PDA

View Full Version : Rev Wright cover up by news media

country
07-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Fox & Friends this AM reported on a story from The Dailey Caller calling out some in the MSM for trying to silence the rev wright story during the dem primary. According to the story the MSM was in the tank for obama[gasp] and feared that if rev wright story got legs, hillery would get the nomination. Their strategy was to deflect stories of wright by calling conservative F Barnes a "racist".
Apparently The Caller has documentation proving their allegations and are starting to name the news outlets involved.. Sounds like more to come.

Insein
07-20-2010, 11:54 AM
:link:

Kathianne
07-20-2010, 11:56 AM
:link:

Good job! I was thinking the same and how this is 'news' today? Seems the Wright cover up was well covered by the alternative media at the time, ignored by one-party media just like the NPP story regarding DOJ has been recently. Fact that tea party matters is that the one-party media is cracking to a degree.

Kathianne
07-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I think I found the source of what spurred the OP in the thread:

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/documents-show-media-plotting-to-kill-stories-about-rev-jeremiah-wright/3/#ixzz0uEZJT8v8

Again I think most of us surmised this was going on and pointed out when observed. It's nice though that these tools actually wrote such nonsense:

Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright
By Jonathan Strong - The Daily Caller | Published: 1:15 AM 07/20/2010 | Updated: 9:25 AM 07/20/2010

Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., pastor of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ and former pastor of Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., addresses a breakfast gathering at the National Press Club in Washington, Monday, April 28, 2008. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
Katha Pollitt – Hayes’s colleague at the Nation – didn’t disagree on principle, though she did sound weary of the propaganda.
“I hear you. but I am really tired of defending the indefensible. The people who attacked Clinton on Monica were prissy and ridiculous, but let me tell you it was no fun, as a feminist and a woman, waving aside as politically irrelevant and part of the vast rightwing conspiracy Paula, Monica, Kathleen, Juanita,” Pollitt said.

“Part of me doesn’t like this shit either,” agreed Spencer Ackerman, then of the Washington Independent. “But what I like less is being governed by racists and warmongers and criminals.”

Ackerman went on:

I do not endorse a Popular Front, nor do I think you need to. It’s not necessary to jump to Wright-qua-Wright’s defense. What is necessary is to raise the cost on the right of going after the left. In other words, find a rightwinger’s [sic] and smash it through a plate-glass window. Take a snapshot of the bleeding mess and send it out in a Christmas card to let the right know that it needs to live in a state of constant fear. Obviously I mean this rhetorically.

And I think this threads the needle. If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction. in other words, Alinsky tactics.

Ackerman did allow there were some Republicans who weren’t racists. “We’ll know who doesn’t deserve this treatment — Ross Douthat, for instance — but the others need to get it.” He also said he had begun to implement his plan. “I previewed it a bit on my blog last week after Commentary wildly distorted a comment Joe Cirincione made to make him appear like (what else) an antisemite. So I said: why is it that so many on the right have such a problem with the first viable prospective African-American president?”

LuvRPgrl
07-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Fox & Friends this AM reported on a story from The Dailey Caller calling out some in the MSM for trying to silence the rev wright story during the dem primary. According to the story the MSM was in the tank for obama[gasp] and feared that if rev wright story got legs, hillery would get the nomination. Their strategy was to deflect stories of wright by calling conservative F Barnes a "racist".
Apparently The Caller has documentation proving their allegations and are starting to name the news outlets involved.. Sounds like more to come.

MSM bias to the liberals is not news to anyone who does even half-ass interested in being well informed.

Question is, by exposing it to the general population as much as possible, will it have any effect on their opinions or choice of entertainment, errrr, news sources.

I highly doubt it will, the general public will go on relying on the msm entertainment stations guised as "news" for their info on making choices and forming opinions.

The only way to change it is to get more conservatives into the MSM>