PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson, "racist" ???

HogTrash
07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I like Mel, but I'm waiting to see how he handles this latest blooper to decide if I have any respect for the man.

He obviously has some race issues, but will he once again deny it or man-up and tell the truth with no apologies?

Mr. P
07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I like Mel, but I'm waiting to see how he handles this latest blooper to decide if I have any respect for the man.

He obviously has some race issues, but will he once again deny it or man-up and tell the truth with no apologies?

They're all NUTS in Holy-wood. Why wait to see how Mel deals with this? How does it affect your life. It sure as hell has no affect on mine.

07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I don't really care. I'm not paying for his social views. I pay him only when he entertains me.

I'm much more concerned about racists who talk about killing crackers and their cracker babies.

hjmick
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Mel Gibson: Asshole with anger issues.

HogTrash
07-13-2010, 08:18 AM
They're all NUTS in Holy-wood. Why wait to see how Mel deals with this? How does it affect your life. It sure as hell has no affect on mine.The fact is, hollywood does seem to have a big affect on the lives of many Americans and I'm not going to deny this just because I think it's foolish.

What the entertainment industry thinks and says is portrayed in it's art and has a big impact on the lives of many Americans, especially the young.

The rapper/actor Ice Cube has had a successfull career dispite his blatant racism while because of a double standard, Gibson's will likely end over his.

Mel Gibson has strived to restrict his racism to his personal life and has never attempted to promote his racist views publicly or display it in his art.

The messege is sent that in America it is Ok to be a racist as long as you are not of the white race and too many people have come to accept this.

Do you now have a better understanding of this very serious problem?

Mr. P
07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
The fact is, hollywood does seem to have a big affect on the lives of many Americans and I'm not going to deny this just because I think it's foolish.

What the entertainment industry thinks and says is portrayed in it's art and has a big impact on the lives of many Americans, especially the young.

The rapper/actor Ice Cube has had a successfull career dispite his blatant racism while because of a double standard, Gibson's will likely end over his.

Mel Gibson has strived to restrict his racism to his personal life and has never attempted to promote his racist views publicly or display it in his art.

The messege is sent that in America it is Ok to be a racist as long as you are not of the white race and too many people have come to accept this.

Do you now have a better understanding of this very serious problem?

Nope. Why are you tagging him a racist?

Monkeybone
07-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Nope. Why are you tagging him a racist?

yah... he was just being non-PC about it.

Abbey Marie
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
What exactly did Mel Gibson say now?

HogTrash
07-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Nope. Why are you tagging him a racist?I was assuming that the latest news reports of a recently released taped phone conversation involving Mel Gibson is accurate.

I also assumed that most everyone had heard it by now, especially since it involved racism by a prominent white celebrity.

Abbey Marie
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I was assuming that the latest news reports of a recently released taped phone conversation involving Mel Gibson is accurate.

I also assumed that most everyone had heard it by now, especially since it involved racism by a prominent white celebrity.

Well, there's two of us just in this thread who haven't heard it.

HogTrash
07-13-2010, 09:56 AM
yah... he was just being non-PC about it.Correct.

HogTrash
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
What exactly did Mel Gibson say now?My 'bad' for making assumptions.

According to Radar, Gibson implies he will report his female staffer to immigration authorities, saying, "I will report her to the f---ing people that take f---ing money from the wetbacks."

In an earlier recorded conversation released last week, Gibson lashes out at Grigorieva, calling her "an embarrassment."

"You look like a f---ing pig in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of n----rs, it will be your fault," he says.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/07/08/2010-07-08_mel_gibson_caught_making_another_racial_slur_in _recorded_conversation_with_ex_ok.html?obref=obins ite#ixzz0tZhnZ1Bf

Gaffer
07-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Like the others I never heard about this. It's surprising because the media is usually all over this sort of thing when said by a white guy.

darin
07-13-2010, 10:48 AM
I support the right of people to be racists, and say racist things.

namvet
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
his 06 anti Semitic rants makes him a racist.

darin
07-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Rants don't make somebody a racist. Rants are a symptom.

namvet
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Rants don't make somebody a racist. Rants are a symptom.

true. but he did apologize to the jewish community for it

darin
07-13-2010, 11:54 AM
I think it's fine ppl apologize for hurtful things - insults, etc. However, people shouldn't apologize for their feelings/thoughts, etc in that regard.

namvet
07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I think it's fine ppl apologize for hurtful things - insults, etc. However, people shouldn't apologize for their feelings/thoughts, etc in that regard.

yes they should !!!!!!!

Mr. P
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
yes they should !!!!!!!

why?

namvet
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM
why?

thoughts are married to actions. your responsible for them. and his anti zionist racial remarks were unforgivable. he's a racists plain and simple. and now he's being investigated for spouse abuse.

he thought about it he did it. my opinion.

darin
07-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Thoughts aren't married to actions. I think about money a great deal; yet to steal money, however. Make sense?

I don't like liberal ideals. I think they are borderline evil. I don't attack liberals, etc....

namvet
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Thoughts aren't married to actions. I think about money a great deal; yet to steal money, however. Make sense?

I don't like liberal ideals. I think they are borderline evil. I don't attack liberals, etc....

you don't think about something before you do it????

Mr. P
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
thoughts are married to actions. your responsible for them. and his anti zionist racial remarks were unforgivable. he's a racists plain and simple. and now he's being investigated for spouse abuse.

he thought about it he did it. my opinion.

So I may be guilty of having sex with that scantily clad hard body I saw on the beach? Just because she was IN my thoughts? BS.

All the time..tis why she wasn't raped. :laugh2:

namvet
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
So I may be guilty of having sex with that scantily clad hard body I saw on the beach? Just because she was IN my thoughts? BS.

All the time..tis why she wasn't raped. :laugh2:

you thought about then you did it !!!! now what????

darin
07-13-2010, 02:49 PM

That's a different question/topic.

krisy
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I know the racist things he said were awful,but the conversation with his ex about her boobs and all that....who gives a sh*t? That's between him and her,why should I care? It's as bad as the Lebron thing.

Mr. P
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
you thought about then you did it !!!! now what????

A though of sex is not a crime...rape is. So, since a thought is just that and NOT an action nothing happened so there is no reason for "Now what".

HogTrash
07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
true. but he did apologize to the jewish community for itI suspect Gibson's apology had less to do with remorse and more to do with the fact that a jew has signed every hollywood check he ever earned.