PDA

View Full Version : An Ohio mailman has saved 3 lives in 20 years.

HogTrash
07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Keith McVey is quick to react and not afraid to help.

What greater gift is there than to give someone their life back?

We're all potential heros, but would we react if the necessity confronted us?

Heroic mailman saves 3 lives while on the job
Published - Jul 20 2010 04:54AM EST
By MEGHAN BARR - Associated Press Writer

AKRON, Ohio — The mailman finished his afternoon deliveries in an unassuming way, betraying no sign that anything out of the ordinary had occurred save for the blood on his uniform and the cut on his lip. Back at the post office, he was greeted with cries of disbelief: "Did you hear? Keith saved another life today."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/20/heroic-mailman-saves-lives-job/

The sad truth is, many people's natural reaction is to look away and walk on by.

Because of this 'natural reaction', we should all consider what we would do in advance.

If you or a loved one were in need of help, how would you feel if people simply walked on by?

SassyLady
07-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Keith McVey is quick to react and not afraid to help.

What greater gift is there than to give someone their life back?

We're all potential heros, but would we react if the necessity confronted us?

The sad truth is, many people's natural reaction is to look away and walk on by.

Because of this 'natural reaction', we should all consider what we would do in advance.

If you or a loved one were in need of help, how would you feel if people simply walked on by?

I thought I was saving someone's life one day. I was leaving the supermarket when a young woman came running down the sidewalk and was being chased by a man....who grabbed her and threw her to the ground. She was screaming and I thought it was her boyfriend or husband. I ran over and told him to get off her and had dropped my bag of food .... and just before I hit him he starts yelling "security, security"....and pulls a badge out of his pocket....and then two other men and a woman came running up...the guy is frantically trying to tell me that HE is security. One of the other guys is telling me that he is an undercover cop and caught the woman stealing and she decided to run.

I can still remember the adrenelin .... I was ready to shred that guy ... and wasn't even thinking about a gun or knife when he reached into his pocket. I was thinking .... "where's the best place to kick him after I grab his hair and yank him assbackwards"!

I am definitely someone who reacts first....because when I see something like that I get mad.

And, I do have CPR training .... got my first certificate when I was 16 and got a babysitting job through social services. They required that I be certified. Last certification was in 2008....and I am so glad that we don't have to do the "pump and breathe" anymore....just continuous compressions. Don't know if I could do 100 per minute for 10 minutes though....might cause my own heart attack if I did. :laugh2: