" who listens to your prayers. That there is an afterlife set up when you die. Etc, etc, etc.

But, even if it were true, that all atheists are narcissists, it wouldn't make atheism false. :)

Second, I don't see believers in a "God" as being more moral folks than those that don't. Actually, I don't see believers in a "God" as even being able to agree on too much, when it comes to morality...much less follow the morality that they have chosen better than the non-believers.

Third, no, I'm not gay. Why do you ask?

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:24 PM

I remember that movie. I was wierd funny.

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
psssssssst las vegas is in souther nevada

I can't win today.

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Actually, cooling hot metal can be done in many different ways, and with different things, such as water or oil. This proccess is called tempering. If molten/hot metal is allowed to cool all by itself, it won't have a temper.

all true....and we all know we like our steel to be a touch angry :laugh2:

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I can't win today.

Take a few weeks off...:laugh2:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I can't win today.

must be opposite day.....

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
First, Narcissism is not a requirement for being an atheist. The atheist isn't the one that believes a supreme being created the world for their benefit. The atheist isn't the one that believes that there is a "divine plan" behind everything. That there is a personal "God" who listens to your prayers. That there is an afterlife set up when you die. Etc, etc, etc.
I know all this. Atheism is a religon of self absorption.

But, even if it were true, that all atheists are narcissists, it wouldn't make atheism false. :)
Atheism is the love of ones self. You don't have any room for a God.

Second, I don't see believers in a "God" as being more moral folks than those that don't. Actually, I don't see believers in a "God" as even being able to agree on too much, when it comes to morality...much less follow the morality that they have chosen better than the non-believers.
"God" is the purveyor of morals. Morality does not come from man.

Third, no, I'm not gay. Why do you ask?
I didn't ask you if you were happy. I asked you if you were a queer.

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:34 PM
fired = melted no?

yep... melted... to a molten state...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Aren't all of those things found in .... the Bible (http://aol.bartleby.com/108/)?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:37 PM
No, he won't.

yes, He will... it's in the Bible...

manu1959
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
yep... melted... to a molten state...

like LAVA........RED HOT LAVA!!!!!!!!!!!

My body's burnin' like a lava from a Mauna Loa
My heart's crackin' like a Krakatoa
Krakatoa, east of Java, molten bodies, fiery lava

Fire, fire, burnin' bright
Turn on your love lava
Turn on your lava light
Fire, oh volcano, over you
Don't let your lava love turn to stone
Keep it burnin'
Keep it burnin' here at home

Oooo Hot Lava
Oooo Hot Lava

My love may be as high as the highest volcano
But the altitude is way too high
Well it gets so cold when you look at me that way---yeah
I just wanna have that hot lava
Lovin' me away

My love's mountin'
My love's eruptin' like a red hot volcano
Fire, oh volcano, over you
I gotta lotta lava love locked up inside me

My love's a lava bomb
Knock you in the head
Knock you in the head
Kick you in the lava bed
Over you, hot lava
Don't let your lava love turn to stone
Keep in burnin'

Oooo it's so hot
It's burnin' up in here
Oooo look out, it's about to erupt
Oooo my body's burnin' like a lava from a Mauna Loa
My heart's crackin' like a Krakatoa

Hot fire, red-hot fire
Lava, ohh, hot lava
Hot lava, red-hot lava
Hot lava, re-e-ed, hot lava
Oh hot lava

I'm gonna let it go
Let it flow like Pompeii or Herculaneum
Let it sizzle, let it rise
Don't let your lava love flow turn to stone
Keep it burnin'

I'm gonna jump in a crater
See ya later
Oooo hot lava
Oooo hot lava
Hot lava
Red hot lava
Hot lava
Red hot lava
Yeah

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:42 PM
yes ikea is there now....did you hear watenburg this morning talking about the railroad car infill system he devised back in 89 for just this type of thing....it is sitting in a cal trans yard in the southbay

no, missed that... but it's a good thing it wasn't sitting under the freeway... like the gear they use for the bridge retrofit was...

