PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell have I been?

dan
04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Greetings, all. Glad to see the board's been in such good spirit since I've been gone!

Just checking in at the moment to say that I'm not dead. As I've said, Taco Smell is the only place in N. Augusta that has wireless access (although we have a Starbuck's that's being built at a frighteningly quick pace), and I don't like that place to begin with, and after eating there a few times a week for two weeks, I REALLY didn't like that place.

But, the big news at the moment is that I got a new job. And one that's actually in my field of "expertise", too! There's a local small company that produces these reference books on the best lawyers in the country, via peer review, and I got hired as one of the editors, as well as their web site editor. Very cool. Of course, the actual work really consists of talking to lawyers on the phone all day, which isn't terribly cool, but, hey, it's a big step closer to getting into the writing field. And the pay is decent (much better than what I'm getting now, for sure) and I get full benefits. And it's a very laid-back environment, everyone wears jeans and t-shirts, and everyone seems to be pretty cool (I know two people that work up there). So, yeah, that's my big news right now.

Other than that, just more of the same old, same old. Saw the Flaming Lips in Athens a couple weeks ago, you can imagine how that was (I'll save the gushing). I think I talked about the Of Montreal concert, but if not, that was freaking awesome, too.

So, yeah, things are good. Once I start to get some money rolling in from this new job, my first priority is to get internet (not sure about DSL or cable yet) hooked up in my place. We'll see.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. How are you?

Abbey Marie
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Congrats on the new job, Dan! :clap:

Said1
04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Congrates on the job! I suppose lawyers are better than the general public. I hate the general public. :laugh2:

More money has it's benefits too. I'm almost jealous. One thing I learned from working with lawyers is that their favorite phrase is 'would you say......' Good luck and enjoy! :cheers2:

jimnyc
04-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Long time, no talk, brother! Congrats on the job! Lawyers suck, I have way too much first hand knowledge there.

Abbey Marie
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Long time, no talk, brother! Congrats on the job! Lawyers suck, I have way too much first hand knowledge there.

:( ;)

jackass
05-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Congrates on the job! I suppose lawyers are better than the general public.

Ok SOMEONE hasnt worked in a Law Firm before!!! :laugh2:

jackass
05-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Glad to hear it Dan!! Keep up the good work!

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Here's to jobs with benefits! Cheers! :beer:

MtnBiker
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Good to hear from you Dan, congrats on the new employment! :beer: