PDA

View Full Version : 1 in 4 married couples sleep in separate beds

-Cp
07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38410209/ns/today-the_new_york_times?GT1=43001

red states rule
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Reminds me of a poll that asked why men got up at night

10% f men said they got up to go to the bathroom

20% of men said they got up to get something to eat

70% of men said they got up to go home

Sweetchuck
07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
I have a sort of tourettes syndrome when I sleep, especially if I'm sleeping in a new environment. I get these nightmares where I wind up yelling very loudly a bunch of obscenities in the middle of the night. Like the time after we just got married and we stayed over my inlaws in the extra room (right next to theirs) and during the middle of the night I started yelling FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!

Anyway, when we started sleeping together right after I got married, I had this dream that something was chasing me and I got cornered, so all I could do is come out swinging. And I did - punching the shit out of her in my sleeping yelling YOU FUCKING WHORE!

She still sleeps with me though, but if I flare up - she just elbows me.

DragonStryk72
07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I have a sort of tourettes syndrome when I sleep, especially if I'm sleeping in a new environment. I get these nightmares where I wind up yelling very loudly a bunch of obscenities in the middle of the night. Like the time after we just got married and we stayed over my inlaws in the extra room (right next to theirs) and during the middle of the night I started yelling FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!

Anyway, when we started sleeping together right after I got married, I had this dream that something was chasing me and I got cornered, so all I could do is come out swinging. And I did - punching the shit out of her in my sleeping yelling YOU FUCKING WHORE!

lol, and that's the way it should be, honestly. I know that sounds odd, but bear with me: We have become a very 'me,me,me' society, and we now have the capability to control almost every aspect of our living environment, down to the A/C in our houses that make sure we never have to adapt to the ambient temperature of the place we live in.

due to this self-serving attitude we've developed, we are now extending that into marriage, of course, because why should we "have" to change for anyone else? Well, the answer is because change is a constant part of our lives, and a marriage is a big change, one predicated upon two people becoming one unit by the exchange.

I do however think that the article is being very alarmist about the issue. It makes no assertion other than what is. It does not track the marriage over time to see if it succeeds or fails, nothing, just whether or not the married people are sleeping in the same bed.

Mr. P
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sweetchuck
07-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I had an episode a couple weeks ago.

I'm driving from PA to Alabama, I booked a room halfway down near Louisville KY. I needed to have my car down there permanently which is why I drove.

Anyway, I stay at this motel, decent place. Rooms were large, it must have been an older place but it was clean, but the big rooms were odd.

I get this dream in the middle of the night that I'm in this maze. I'm getting ready to do something, I can't remember specifically what it was but that action would have gotten me out of this maze. There is a witch in the maze somewhere - I know exactly where she is and I also know that once I do this act, she will come and kill me. So I perform that action and it doesn't work - I'm still stuck in the maze but I sense this witch suddenly starts to move, coming toward me.

I panic and start yelling very loudly HELP! SOMEBODY HELP! HELLLLLP!

Then I wake up and realize I'm in a motel and think "fuck, I hope nobody comes to help".

How fucked up am I?

:laugh:

Mr. P
07-27-2010, 12:09 AM

I'm driving from PA to Alabama, I booked a room halfway down near Louisville KY. I needed to have my car down there permanently which is why I drove.

Anyway, I stay at this motel, decent place. Rooms were large, it must have been an older place but it was clean, but the big rooms were odd.

I get this dream in the middle of the night that I'm in this maze. I'm getting ready to do something, I can't remember specifically what it was but that action would have gotten me out of this maze. There is a witch in the maze somewhere - I know exactly where she is and I also know that once I do this act, she will come and kill me. So I perform that action and it doesn't work - I'm still stuck in the maze but I sense this witch suddenly starts to move, coming toward me.

Then I wake up and realize I'm in a motel and think "fuck, I hope nobody comes to help".

How fucked up am I?

Geezzz maybe you should apply some duct tape across the mouth at bed time..at least if ya peal it off to spout out it'll wake yer ass up. :laugh:

Conanthebudgetarian
07-27-2010, 09:58 PM
You both are girly men.

Women, with big breast, deserve respeckt.

Binky
07-28-2010, 11:00 AM

How fucked up am I?

Seek help......you are one strange puppy.....:laugh2: