PDA

View Full Version : Member of the Month-July

Kathianne
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Actsnoblemartin!

Congratulations, Martin. :beer: With Jim gone, the staff couldn't figure how to change the top banner, but you will note his details at the bottom of the main page.

hjmick
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Congrats Martin.

Abbey Marie
07-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Congratulations, Martin!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/62360255_0cfdba865f_o.jpg

CSM
07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Congratulations

actsnoblemartin
07-07-2010, 02:49 PM
yay

:thanks:

I mean, what an honor and a privalege, from a truly gold star board

Mr. P
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
You da man, Marty!!!

OCA
07-07-2010, 04:01 PM
LMFAO!:laugh2:

Gaffer
07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
LMFAO!:laugh2:

It's a position you will never hold.

red states rule
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM

The only award OCA would have a lock on would be if DP would establish a "Least Valuable Poster" award

Somehow I knew the internet punk would surface to make his first post in days on this thread - and ruin the best wishes being expressed toward the winner

gabosaurus
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
This is a joke, right? Surely you aren't serious.
I am waiting for Psychoblues to win in August. :rolleyes:

HogTrash
07-07-2010, 11:06 PM
No dought, God & April will be very proud of you Martin.

Hey, you might even get lucky tonight you ole pervert.

[with April, not God] :mm:

SassyLady
07-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Congratulations Noble!!!

stephanie
07-08-2010, 08:06 AM
:cheers2: Martin

OCA
07-08-2010, 02:34 PM

Suck up is not a position I strive for. I heard there are already plenty of lips at the feeding trough.

Hey Gaff, ever been a mod here?

OCA
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
The only award OCA would have a lock on would be if DP would establish a "Least Valuable Poster" award

Somehow I knew the internet punk would surface to make his first post in days on this thread - and ruin the best wishes being expressed toward the winner

You see the funny thing is that you would never say anything like that face to face..........whereas I would say all the truthful vile shit I know about you and more.......standing six inches from you.

Pennsylvania is a beautiful state.

red states rule
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
OCA removed from the discussion

gabosaurus
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Violence and threats of violence is no way to settle a dispute.
Still a stupid decision though.

red states rule
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Violence and threats of violence is no way to settle a dispute.

Well Gabby, to quote the left....

If you do like what your see - change the station. IOW - go to another thread

Seems there are only a few people here who would rather disrupt the thread rather then move on

actsnoblemartin
07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
wow, way to show your liberal colors

I dont agree with it, so its bad.

way to show your liberal tolerance crap o saurus

gabosaurus
07-08-2010, 11:22 PM
It's all a joke Martin. Laugh and go home. :D

Psychoblues
07-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Congrats, marteen!!!!!!!! I have no clue as to why the gabasaurus wants to dig me. She needs to find someone that digs her, don't 'cha know!!!!!!!

:beer::laugh2::beer:

Psychobues

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I regretted what I wrote the minute I finished writing it.

sorry love :beer:

hope you can forgive me

It's all a joke Martin. Laugh and go home. :D

Sweetchuck
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Couple of things.

First, congrats ANM. Well deserved recognition, you're a great guy here.

Who's April, btw?

Second, why did OCA get removed from the discussion? I'm still a relative newbie here and I understand this guy's a bit chaotic but what did he post that broke any rule?

I do agree though, PA is a beautiful state.

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2010, 10:26 PM
thanks for asking

April has been my best friend since 2001

Couple of things.

First, congrats ANM. Well deserved recognition, you're a great guy here.

Who's April, btw?

Second, why did OCA get removed from the discussion? I'm still a relative newbie here and I understand this guy's a bit chaotic but what did he post that broke any rule?

I do agree though, PA is a beautiful state.

jimnyc
07-10-2010, 08:19 AM

OCA did not break a specific written rule of the board. We try to adhere to only moderating when absolutely necessary, but we also try and keep a sense of decency, especially when it comes to certain celebratory threads, prayer threads and threads that we just know shouldn't be tainted by animosity or trolling. OCA is a decent fellow, but him and Martin have quite a history. If he would like to fight with Martin, he can do so in appropriate threads, but in the announcements section where we are recognizing the MOTM is not appropriate IMO. If we "always" stuck to only addressing such issues when written rules are broken, the decency of our "family" here would start dwindling. We can still utilize as little moderation as possible and try to keep a sense of decency and respect when necessary. I hope that made sense.

Sweetchuck
07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
OCA did not break a specific written rule of the board. We try to adhere to only moderating when absolutely necessary, but we also try and keep a sense of decency, especially when it comes to certain celebratory threads, prayer threads and threads that we just know shouldn't be tainted by animosity or trolling. OCA is a decent fellow, but him and Martin have quite a history. If he would like to fight with Martin, he can do so in appropriate threads, but in the announcements section where we are recognizing the MOTM is not appropriate IMO. If we "always" stuck to only addressing such issues when written rules are broken, the decency of our "family" here would start dwindling. We can still utilize as little moderation as possible and try to keep a sense of decency and respect when necessary. I hope that made sense.

Yes it does, thank you for answering that question.

And I don't disagree with the action now understanding the history.