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 03:42 PM
I know all this. Atheism is a religon of self absorption.

So you claim. :rolleyes:
As I said, though, it seems to me that belief in "God" (or, at the very least, Christianity) portrays these qualities better.

Also, I don't see how you call atheism a religion...

Atheism is the love of ones self. You don't have any room for a God.

Yeah...again, I have no idea where you are getting this from.

"God" is the purveyor of morals. Morality does not come from man.

Then your "God" must be extremely confused, or deliberately evil to give such conflicting messages. Wife beating, cannibalism, war, castration, incest, etc....have been perfectly moral things to do. Christians don't agree on moral issues, either. They regularly disagree on such basic issues as abortion, the death penalty, the environment, women's role in the church, etc.

I didn't ask you if you were happy. I asked you if you were a queer.

Do you mean "queer" as in strange? Hmmm...I guess I'll let you be the judge of that.

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM

the upper corner of your post isn't visible when I'm replying, GENIUS...

are you trying to claim that where ever it is you live, and no, I haven't looked at your upper corner yet, that you don't get natural disasters? laffs... everywhere on this planet is susceptible to natural disasters... even under your house...

but I don't give a shit if you think you're safe where you live... no fur off my muzzle... be oblivious to reality... after all, you ARE a republican/right winger...

nuff said...

:dance:

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 03:51 PM

That's in southern nevada... hey, maybe PR's right... maybe northern Nevada IS the safest place in the USofA... but... it's in the middle of nowhere... and more than likely, he's surrounded by people just like him...

so no thanks... I like diversity.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Aren't all of those things found in .... the Bible (http://aol.bartleby.com/108/)?

All of "those things"? There's a lot of stuff in the Bible. Is that what you are refering to?

So you're saying the Bible teachs this and that, not you.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
yes, He will... it's in the Bible...

Sorry, no, he won't. If you're a born again Christian, you're going to heaven, period. Non believers go to hell.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Also, I don't see how you call atheism a religion...
You believe in atheism right?

Then your "God" must be extremely confused, or deliberately evil to give such conflicting messages. Wife beating, cannibalism, war, castration, incest, etc....have been perfectly moral things to do. Christians don't agree on moral issues, either. They regularly disagree on such basic issues as abortion, the death penalty, the environment, women's role in the church, etc.
Could you show me how any of the things you've listed were the work of my God? Seems to me you're talking about the devil, not God.

Do you mean "queer" as in strange? Hmmm...I guess I'll let you be the judge of that.
No denial... OK, you've as much as admitted to being a fag.

8 results for: queer

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
queer /kwɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kweer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, verb, noun
–adjective 1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
2. of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
3. not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
4. mentally unbalanced or deranged.
5. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a. homosexual.
b. effeminate; unmanly.
6. Slang. bad, worthless, or counterfeit.
–verb (used with object) 7. to spoil; ruin.
8. to put (a person) in a hopeless or disadvantageous situation as to success, favor, etc.
9. to jeopardize.
–noun 10. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a homosexual, esp. a male homosexual.
11. Slang. counterfeit money.
—Idiom12. queer the pitch, British Informal. to spoil the chances of success.

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Sorry, no, he won't. If you're a born again Christian, you're going to heaven, period. Non believers go to hell.

You have to walk the walk too Pale. That's part of the bargain. You can't spout hatred the way you do and expect a spot in heaven.

shattered
04-30-2007, 04:17 PM

When do I get my rocketship? :D

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:22 PM
the upper corner of your post isn't visible when I'm replying, GENIUS...
It is when you're reading it EINSTEIN.

are you trying to claim that where ever it is you live, and no, I haven't looked at your upper corner yet, that you don't get natural disasters? laffs... everywhere on this planet is susceptible to natural disasters... even under your house...
No, nothing has happened like what you're saying around here in millenia. See... you talk shit and sometimes it comes around to bite you in the ass.

but I don't give a shit if you think you're safe where you live... no fur off my muzzle... be oblivious to reality... after all, you ARE a republican/right winger...
Obviously you've mistaken me for someone who give a shit if you give a shit, liberal. And wouldn't quite say I'm a republican. I'm pretty disgusted with the whole lot.

nuff said...
I'll decide that.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
You have to walk the walk too Pale. That's part of the bargain. You can't spout hatred the way you do and expect a spot in heaven.

