PDA

View Full Version : MD an PA Will Offer Abortions Paid For Under Obamacare

red states rule
07-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Yes, Obama signed an "executive order" banning abortions paid with taxpayer money - but that is not stopping the government from paying for the murder of the unborn

Maryland will join Pennsylvania as the second state to use federal tax dollars to pay for abortions under the new health care law signed by President Barack Obama in March, according to information released by Maryland’s State Health Insurance Plan.

Maryland will receive $85 million in federal funds for its federally mandated high-risk insurance pool, which will cover abortions. As CNSNews.com reported on July 14, Pennsylvania will receive $160 million in federal funds for its high-risk insurance pool, which will also cover abortions.

During the debate over the health-care bill, President Obama delivered a speech to a joint session of Congress, saying: “Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions.”

The day the House voted to pass that bill, President Obama also signed an executive order purporting to prevent federal funding of abortions in the programs it created.

Rep. Mike Pence (R.-Ind.), the chairman of the House Republican Conference, said Friday that the fact that Maryland will now use federal dollars to fund abortions under a program mandated by the health-care law signed by President Obama represents a “broken promise.

"This is one more example of a broken promise in ObamaCare,” said Pence. “It is morally wrong to end an unborn human life and it is reprehensible to take taxpayer dollars from millions of pro-life Americans and use them to pay for abortions.”

Pence urged Congress to enact new legislation to stop abortion funding through the health-care law.

"I call on Congress to act quickly on critical legislation by Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) and Rep. Joe Pitts (R-PA) to stop the administration from using ObamaCare to fund abortions."

According to a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) fact sheet published by MHIP, its new Federal Plan will offer the same benefit package as its state-funded plans. “The MHIP Federal Plan offers the same benefit package as other MHIP plan options,” that document states. All five of MHIP's plans cover abortion, including one plan that requires no co-pay if the abortion is performed at an out-patient abortion clinic, according information found on page 53 of the 2010 MHIP Certificate of Coverage.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-cover/2010/07/18/maryland-becomes-second-state-offer-federally-funded-abortions-under-oba

and

http://marylandhealthinsuranceplan.state.md.us/mhip/news/News_20100707.html

and

http://marylandhealthinsuranceplan.state.md.us/mhip/news/News_20100707.html

country
07-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Obama also said "No new taxes on people making under $250,000". Now the new york times says the administration is defending the mandated health premiums as a tax. That would include me, and it would take me three years to make that much.

The ny times financial section has an interesting article on the subject.

Jeff
07-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Obama also said "No new taxes on people making under $250,000". Now the new york times says the administration is defending the mandated health premiums as a tax. That would include me, and it would take me three years to make that much.

The ny times financial section has an interesting article on the subject.

Has Obama told the truth ever? Hell he blew that no new taxes for any one making under 250,000 a month after he was in office, if it wasn't for lies we would never of heard a word from the messiah

Sweetchuck
07-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Q: How do you know Obama is lying?

(not all at once, plz).

:laugh2: