PDA

View Full Version : National Treasure

KitchenKitten99
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I can remember knowing this movie was in the theaters, but I never thought to see it myself, as I heard it wasn't very good. But I forgot about it until my mom lent her copy to me. I can't see how anyone would say this isn't a good movie. It is fast-paced, filled with historical (and some little-known) facts and references about our country and the founders. I know some of it is fictional, but it is still interesting.

I thought this movie was very underrated. I do see they are making a sequel, and I hope it turns out just as good.

Hagbard Celine
04-30-2007, 02:18 PM
It was underrated because everybody thought it was just a rip-off of the davinci code. However, taking into account how much of a let-down the davinci code movie was, it's not hard to imagine that this movie is at the very least better than its aforesaid progenitor. I remember being interested in seeing it when it was in theaters. It seemed like a mix between davinci code and the mummy.

superman8
05-25-2007, 01:56 AM
I just saw the trailer for the sequal and it looks very promising. I loved the first movie and hope the best for the sequal.

nevadamedic
05-25-2007, 01:59 AM
I can remember knowing this movie was in the theaters, but I never thought to see it myself, as I heard it wasn't very good. But I forgot about it until my mom lent her copy to me. I can't see how anyone would say this isn't a good movie. It is fast-paced, filled with historical (and some little-known) facts and references about our country and the founders. I know some of it is fictional, but it is still interesting.

I thought this movie was very underrated. I do see they are making a sequel, and I hope it turns out just as good.

It is an awesome movie.

05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
It was underrated because everybody thought it was just a rip-off of the davinci code. However, taking into account how much of a let-down the davinci code movie was, it's not hard to imagine that this movie is at the very least better than its aforesaid progenitor. I remember being interested in seeing it when it was in theaters. It seemed like a mix between davinci code and the mummy.

i never equated it with the da vinci code.

Hobbit
05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I just heard it was really cliche, so I waited and rented it when it came out on DVD...to my eternal regret.