PDA

View Full Version : New financial reform bill increases discrimination against white males

darin
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh boy...holy cow...I'm warning you here and now, if you appear to be 'white', and are a male, your time is coming. Government-sponsored oppression folks.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2010/07/08/diversity_in_the_financial_sector_98562.html

I was searching the bill for a provision about derivatives. What did I find but Section 342, which declares that race and gender employment ratios, if not quotas, must be observed by private financial institutions that do business with the government. In a major power grab, the new law inserts race and gender quotas into America's financial industry.

In addition to this bill's well-publicized plans to establish over a dozen new financial regulatory offices, Section 342 sets up at least 20 Offices of Minority and Women Inclusion. This has had no coverage by the news media and has large implications.

The Treasury, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the 12 Federal Reserve regional banks, the Board of Governors of the Fed, the National Credit Union Administration, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau...all would get their own Office of Minority and Women Inclusion.

Each office would have its own director and staff to develop policies promoting equal employment opportunities and racial, ethnic, and gender diversity of not just the agency's workforce, but also the workforces of its contractors and sub-contractors.

What would be the mission of this new corps of Federal monitors? The Dodd-Frank bill sets it forth succinctly and simply - all too simply. The mission, it says, is to assure "to the maximum extent possible the fair inclusion" of women and minorities, individually and through businesses they own, in the activities of the agencies, including contracting.

How to define "fair" has bedeviled government administrators, university admissions officers, private employers, union shop stewards and all other supervisors since time immemorial - or at least since Congress first undertook to prohibit discrimination in employment.

Sometimes, "fair" has been defined in relation to population numbers, for example, by the U.S. Department of Education in its enforcement of Title IX, passed in 1972 as an amendment to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which pertains to varsity athletic opportunities for male and female undergraduates.

Sweetchuck
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
The financial reform bill has redistribution written all over it, the rest of the legislation is just a spit in the eye after the kick in the balls.

Think about it - guys like me who have several credit cards who pay them off each month and incur no service or interest charges (and no annual fee) are going to have to pay annual fees and service charges now that banks are going to be imposing these fees to make up the difference in the service charges they would otherwise be billing deadbeats for running up their credit card debts and not paying them.

Now, in addition to that, I get to enjoy being a caucasian male which is the new minority.