PDA

View Full Version : Arizona does not border Mexico????? Seriously????

SassyLady
07-23-2010, 12:44 AM
This woman has to be almost as dumb as the politican who thought Guam would capsize after a Marine buildup on the island.

County Supervisor, Peggy West, dumbest politician east of the Mississippi ( Updated)
by Jim Kelley on Jun.24, 2010
In a stunningly ignorant rant about Arizona’s Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act (SB1070), Peggy West a county supervisor from Milwaukee WI, states in part ” If this were Texas a state that borders Mexico I would have to look twice at this, but it’s Arizona, a state that is a ways removed from the border…” What adds insult to the injury of her stupidity is that she had listed one of her interests as Mexican history on her FaceBook page. The interest has since been removed.

Do I need to tell you this woman is a Democrat? Her party must be so proud.

Supervisor West is currently Chairwoman of the Health and Human Needs Committee and is a member of the Economic & Community Development and Finance & Audit Committees. Active in her community, Supervisor West was named the 2004 Hispanic Woman of the Year by UMOS, Inc. A committed believer in community service, Supervisor West volunteers for UMOS, Inc. and Mexican Fiesta and serves as a mentor at Notre Dame Middle School.

Peggy serves on the Latina Resource Center Advisory Board, Sports Authority Planning Council, Health Care Policy Task Force, Milwaukee Center for Independence Board of Visitors, Kosciuszko Community Center Advisory Board and Esperanza Unida Board of Directors; she is Co-Chair of the Side Side National Night Out Planning Committee as well as the Cesar E. Chavez Drive Advancement Committee. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the Milwaukee Democratic Party.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JTncsZcvAg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JTncsZcvAg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

CSM
07-23-2010, 05:22 AM
I wonder if she can see Mexico from her back porch?

KarlMarx
07-23-2010, 05:59 AM
This woman has to be almost as dumb as the politican who thought Guam would capsize after a Marine buildup on the island.

Unfortunately, this person is not an anomaly. She is the norm. Many people cannot find America on a map of the world. Many do not know history. Many do not have any inkling of how our system of government works.

Those in power like it that way, too. For them, an informed electorate is dangerous. Look at this current crop of losers in Congress. They are breaking every rule in the book. No one is lifting a finger to have these people brought before a judge (as if it would make any difference, the judges are more left wing than they are).

No, America has had it. The land that my parents came to for a better life, the America that I grew up in, is fading away. It is being replaced by a land of despair, ignorance, and want. And who do we have to blame?????

The answer comes from Shakespeare... "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, ....."

There is no free lunch, when you expand the role of government, you expand its power. When you expand its power, you invite abuse by the ambitious.

country
07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately, this person is not an anomaly. She is the norm. Many people cannot find America on a map of the world. Many do not know history. Many do not have any inkling of how our system of government works.

Those in power like it that way, too. For them, an informed electorate is dangerous. Look at this current crop of losers in Congress. They are breaking every rule in the book. No one is lifting a finger to have these people brought before a judge (as if it would make any difference, the judges are more left wing than they are).

No, America has had it. The land that my parents came to for a better life, the America that I grew up in, is fading away. It is being replaced by a land of despair, ignorance, and want. And who do we have to blame?????

The answer comes from Shakespeare... "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, ....."

There is no free lunch, when you expand the role of government, you expand its power. When you expand its power, you invite abuse by the ambitious.

Your first paragraph says it all, and these people are allowed to vote.

Sweetchuck
07-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Clearly she's reasoning that AZ doesn't border Mexico since AZ isn't caught up in putting out oil booms because of the gulf spill.

SassyLady
07-24-2010, 12:26 AM
I can't believe that she thinks that just because the AZ governor shook hands with Obama that she has all the resources she needs to secure the border. What is it about people that think breathing the same air as Obama will cure everything.....no worries mate?!?

LuvRPgrl
07-28-2010, 02:56 AM

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JTncsZcvAg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JTncsZcvAg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Thats so scary you just have to laugh, or cry, well, not cry, but actually weep.

This illustrates that our country is now being run by many people who are not only stupid, and liars, but so damn ignorant. This kind of ignorance in a person in a posistion to help make policy decisions that affects peoples lives is down right scary and part of what has caused me to lose hope for our country. I really dont think we are ever going to "right the ship", as I dont think this kind of ignorance is that uncommon amongst people in govt leadership posistions.

Binky
07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
When in doubt, it would have behooved those idiots to pick up a map and uh.........let's see now,.............oh yeah...........TAKE A DARN PEEK AT IT TO SEE FOR THEMSELVES WHERE THE BORDER LIES.....

:cuckoo::bang3:

Binky
07-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I can't believe that she thinks that just because the AZ governor shook hands with Obama that she has all the resources she needs to secure the border. What is it about people that think breathing the same air as Obama will cure everything.....no worries mate?!?

Hey, he's the chosen one. That is..........chosen to help in the demise of America....:lame2:

Binky
07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
You know.......what I don't understand is how can people reach the ages those two are at, and have gone thru high school, and not known that tidbit of info? It seems I am never surprised at how damn ignorant some people actually are. I just don't get it tho'. How is this even possible? And to think there are soooooo many more just like them that are holding down offices in our local, state and federal gov't's.

It really comes as no shocker that America is in the trouble it's in since it has people of such caliber running it and making the laws the rest of us are to abide by.....

Everytime an idiot makes an idiotic law, there's a bell going off somewhere that Americans are one step closer to being under total control by those pulling the strings. The puppet masters are feveriously at work and idiotic statements such as these ignorant people made only makes it that much easier for the string puller to make us all do a little dance for them....