I don't know where you're getting your info, but yes, I WILL be going to heaven.

And please show me where I said I "hated". I'd really like to see that.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
When do I get my rocketship? :D

You're sitting on it.

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
You believe in atheism right?

Atheism is a word that describes a lack of belief. So, er...hard to answer that. I am an atheist. I have no belief in any God or set of gods. But that isn't really "believing in" atheism, if you get my drift.

Could you show me how any of the things you've listed were the work of my God? Seems to me you're talking about the devil, not God.

Ah, so now morality comes from more than one source... How do you think the "Devil" got whole societies to believe that those morals were a good thing?

But, let me turn it around. Can you show me how any morality, period, is the work of your "God"?

No denial... OK, you've as much admitted to being a fag.

I am not a cigarette! I take offense to that! :laugh2:

queer /kwɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kweer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, verb, noun
–adjective 1. strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.

Hey, if you want to play with definitions, I can do that all day long.

:dunno: I thought I was being clear when I said that I'm not gay. But, in any event, you never answered the question of why it matters.

shattered
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
You're sitting on it.

Bah. Looks like a damned office chair to me. Hmph.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Ah, so now morality comes from more than one source... How do you think the "Devil" got whole societies to believe that those morals were a good thing?
No, it doesn't. God teaches morality. The devil tears it down.

But, let me turn it around. Can you show me how any morality, period, is the work of your "God"?
It's all in the Bible. Why do you think they call it the "good book?"

:dunno: I thought I was being clear when I said that I'm not gay.
I always thought gay meant you were happy... :dunno:

But, in any event, you never answered the question of why it matters.
Because homos find atheism very convenient. The Bible says that there blood will be on their hands, and that homosexuality is an abomination.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Hang on.... the count down has commenced... :D

shattered
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM

*checks makeup; waits patiently* :cheers2:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Ground control to major tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Commencing countdown, engines on
Check ignition and may gods love be with you

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five,
Four, three, two, one, liftoff

This is ground control to major tom
Youve really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now its time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is major tom to ground control
Im stepping through the door
And Im floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet earth is blue
And theres nothing I can do

Though Im past one hundred thousand miles
Im feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell me wife I love her very much she knows

Your circuits dead, theres something wrong
Can you hear me, major tom?
Can you....

Here am I floating round my tin can
Far above the moon
Planet earth is blue
And theres nothing I can do.

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
All of "those things"? There's a lot of stuff in the Bible. Is that what you are refering to?

So you're saying the Bible teachs this and that, not you.

YOU asked where it was found... so I told you... but, frankly, I was surprized you didn't know where to find Christ's teachings, since you have already said you are a Christian.

I never claimed anything of the sort... are you confusing me, the peace tiger, with someone else?

Get a grip, PR...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 04:55 PM

uh huh, and suicide bombers get 70 virgins when they die... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight... know anyone that has ever actually BEEN to heaven, PR? and then returned to tell about it?

I guess tho, that you haven't read much of the new testament... it's in there you know, PR... where Jesus tells his followers who will and who won't be getting into heaven... and why...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't know where you're getting your info, but yes, I WILL be going to heaven.

And please show me where I said I "hated". I'd really like to see that.

Why it's in your every pore, PR... and in your posts too... but I'm not surprized that you fail to see it...

so do you actually read the bible? or just think that because you had a moment in church that that's all you have to do?

manu1959
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
uh huh, and suicide bombers get 70 virgins when they die... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight... know anyone that has ever actually BEEN to heaven, PR? and then returned to tell about it?