Psychoblues
07-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Yes it does, thank you for answering that question.

And I don't disagree with the action now understanding the history.

I've been knowing jimbo for many years. We are most often on opposite ends of the same track but I think we respect one another appropriately. I think you also will be a tremendous mind in these conversations, Sweetchuck. I hope you hang around for awhile!!!!!!!!!! Many like you leave very quickly after the harassment of the die hard keyboard bandit shitheads that are allowed to post here. I'll be watching out for you as much as I can. PM me if you think you have a need to.

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I've been knowing jimbo for many years. We are most often on opposite ends of the same track but I think we respect one another appropriately. I think you also will be a tremendous mind in these conversations, Sweetchuck. I hope you hang around for awhile!!!!!!!!!! Many like you leave very quickly after the harassment of the die hard keyboard bandit shitheads that are allowed to post here. I'll be watching out for you as much as I can. PM me if you think you have a need to.

Psychoblues

What the fuck are you talking about?

PostmodernProphet
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
ironic that Martin will have to spend part of his month of glory by being banned.......

Sweetchuck
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah, ironic. I just noticed ANB was banned. Bummer.

What I don't understand is that there is a "member of the month" at the top of the forum (currently cp) and a "user of the month" at the bottom of the forum (currently our beloved, banned ANB).

Are these two separate recognitions?

Mr. P
07-12-2010, 10:45 PM
ironic that Martin will have to spend part of his month of glory by being banned.......

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Ain't it the truth!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

gabosaurus
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
The member of the month got banned? WTF is up with that? :p

NightTrain
07-13-2010, 01:06 AM
I'll be watching out for you as much as I can. PM me if you think you have a need to.

Psychoblues

What the fuck are you talking about?

Damn near ruined my laptop with that little exchange.

Kathianne
07-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Damn near ruined my laptop with that little exchange.

Well it's probably more coherent if one has a few :beer: :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
07-13-2010, 06:16 AM

What I don't understand is that there is a "member of the month" at the top of the forum (currently cp) and a "user of the month" at the bottom of the forum (currently our beloved, banned ANB).

no, just that the guy with the authority to change the banner on the top has been temporarily unavailable due to a death in the family.....

Abbey Marie
07-13-2010, 08:10 AM

Do you mean ANM?

They are the same- see PMP's post above.

Sweetchuck
07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Do you mean ANM?

They are the same- see PMP's post above.

Martin and cp are the same person?

PostmodernProphet
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM

cp was June's member of the month.....it hasn't been changed yet.....seriously, is this that hard to understand?.....

jimnyc
07-14-2010, 02:57 PM
My apologies to everyone for the delay and confusion. -Cp was MOTM for last month and Martin received this months honors. The "frames" at the top are hand coded so Darin put Martin's recognition at the bottom of the board temporarily, and I just put things back to the way they belong.

Congrats to Martin for his honors, and for his latest temporary ban! :laugh2:

Mr. P
07-14-2010, 03:31 PM
My apologies to everyone for the delay and confusion. -Cp was MOTM for last month and Martin received this months honors. The "frames" at the top are hand coded so Darin put Martin's recognition at the bottom of the board temporarily, and I just put things back to the way they belong.

You have nothing to apologize for, Jim. :beer:

darin
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM

yes.

gabosaurus
07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
I think you people need to re-vote for member of the month. Perhaps choose someone who actually deserves it this time.

Kathianne
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM

No. Cp is dmp's brother. Martin is autistic and trying to overcome it's effects.

red states rule
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM

Jim you had much more important things to deal with. no reason to be sorry for anything my friend

Sweetchuck
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
cp was June's member of the month.....it hasn't been changed yet.....seriously, is this that hard to understand?.....

No, I'm just fucking with yinz.

Mr. P
07-14-2010, 09:31 PM
No, I'm just fucking with yinz.

Being that ya just moved to ALA and being the good sort I am....a word of advice....Nex the "yinz" from yer speech or ya won't last a month. :poke:

EDIT: Oh, and don't speak..that PA accent will be suicide.

Sweetchuck
07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Being that ya just moved to ALA and being the good sort I am....a word of advice....Nex the "yinz" from yer speech or ya won't last a month. :poke:

EDIT: Oh, and don't speak..that PA accent will be suicide.

Couple of observations, and I've given this a lot of consideration.

First, I have a hard time understanding a thick, southern accent. I don't make any bones about it either and people generally understand. I've even had a few people not catch my yankee accent.

Second, the trick to northern and southern dialects is how one says the word "you". In the south, it's "y'all". In Appalachia it's "you'unz", and of course in Pittsburgh it's "yinz".

Easy trick to identify.

I've found that being a yankee in the south, I've been generally accepted. Partly because I'm a Steeler fan and we all know everyone everywhere is a Steeler fan.

Plus, I'm a likable guy.

Jeff
07-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Congrats Martin :beer:

PostmodernProphet
07-15-2010, 11:13 PM

no, I am CP and you are Martin....did you forget?......

Sweetchuck
07-15-2010, 11:53 PM
no, I am CP and you are Martin....did you forget?......

Huh, what? I thought I was Binky.