PDA

View Full Version : American Terrorist?

revelarts
07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/27/AR2010062701928.html

...Panetta also warned that being a U.S. citizen was no protection for those who conspire against the United States. He had been asked about Anwar al-Aulaqi, an American-born cleric, now in Yemen, who has been linked to terrorist attacks, including the Fort Hood shootings and the bombing attempt on a Detroit-bound plane last Christmas.

"Aulaqi is a terrorist and, yes, he is a U.S. citizen, but he is first and foremost a terrorist, and we are going to treat him like a terrorist," Panetta said when asked whether Aulaqi was on an assassination list. "We don't have an assassination list, but I can tell you this: We have a terrorist list, and he's on it." Intelligence and counterterrorism officials have said Aulaqi is on a target list of terrorists who can be killed. ....

Does anyone have a problem with the idea that US citizens can be put on a terrorist list?

Missileman
07-24-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/27/AR2010062701928.html

Does anyone have a problem with the idea that US citizens can be put on a terrorist list?

No rational person could reasonably have a problem with that.

revelarts
07-24-2010, 01:01 PM
No rational person could reasonably have a problem with that.

maybe, In that particular case, however does this set a precedent for more?
That guy encouraged a shooter in line with radical Muslim teachings is my understanding.
Encouraged to take lives of Americans.
Bad Guy not doubt.
Now he's considered a terrorist.
The flood of new laws makes it so a terrorist has practically no rights. Gitmo is to good for um, send them to secret prisons or shoot them dead with a drone, torture, spy, whatever it takes the gov't has FREE REIGN to do whatever it takes to get that guy.
basically NO RIGHTS. Life nope, Search-nope, property-nope, council-hah.

now,
There are a few people on this board that have said they it might be necessary to take up arms against the US gov't. How easy would it be to declare them... us terrorist?

Am I way out in oz here?

Mr. P
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Not me. Not if they are a terrorist!

Missileman
07-24-2010, 07:17 PM
That guy encouraged a shooter in line with radical Muslim teachings is my understanding.
Bad Guy not doubt.
The flood of new laws makes it so a terrorist has practically no rights. Gitmo is to good for um, send them to secret prisons or shoot them dead with a drone, torture, spy, whatever it takes the gov't has FREE REIGN to do whatever it takes to get that guy.

now,
There are a few people on this board that have said they it might be necessary to take up arms against the US gov't. How easy would it be to declare them... us terrorist?

Am I way out in oz here?

Taking up arms against a government doesn't make someone a terrorist...intentionally targeting civilians does

Gaffer
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Just a point for you Rev. The guy is hiding out in another country with known al queda members. He has been instrumental in getting other people to commit acts of terrorism and who knows how many others have been influenced by him. His status as an American went out the window a long time ago. So did all other rights. Death by drone is too good for him.

cadet
07-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Bad Guy not doubt.

now,

Am I way out in oz here?

Armed resistance against an oppressive gov. is not on the same level as someone who purposefully targets innocent civilians with the intent to "terrorize" thus the name terrorist:coffee:

revelarts
07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Armed resistance against an oppressive gov. is not on the same level as someone who purposefully targets innocent civilians with the intent to "terrorize" thus the name terrorist:coffee:

Terrorist have killed plenty of soldiers. If they had a chance they throw more than shoes at Bush.
But yes, in general they do target civilians. But are you sure the gov't definition of terrorist and yours are the same?

Nukeman
07-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Terrorist have killed plenty of soldiers. If they had a chance they throw more than shoes at Bush.
But yes, in general they do target civilians. But are you sure the gov't definition of terrorist and yours are the same?

The only definition that will matter is the one in the history books, because that will tell you who thoe winner is and if a oppresive government was overthrown or if you were just a malcontent!!!!