I guess tho, that you haven't read much of the new testament... it's in there you know, PR... where Jesus tells his followers who will and who won't be getting into heaven... and why...

Heaven..per David Byrne

Everyone is trying to get to the bar.
The name of the bar, the bar is called heaven.
The band in heaven plays my favorite song.
They play it once again, they play it all night long.

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

There is a party, everyone is there.
Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
Could be so exciting, and so much fun.

When this kiss is over it will start again.
It will not be any different, it will be exactly
The same.
Could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

Heaven is a place where nothing every happens.

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
No, it doesn't. God teaches morality. The devil tears it down.

Then how do you explain that whole societies have accepted those morals?

It's all in the Bible. Why do you think they call it the "good book?"

Er...not exaclty what I asked. I asked you to show morality is the work of your "God". Not give me a reference to a book that claims it, but gives absolutely no reason to believe it.

I always thought gay meant you were happy... :dunno:

Come now...you never heard homosexuality as being "gay"? That is truly hard to believe.

Because homos find atheism very convenient. The Bible says that there blood will be on their hands, and that homosexuality is an abomination.

Yup, this is another one of those things that Christians don't agree on. Many gays are Christian, btw.

BTW, the whole "homosexuality is an abomination" part is right next to the part where the Bible tells you how much you sell a slave for, right?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey, if you want to play with definitions, I can do that all day long.

:dunno: I thought I was being clear when I said that I'm not gay. But, in any event, you never answered the question of why it matters.

He's homophobic... and he thinks that everyone else is either one or like him... they're not of course... but he still thinks it's true...

purrsonally, I don't care what your sexual preferences are, LW... and I don't feel threatened by you or your views...

welcome to the fray...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:02 PM

laffs... use your imagination, shattered...

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 05:05 PM
purrsonally, I don't care what your sexual preferences are, LW... and I don't feel threatened by you or your views...

welcome to the fray...

Thanks!

Other people have welcomed me, as well and I appriciate it. Pale Rider even gave me a special welcome...:cool:

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:06 PM
. The Bible says that there blood will be on their hands, and that homosexuality is an abomination.

He also says that eating shellfish is an abomination... Do you eat shrimp? How about scallops? Crab? Lobster? Crawwwwwwwwwwwwdaddies? How about oysters? Do you eat any of those?

You know, Leviticus has a lot of laws that God alledgedly laid down about man's behavior... why do you concentrate on just homosexuality? Do you work on the sabbath? How about that little curl of hair that hangs down in front of the ear, still have yours?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
*checks makeup; waits patiently* :cheers2:

you won't be needing your makeup...

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:08 PM
He also says that eating shellfish is an abomination... Do you eat shrimp? How about scallops? Crab? Lobster? Crawwwwwwwwwwwwdaddies? How about oysters? Do you eat any of those?

You know, Leviticus has a lot of laws that God alledgedly laid down about man's behavior... why do you concentrate on just homosexuality? Do you work on the sabbath? How about that little curl of hair that hangs down in front of the ear, still have yours?

do you exchange gifts at christmas?

shattered
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
you won't be needing your makeup...

Don't be silly. You need makeup wherever you go.

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Heaven..per David Byrne

Everyone is trying to get to the bar.
The name of the bar, the bar is called heaven.
The band in heaven plays my favorite song.
They play it once again, they play it all night long.

There is a party, everyone is there.
Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Could be so exciting, and so much fun.

When this kiss is over it will start again.
It will not be any different, it will be exactly
The same.
Could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

Writing a song about what you think heaven is like is not the same as actually being there and then returning to tell all about it...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Yup, this is another one of those things that Christians don't agree on. Many gays are Christian, btw.

BTW, the whole "homosexuality is an abomination" part is right next to the part where the Bible tells you how much you sell a slave for, right?

