Sweetchuck
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
The greatest video game EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn71hIsm0U8

Insein
05-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Overrated!!!

Its not even the greatest JRPG ever. Way overhyped because of its notoriety with the first polygon graphics and CG cutscenes. Legend of Dragoon was better on the PS1.

DragonStryk72
05-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Overrated!!!

Its not even the greatest JRPG ever. Way overhyped because of its notoriety with the first polygon graphics and CG cutscenes. Legend of Dragoon was better on the PS1.

Sorry, gotta disagree with Legend of the Dragoon, part.

As far as the best RPG goes, i'm sorry, but Bioware beat everyone else dead with Dragon Age Origins and Awakenings. Fully voice-acted so that you're not reading text all the time, multiple main character arcs that actually matter to the story, a moral choice system that not only alters events for the ending and second game, but are not just a choice between being Santa Christ or Devil Hitler.

A customizable combat system that you can continue to tweak to your own unique style of play. And of course, absolutely incredible graphic content.

Insein
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Sorry, gotta disagree with Legend of the Dragoon, part.

As far as the best RPG goes, i'm sorry, but Bioware beat everyone else dead with Dragon Age Origins and Awakenings. Fully voice-acted so that you're not reading text all the time, multiple main character arcs that actually matter to the story, a moral choice system that not only alters events for the ending and second game, but are not just a choice between being Santa Christ or Devil Hitler.

A customizable combat system that you can continue to tweak to your own unique style of play. And of course, absolutely incredible graphic content.

For true RPG's, Bioware and Bethesda are the leaders right now. I limit the likes of FF and games similar to it as Japanese RPG's or JRPG. There's a distinct difference between styles. One you are actually living out a role and defining that character's existence in anyway you want (RPG). The other you are living a playable story with set characters and plot points to play through (JRPG). Two very enjoyable styles but drastically different from one another.