PDA

View Full Version : Santelli: Tea Party More a 'Philosophy' Than a Party

red states rule
07-27-2010, 05:29 AM
I think it was Kathianne who made the same observation in one of her posts

This is what the Tea Party is all about; why liberals are so damn scared of it and want it destroyed

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdZuyteuqG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdZuyteuqG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Kathianne
07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
He nailed that, yes that is what I've been saying for a long time. I fear that the Republicans are going to co-opt the name, but they will not co-opt the thinking behind the movement. There is no 'party' per se, too many different ideologies there. However, there is unity in cutting spending, taxes, philosophy of government areas of interests, etc.

To me it seems that somehow these people, the newly awakened if you will, do not need unification as much as a voice to their concerns. It will not come from the leaders of either party, it may well come from several writers or some other influential way that gives voice, then will come those that will run for office and be held to account.

Always the most focus should be local-especially counties and state legislatures, as that's where the people are most impacted, experience for national platforms are gained.

red states rule
07-27-2010, 02:01 PM
He nailed that, yes that is what I've been saying for a long time. I fear that the Republicans are going to co-opt the name, but they will not co-opt the thinking behind the movement. There is no 'party' per se, too many different ideologies there. However, there is unity in cutting spending, taxes, philosophy of government areas of interests, etc.

To me it seems that somehow these people, the newly awakened if you will, do not need unification as much as a voice to their concerns. It will not come from the leaders of either party, it may well come from several writers or some other influential way that gives voice, then will come those that will run for office and be held to account.

Always the most focus should be local-especially counties and state legislatures, as that's where the people are most impacted, experience for national platforms are gained.

Nope they do not need either politcal party. They were a sleeping giant who woke up one day and saw the bailouts, the deficits, the spending all taken to new heights

Then they were further motivated when they were savaged by liberal and their supporters in the media as racists because they had the nerve to openely oppose the Obama agenda

Kathianne
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Nope they do not need either politcal party. They were a sleeping giant who woke up one day and saw the bailouts, the deficits, the spending all taken to new heights

Then they were further motivated when they were savaged by liberal and their supporters in the media as racists because they had the nerve to openely oppose the Obama agenda

Well first were Gingrich and Armey, then Palin, now Bachmann all trying to 'speak' for the Tea Party. Any or all of these will turn away many. Scott Brown too is a cautionary note, though I again blame the party more than the individual. He didn't really 'court' the tea party, they acted.

Both parties are bad for the country, it's just a matter of degree and which is in power.

Abbey Marie
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Whenever I read about the tea party movement, the only issues I hear discussed are fiscal ones. Are we to conclude that tea partiers do not care much about social, or any other, non-fiscal issues?

Would the average tea partier say that neither the federal nor local gov't should be involved with these other issues? If not, are they not just Libertarians with a new name?

Kathianne
07-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Whenever I read about the tea party movement, the only issues I hear discussed are fiscal ones. Are we to conclude that tea partiers do not care much about social, or any other, non-fiscal issues?

Would the average tea partier say that neither the federal nor local gov't should be involved with these other issues? If not, are they not just Libertarians with a new name?

I'd say that the fiscal issues are the only common thread uniting those in general. Sure there are those who'd agree with you on social issues, there are also some who'd agree in principle with Gabby, though not as many. ;) Some are libertarians, that recognize that party has issues, this is next closest. There are those that favor the military, those against US involvement in most circumstances.

The most cohesive issues are smaller government, lower taxes, addressing deficit, cutting entitlements.