Yep... that's true, LW, much to the chagrin of folks like PR and Fred Phelps...

Laffs... so very true too... I have often wondered what gives those that single out that one law in leviticus about homosexuality and then ignore all the others, the right to determine which of God's Laws to obey and which not to...

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Writing a song about what you think heaven is like is not the same as actually being there and then returning to tell all about it...

david has been there dude....

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks!

Other people have welcomed me, as well and I appriciate it. Pale Rider even gave me a special welcome...:cool:

did you check it for.... ___________?

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Yep... that's true, LW, much to the chagrin of folks like PR and Fred Phelps...

Laffs... so very true too... I have often wondered what gives those that single out that one law in leviticus about homosexuality and then ignore all the others, the right to determine which of God's Laws to obey and which not to...

cafeteria christians..........you know....order off the menu what suits you

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
do you exchange gifts at christmas?

sometimes... do you hide easter eggs for the kids?

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:17 PM

not in heaven, silly... you'll be purrrrrrrrrrrrfect there...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:18 PM
david has been there dude....

sure he has...

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM

Not me, it runs when I cook anyway..I gave up. :laugh2:

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
cafeteria christians..........you know....order off the menu what suits you

dang... I wanna rep you for this one too... but alas... I can't... I have to spread it around more....

laffs...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Not me, it runs when I cook anyway..I gave up. :laugh2:

:poke: uhhhhh... :poke:

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:21 PM
sometimes... do you hide easter eggs for the kids?

i have a theory about the whole egg and giant bunny thing....and yes i am into the whole crass commercialism thing of all holidays...love to shop and buy stuff....oh it was a diversion to distract the Romans so the bunny could roll the rock away and Jesus could escape…

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
i have a theory about the whole egg and giant bunny thing....and yes i am into the whole crass commercialism thing of all holidays...love to shop and buy stuff....oh it was a diversion to distract the Romans so the bunny could roll the rock away and Jesus could escape…

laffs... well, that's as good a reason as any of the others I've heard about the easter bunny and his brightly colored eggs... wait a minute... I'm not sure that I've heard ANY other reasons...

yours must be true then, manu...

Mr. P
04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
:poke: uhhhhh... :poke:

Naahhhh not me...have no fear, I'm a straight-up guy.

shattered
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM

Boys that love to shop?? **swooooon**

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Naahhhh not me...have no fear, I'm a straight-up guy.

I wouldn't be threatened even if you weren't, P... PR might be, but not me...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM

Men in your area don't like to buy things for their women? Maybe you should move...

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM

yep....for my birthday last year i took my wife and two of her freinds shopping for the day at santana row in san jose....lots of cool high end shops....

shattered
04-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Men in your area don't like to buy things for their women? Maybe you should move...

Oh, they're happy to hand over their wallets.. just not actually walk in to a store. :D

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh, they're happy to hand over their wallets.. just not actually walk in to a store. :D

i like going to victoria secret and asking the sales girl to try stuff on....

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM

that's not as much fun... I purrfurr to do my own shopping...

tyvm...

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 05:48 PM
i like going to victoria secret abd asking the sales girl to try stuff on....

there you go again... and me with no reppage to give you yet...

shattered
04-30-2007, 05:52 PM
i like going to victoria secret and asking the sales girl to try stuff on....

Now why doesn't that surprise me in the least?

manu1959
04-30-2007, 05:55 PM

hey you wouldn't go with me....i would have let you try stuff on for me............

TheStripey1
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM

cuz he's a guy... and guys are like that... at least all the guys I know...

Sitarro
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
laffs... use your imagination, shattered...

Kinda reminds me of what I read in a Port-a-let on a golf course construction site in Tuscon....... " You have entered a Mexican Space Shuttle, sit down, strap on and get ready for blast off!". Someone was using a bunch of imagination that day.

