PDA

View Full Version : mother of jimnyc - has passed

darin
07-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Please send your prayers and support to Jim, Jeff, and...maybe one other? (large family, and i've lost track of members' relations to Jim) - due to the passing of their Mother this past sunday. Jim, naturally, won't be around to shepard us - he's busy trying to care for his natural family.

RIP Joan.

stephanie
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
we knew Joan from her posting on here, she was a wonderful lady and mother who raised some great kids.

I'm so sorry Jimmy and family, you have my condolences and prayers.

HogTrash
07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQscz5FVeik&feature=related
No I would not give you false hope
On this strange and mournful day
But the mother and child re-union
Is only a motion away,
oh, little darling of mine.

I can't for the life of me
Remember a sadder day
I know they say let it be
But it just don't work out that way
And the course of a lifetime runs
Over and over again

No I would not give you false hope
But the mother and child re-union
Is only a motion away,
oh, little darling of mine.

I just can't believe it's so,
and though it seems strange to say
I never been laid so low
In such a mysterious way
And the course of a lifetime runs
Over and over again

But I would not give you false hope
When the mother and child re-union
Is only a motion away,

Oh, oh the mother and child re-union
Is only a motion away
Oh the mother and child re-union
Is only a moment away

Peace

KarlMarx
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
My condolensces to Jim and his family during this very difficult time.

CSM
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
My sincerest condolences... may she rest in peace. I do remembere her posting here as well.

Kathianne
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Jeff and Jim, John and Janeen,
My condolences. Your mom was one great lady. May you all find peace and you're in my prayers.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Jim, Jeff, John and Janeen, I am so sorry. God bless the whole family.

Sweetchuck
07-06-2010, 04:16 PM
My condolences to you and your family, Jimmy.

jon_forward
07-06-2010, 04:20 PM
your family is in my prayers Jim, be strong my friend

Gaffer
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
My condolences too. Very sorry to hear this.

SassyLady
07-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Jim and Jeff ... wish I were there to give you hugs.....so sorry to hear about your mom. Take care .........

glockmail
07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Mine died over a year ago. I hope you both find great strength like she gave me.

actsnoblemartin
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
my prayers and condolences go out to jeff and jim

amen

:salute:

red states rule
07-07-2010, 06:50 AM
as always Jim God bless your MOm, you, and your family. She is in a better place now with no pain - enjoying her reward from God

KitchenKitten99
07-07-2010, 09:02 AM
:beer: A Toast to the memory a woman who was the creator of the creator of this board.

HogTrash
07-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Jim and Jeff ... wish I were there to give you hugs.....so sorry to hear about your mom. Take care .........You posted this last week in Jims birthday thread, Princess...http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=432810#post432810

SassyLady
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
You posted this last week in Jims birthday thread, Princess...http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=432810#post432810

happens to me a lot Hog......

jimnyc
07-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I saw this thread earlier in the week when I peeked in as a guest from NJ. I had a million things I was thinking of writing but can't seem to gather my thoughts properly. I just know that I lost the most important person of my life. A woman who made me think I was the most special person in the world. A woman that was always there for me no matter what might have been happening in our lives. She was not only the most loving Mom in the world but also one of my best friends. I could talk to her and cry when I was sad, and I was able to goof around with her at times as if she was a best friend.

I was there to see her last Friday evening and she perked up a bit when she saw me and we hugged. Saturday was a bit of up and down with her medicated and sleeping a lot, but we got to chat a little bit here and there - but it was obvious to me that she was peaceful. I truly believe she knew what was happening and knew where she was going. She came to terms with things, found God, and was ready to move on to the next chapter of her life. She passed early Sunday morning with my brother Jeff, myself and his wife at her side. It was a bit unexpected even with her being so ill, but all of her suffering has been left behind and now she is with her parents, her Grandson and all of her loving pets. I am confident they all greeted her with open arms. She was remembered by all of them until she got there and will never be forgotten by us until we get to be reunited when it's our time to be with her.

Here is her obituary on the site of the funeral home that handled all the services. The owner was my eldest brothers best friend and did such a wonderful job of handling the service and helping our family.

http://obit.costello-runyon.com/obitdisplay.html?id=803610&listing=Current

I want to thank all of you for your kind words and support. I'm gonna check things out here a little while this morning but might be a little MIA for a few days as I haven't really slept in nearly a week.

jimnyc
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I also wanted to share this writing. This was on the back of the prayer cards at the service for my Mom. I thought it was beautiful.

God looked around His garden
And he found an empty place.
He then looked down upon this earth,
And saw your tired face.
He knew that you were failing,
He knew your family's pain.
He knew that you could never,
be well on earth again
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb
So He closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered, "Peace be thine."
He put his arms around you
And lifted you to rest
And placed you in His garden,
filled with Heaven's best.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

crin63
07-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My condolences to both Jeff and Jim.

Psychoblues
07-12-2010, 03:09 AM
After speaking with Joan several times it was easy to understand the intelligence and drive of our board owner and operator, jimnyc. She and her sons are fantastic. God bless her in her now greatest journey and God bless Jimbo for sharing her with us.

My greatest condolences and gratitude to you, jimbo.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
07-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Jim and Jeff, I may not have known your mother, but she raised two fine young men

my deepest condolences to you both and may god bless you and keep you during this harrowing time :salute:

Jeff
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
I saw this a few days ago but just didn't feel much like logging on , I want to Thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers, MY Mom enjoyed this board and the people on it when she was still up to getting on , but she spoke of many of Y'all many times over the last year. It is funny how when someone comes to the board day in and day out never having met the people face to face but still feel connected, it makes a difference in peoples lives.

The thoughts and prayers coming from folks I have never met face to face have sure made a very difficult time a bit easier, Thank you all Again

5stringJeff
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Jim & Jeff, sorry to hear of your mother's passing.

CockySOB
07-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Jim and Jeff, my condolences on your Mom's passing. God be with you and your families.

Psychoblues
07-18-2010, 10:34 PM
What a tremendous influence she has had on this board as an individual and as the mother of the HNIC of this board. I will forever love them and the ideology supporting the board's existence.

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I am sorry I missed this thread sooner. My condolences. Let me know if I can do anything.

chloe
07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
To The J Brothers and there sister my deepest condolances, I am sorry for your loss and if any of you ever need anything don't hesitate to call. God Bless all of you !!!