PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 4972 To Repeal Obamacare Has 108 Signatures

crin63
07-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I read elsewhere that its up to 108 signatures, 1/2 of whats needed. My RINO isn't listed as having signed the petition. I will be emailing him today.

July 12, 2010
Republican Rep. Steve King’s discharge petition aimed at repealing Obamacare

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King’s discharge petition, aimed at repealing Obamacare, is gaining momentum in the House as more representatives sign on.

Today Rep. Tom Price, Georgia Republican and chairman of the Republican Study Committee (RSC) is circulating a request that members support the petition. To date 80 representatives — all Republicans — have affixed their names to the document which, if a majority sign, would force House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to bring King’s bill, H.R. 4972 “To repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” to the floor for an up-or-down vote. If a majority sign the petition it is likely that King’s bill will pass, as those who sign will vote for his repeal.

King is urging the 34 Democrats who voted against the health-care legislation to sign onto the petition. He was enthusiastic about the support his motion has received.

“I am optimistic that we will be able to attract the 218 signatures we will need to force a vote on repealing ‘Obamacare.’ The past week has seen significant momentum building for repeal,” King said. “Signatures on the discharge petition have come more quickly than I had expected. This has been partly due to a large number of co-sponsors on the repeal bill, but it also demonstrates the effectiveness of the efforts of the Heritage Action Team and a boost from the Club for Growth. I have asked for a national cooperative effort by all organizations interested in restoring liberty by repealing ‘Obamacare.’”

Heritage Action for America is a new conservative advocacy spin-off group launched by the Heritage Foundation earlier this year. King’s discharge petition is its first national campaign. The Club for Growth, a free-market 527 group, has been supportive of the effort as well.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/06/30/republican-rep-steve-kings-discharge-petition-aimed-at-repealing-obamacare-gains-8-signatories/#ixzz0tTx4i7fe

http://dailycaller.com/2010/06/30/republican-rep-steve-kings-discharge-petition-aimed-at-repealing-obamacare-gains-8-signatories/

country
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I emailed my dem rep this am. He originately voted against the bill, but a little nudge won't hurt.
Thanks for the heads up.

Psychoblues
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I emailed my dem rep this am. He originately voted against the bill, but a little nudge won't hurt.
Thanks for the heads up.

My Dem rep, Bennie Thompson, voted for it and for very good reason. My Senators, however, are typical Mississippi simpletons and could never be accused of good common sense American value protections. For good measure, I will be hardmailing all of them. Emailing congresscritters is like pissing in the wind. Do I really need to explain the common metaphor in this instance?

Welcome to the board, country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
07-12-2010, 12:47 PM
"half of what's needed".....how many do you need to override Obama's veto?.......

Insein
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
2/3 majority. Don't have that yet. But at least it gets the mind set on record so when the elections swing the vote in our favor, hopefully we can push through the repeal. Its a long shot but someone has to try.