Construction Port-a-lets on new golf courses being built, interesting study in racism from both sides. The smells are really awful though in 115 degree heat next to a large area of irrigated grass.

how about a restroom graffiti thread?:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

shattered
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
hey you wouldn't go with me....i would have let you try stuff on for me............

I won't worry until you start trying it on yourself. :D

manu1959
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I won't worry until you start trying it on yourself. :D

not my cup of tea

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 06:21 PM
YOU asked where it was found... so I told you... but, frankly, I was surprized you didn't know where to find Christ's teachings, since you have already said you are a Christian.

I never claimed anything of the sort... are you confusing me, the peace tiger, with someone else?

Get a grip, PR...

Listen, should I call you Toni? "YOU" were the one that made the claim of full knowledge of what's in the Bible. YOU refered to it as "stuff".

I've read the Bible front to back. I know what's in there. I was trying to find out if you did. Evidently you don't.

Take your meds and relax Toni.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 06:23 PM

If you knew as much as you'd like me to believe about the Bible and Christianity, you'd know that believing you're going to heaven is an act of "faith". Christianity is a "faith based" religon.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Why it's in your every pore, PR... and in your posts too... but I'm not surprized that you fail to see it...

so do you actually read the bible? or just think that because you had a moment in church that that's all you have to do?

OK... I see where you're going with this. You want to see who can piss furthest. :pee:

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 06:30 PM
What morals?

Er...not exaclty what I asked. I asked you to show morality is the work of your "God". Not give me a reference to a book that claims it, but gives absolutely no reason to believe it.
If you don't believe anything that's written in the Bible, then no amount of trying to convince you otherwise will help.

Come now...you never heard homosexuality as being "gay"? That is truly hard to believe.
Not in my day son. The word gay meant to be happy, gleeful, until the queers highjacked it trying to cutsie up their image.

I really didn't need the Bible to tell me homosexuality was wrong. I'm normal. I know it's wrong. The fact that it's in the Bible is for those who need to be told.

Know anybody like that? ahem....:poke:

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
He's homophobic... and he thinks that everyone else is either one or like him... they're not of course... but he still thinks it's true...

welcome to the fray...

Aaaahh... toni.... a "phobia" is the "fear" of something. I'm not "afraid" of faggots. I think they're disgusting, but no, they don't scare me son. Your use of the word just shows you've learned that lesson in your liberal handbook. "When you can't beat the opposition, start calling them names."

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't be threatened even if you weren't, P... PR might be, but not me...

Not threatened toni. Disgusted, but not threatened. Maybe the thought of another man shoving his cock in your mouth turns you on, but it disgusts me.

typomaniac
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
i like going to victoria secret and asking the sales girl to try stuff on....I'm still trying to convince them to hold a "50 percent off" sale. ;)

(Not that Pale would have any interest in one.) :gay:

Lightning Waltz
04-30-2007, 07:34 PM
What morals?

That cannibalism, war, incest, castration, slavery, etc...are good things.

If you don't believe anything that's written in the Bible, then no amount of trying to convince you otherwise will help.

I don't believe in anything that is in the Bible without reason to believe it is true...

Not in my day son. The word gay meant to be happy, gleeful, until the queers highjacked it trying to cutsie up their image.

Oh, so you admit that you DID know what I was referring to. Good.

I really didn't need the Bible to tell me homosexuality was wrong. I'm normal. I know it's wrong. The fact that it's in the Bible is for those who need to be told.

Know anybody like that? ahem....:poke:

I wonder why "God" made so many animals gay.

Nuc
04-30-2007, 07:37 PM

In fact that's how He spread AIDS to the gays. Simian/human sex in Africa. It's all part of His plan. Get with the program!

gabosaurus
04-30-2007, 08:47 PM
What does any of this have to do with my original thread?

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
That cannibalism, war, incest, castration, slavery, etc...are good things.
That's not God's work. That's the work of the devil.

I don't believe in anything that is in the Bible without reason to believe it is true...
Fair enough.

