PDA

View Full Version : Democrats fundraising in Canada

red states rule
07-14-2010, 04:45 AM
You know the Dems know the American voters are pissed off when they leave the US to raise money for their reelection bids

The Giannoulias Democratic Illinois Senate campaign confirmed Monday--after prodding from the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee--that Alexi Giannoulias was in Canada on Sunday attending a fund-raiser at a trial lawyer convention in Vancouver that would benefit his Senate campaign.

Despite my requests for Giannoulias whereabouts each day, the campaign decided not to disclose that Giannoulias flew to Vancouver on Sunday.

The campaign confirmed that Giannoulias was in Vancouver only after the NRSC sent out a press release Monday with the tip that Giannoulias was proabably in Vancouver and urging reporters to ask the Giannoulias campaign for confirmation. I am an equal opportunity hardliner on this: I've taken the Kirk campaign to task for not revealing where GOP Illinois Senate candidate Rep. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) goes for campaign cash as well as other people I have covered, from President Obama on down.

The Giannoulias campaign revealed Giannoulias whereabouts when I called and asked about the NRSC release. At that point, a campaign spokesman said the Giannoulias was in Los Angeles today for a round of West Coast fund-raising, mainly to cultivate relationships with donors, I was told.

The Vancouver fund-raiser was sponsored by the American Association for Justice's Committee for a Better Future. The price ranged from $43,200 to $250. The haul from the event was divided between 12 Democratic Senate candidates, according to the invitation (see the text of the invite at the click.). Foreign nationals cannot contribute to U.S. federal campaigns.

Trial lawyers overwhelmingly contribute to Democrats.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/07/what_giannouliasdid_not_want_y.html

Kathianne
07-14-2010, 04:50 AM
I'd say that's Chicago politics and not so much Democrats in general. Only here, with former government currently on trial and state deficit over $13 billion with bills going unpaid, would this turd still have a very good shot at winning.

Mark Kirk is much like Scott Brown in his conservative roots, but he's a hell of a lot better than Obama's basketball buddy, Giannoulias. The guy is a crook of the first order, which is saying a lot in Chicago.

red states rule
07-14-2010, 04:53 AM
I'd say that's Chicago politics and not so much Democrats in general. Only here, with former government currently on trial and state deficit over $13 billion with bills going unpaid, would this turd still have a very good shot at winning.

Mark Kirk is much like Scott Brown in his conservative roots, but he's a hell of a lot better than Obama's basketball buddy, Giannoulias. The guy is a crook of the first order, which is saying a lot in Chicago.

But what happened to Dems ranting about foreign donations influencing our elections?

Kathianne
07-14-2010, 05:01 AM
But what happened to Dems ranting about foreign donations influencing our elections?

If this happened, I hope Kirk acts. But I wouldn't count on it. BTW, for each party the complaints are when the other guy does it. China to Clinton was horrendous.

red states rule
07-14-2010, 05:10 AM
If this happened, I hope Kirk acts. But I wouldn't count on it. BTW, for each party the complaints are when the other guy does it. China to Clinton was horrendous.

I find this very telling after Dems and the liberal media went after the USSC and how they were "outraged" over part of their "Campaign Fiance Reform" was overturned

Why did we need "Campaign Finance Reform" in nthe first place? Answer - Clinton and his methods of rasing money