Oh, so you admit that you DID know what I was referring to. Good.
Of course I knew what you were saying. And you knew the point I was making when I said I didn't know if you were happy or not.

You don't believe in God, so how can you claim he made queer animals?

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm still trying to convince them to hold a "50 percent off" sale. ;)

(Not that Pale would have any interest in one.) :gay:

Fish for a fag buddy somewhere else butt boy.

Pale Rider
04-30-2007, 11:05 PM
What does any of this have to do with my original thread?

LOL! :laugh:

Nuc
05-01-2007, 12:32 AM
If you knew as much as you'd like me to believe about the Bible and Christianity, you'd know that believing you're going to heaven is an act of "faith". Christianity is a "faith based" religon.

That's one of the lame things about it. No accountablility. According to this theory Jeffery Dahmer is in heaven because in the end he repented and had "faith". Hope you enjoy your time in heaven with Jeff. You guys can teach Sunday school together. If you guys are there, I definitely don't want to be.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 03:05 AM
That's one of the lame things about it. No accountablility. According to this theory Jeffery Dahmer is in heaven because in the end he repented and had "faith". Hope you enjoy your time in heaven with Jeff. You guys can teach Sunday school together. If you guys are there, I definitely don't want to be.

Yeah whatever mister, "I love to bash Christianity." We all know you hate us. So what... :gives:

Nuc
05-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Yeah whatever mister, "I love to bash Christianity." We all know you hate us. So what... :gives:

I stood face to face and talked with the man who killed Jeffery Dahmer. His name is Christopher Scarver. He may go to heaven as well, and what you think about it doesn't really matter. Enjoy your time in hell.

I don't really think it's "bashing". I'm pointing out that there's no accountability there and an easy way out. It's my opinion that part of Christianity is unhealthy. What motivation is there to lead a clean life if you know all you have to do is repent a split second before the axe falls and you're all right? For example I have a dumbass "Christian" friend who cheats on his wife, lies to everybody he knows habitually, is unethical in business, etc. He says flat out that he doesn't care because he repents every day before going to bed and thinks that cleans the slate. Everybody else pays the price for his brand of Christianity. Maybe there's another kind of Christianity that doesn't give people this cop out. If so I can respect that.

I prefer Buddhism because the law of karma is the same as "cause and effect". You are accountable for your actions. Isn't that what you preach regarding welfare, crime, drugs, reproduction, etc.? Why does religion get a free ride?

Under what circumstances did you meet Scarver?

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 03:26 AM
I don't really think it's "bashing". I'm pointing out that there's no accountability there and an easy way out. It's my opinion that part of Christianity is unhealthy. What motivation is there to lead a clean life if you know all you have to do is repent a split second before the axe falls and you're all right? For example I have a dumbass "Christian" friend who cheats on his wife, lies to everybody he knows habitually, is unethical in business, etc. He says flat out that he doesn't care because he repents every day before going to bed and thinks that cleans the slate. Everybody else pays the price for his brand of Christianity. Maybe there's another kind of Christianity that doesn't give people this cop out. If so I can respect that.

I prefer Buddhism because the law of karma is the same as "cause and effect". You are accountable for your actions. Isn't that what you preach regarding welfare, crime, drugs, reproduction, etc.? Why does religion get a free ride?

Under what circumstances did you meet Scarver?

You're "friend" just sounds like he's a turd. The fact that he says he's a Christian just gives Christianity a bad name.

I was a Maintenance Mechanic IV working for the State of Wisconsin at the Supermax Prison in Boscobel, Wisconsin. He was there. I was doing some work in a small cell at the end of the corridor right next to his cell. He wondered what I was doing and I told him. Tall guy, soft spoken, but a killer none the less.

Nuc
05-01-2007, 03:29 AM
You're "friend" just sounds like he's a turd. The fact that he says he's a Christian just gives Christianity a bad name.

Yep he is a turd, I was using the term "friend" loosely. Associate is more like it.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Yep he is a turd, I was using the term "friend" loosely. Associate is more like it.

Personally, I don't think that "repenting" cleans anything. Like catholics going to confession. I think each and every Christian should stride to be the best Christian they can be. Your "associate" is using Christianity as a crutch to be a slimeball.

Nuc
05-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Personally, I don't think that "repenting" cleans anything. Like catholics going to confession. I think each and every Christian should stride to be the best Christian they can be. Your "associate" is using Christianity as a crutch to be a slimeball.

Agreed. Every Christian or every member of every religion should practice and not rely upon theories.

Except Muslims. They should not try to be good Muslims because good Muslims are bad people. They should be bad Muslims, you know, drink beer, eat pork, refrain from chopping off people's heads, wear bikinis, watch porn movies, etc.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Agreed. Every Christian or every member of every religion should practice and not rely upon theories.

Except Muslims. They should not try to be good Muslims because good Muslims are bad people. They should be bad Muslims, you know, drink beer, eat pork, refrain from chopping off people's heads, wear bikinis, watch porn movies, etc.

Give 'em time. The internet should take care of that.

Fountainhead
05-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Each day, and in every way, San Francisco separates itself further from the mainland.

First it was a massive earthquake that took-out a section of bridge. Then it was a cacophony of nut groups who delayed the construction of a new bridge. Now ... the immolation of a freeway bridge.

The goofballs who inhabit esseph grow more isolated from mainstream society with each passing day. All the jetsam and flotsam of our nation wash-up on the shores of San Francisco. Misfits of every description gather in this sanctuary city.

No. Jesus didn't burn the bridge. God didn't sever a section of upper deck.

No. It is the people of San Francisco who create their own isolation. San Franciscans don't like bridges. They don't welcome visitors to their insane asylum.

Lightning Waltz
05-01-2007, 07:08 AM
That's not God's work. That's the work of the devil.

Of course I knew what you were saying. And you knew the point I was making when I said I didn't know if you were happy or not.

Good! Then we understand each other. And I assume you understand my point when I pretended to not understand what you were saying when you were talking about being "queer" ro being a "fag".

You don't believe in God, so how can you claim he made queer animals?

You do believe in a "God"
You believe the animals were created by "God"
And there are gay animals.

So, how do you explain it?

Lightning Waltz
05-01-2007, 07:11 AM

I was a Maintenance Mechanic IV working for the State of Wisconsin at the Supermax Prison in Boscobel, Wisconsin. He was there. I was doing some work in a small cell at the end of the corridor right next to his cell. He wondered what I was doing and I told him. Tall guy, soft spoken, but a killer none the less.

But, does it matter in terms of his "eternal salvation" if he is a "turd" or not?

glockmail
05-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, at least a small part of it. ..... Maybe you could explain to us why that would be a bad thing? :poke:

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Fish for a fag buddy somewhere else butt boy.You're perfectly safe: I've got a legal marriage in all 50 states - to the same woman.

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Since when does a fire wrecking the Bay Bridge have anything to do with homosexuality? Unless tanker truck fires are genetic.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Since when does a fire wrecking the Bay Bridge have anything to do with homosexuality? Unless tanker truck fires are genetic.The koolaid drinkers of the right wing just hate everything about San Francisco, that's all.

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I am not a big fan of San Francisco myself. I am happy to only have to live here for one more year.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I am not a big fan of San Francisco myself. I am happy to only have to live here for one more year.Everything there is way overpriced, and they don't have a good handle on crime. Those are the only two negatives, though.

glockmail
05-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Everything there is way overpriced, and they don't have a good handle on crime. Those are the only two negatives, though. High taxes, liberals, queers....

You can keep it.

manu1959
05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Since when does a fire wrecking the Bay Bridge have anything to do with homosexuality? Unless tanker truck fires are genetic.

the fire was miles from the bay bridge.....